Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elite staff

(01-28-2021, 06:19 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 06:02 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Jaguars are looking to add Mark Brunell as QB coach.

The Lions are, not the Jags.

I stand corrected:

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/stat...17057?s=21

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thank god Brunell wound up with the Lions.

(01-28-2021, 09:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Thank god Brunell wound up with the Lions.

You have some sort of insight as to how well he is a being a coach?

(01-28-2021, 09:55 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 09:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Thank god Brunell wound up with the Lions.

You have some sort of insight as to how well he is a being a coach?

I have an idea yeah. I am very glad we'll be going with a veteran QB coach (if Wilson's tweet is right) over a guy with zero experience above HS and who has flaunted highly questionable to flat out wrong opinions every time I've heard him speak over the past half decade...which is a lot of times.

(01-28-2021, 10:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 09:55 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: You have some sort of insight as to how well he is a being a coach?

I have an idea yeah. I am very glad we'll be going with a veteran QB coach (if Wilson's tweet is right) over a guy with zero experience above HS and who has flaunted highly questionable to flat out wrong opinions every time I've heard him speak over the past half decade...which is a lot of times.

I figured as much.  You have no insight.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-28-2021, 10:49 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 10:44 PM)Upper Wrote: I have an idea yeah. I am very glad we'll be going with a veteran QB coach (if Wilson's tweet is right) over a guy with zero experience above HS and who has flaunted highly questionable to flat out wrong opinions every time I've heard him speak over the past half decade...which is a lot of times.

I figured as much.  You have no insight.

Hey man if you want to entrust the face of our franchise to a guy who has no experience and whose opinions on QBs we know have been really bad just because he was a franchise legend as a player that's your prerogative. I'll play the odds.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 08:18 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-28-2021, 11:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 10:49 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I figured as much.  You have no insight.

Hey man if you want to entrust the face of our franchise to a guy who has no experience and whose opinions on QBs we know have been really bad just because he was a franchise legend as a player that's your prerogative. I'll play the odds.

Yeah, that's why I want to 'entrust the face of our franchise to a guy who has no experience'.  Pardon me, I'd love you to point out where I said that.  What I'm saying is you don't know jack [BLEEP] and you're basing your opinion on a couple of times you've seen him on television.  And on those very few instances, he's being paid to offer his opinion on a player.  Somehow that correlates to him not being able to coach.  Get it?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 09:16 AM by Jags32250.)

TV opinions on QBs impact how he teaches the mechanics of throwing a ball?

Brett Favre thinks we should draft Devonta Smith over Trevor Lawrence, does that mean he doesn’t know how to throw also?

Nah, but I would tend to lend credence to the opinions of a guy who won a National Title in college, was a three time Pro Bowler, and stuck around the league for 19 years at one of the most mentally demanding positions where he is also top 50 all time in career passing yards.
Just because he gets opinions WRONG, doesn't mean he doesn't know how to play the position.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021, 11:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I like this

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state...160303341/

I'm sure Bowen will be putting it in Meyers ear to get Freiermuth

I don't want Freiermuth but Bowen seems to have a nice reputation for a guy as young as he is.

I'd take a baby Gronk. Here's a good article on him

https://www.patspulpit.com/2021/2/1/2225...penn-state

I'm well aware of baby gronk. I would much rather spend on one of the nice TE FA and use the whatever high pick we'd have to use on Freiermuth on a guy we won't likely have to wait until year 3 to get an impact from.

(02-01-2021, 11:51 PM)Upper Wrote: I'm well aware of baby gronk. I would much rather spend on one of the nice TE FA and use the whatever high pick we'd have to use on Freiermuth on a guy we won't likely have to wait until year 3 to get an impact from.

Not sure if you are.  If he is sitting there at 45 I'd take a hard look depending who all is there.  I think he is good enough to make an impact before year 3.  Even if we get a TE in FA I'd be ok looking at him but I hope tackle and defense is first on the list in FA.

(02-01-2021, 11:51 PM)Upper Wrote: I'm well aware of baby gronk. I would much rather spend on one of the nice TE FA and use the whatever high pick we'd have to use on Freiermuth on a guy we won't likely have to wait until year 3 to get an impact from.

What "year" is yer boy OJ going to have impact?  You wanted him top 5 if I recall?

I like Friermuth and think he would be a good target for TL. I just hope the hiring of his college position coach does not tip our hands in the draft.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Stealing from Baltimore and Seattle?

I like.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 12:50 PM by Brett.)

Longtime defensive coordinator Bob Sutton will be a senior defensive assistant.

These staffing hires are becoming stacked. I'm staying optimistic.

Michigan football LB coach Brian Jean-Mary interviewing with Urban Meyer, Jaguars: Report
https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-footba...Of1ykCnwEP
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]