Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hypothetical Jaguar Scenarios for Backup QB

Oline I wanted to answer your question because I’ve always respected you as a long time board brethren.

Yes I have seen the moves made by our team lately. But like I was saying...it won’t stop Trevor from throwing a spiral, and it ain’t gonna stop Shenault from looking like another Hines Ward. It won’t stop James Robinson from being a student of the game and coming out of nowhere to being a stud muffin. Players play and coaches coach.

What do you have to be optimistic about? We have TWO 1’s and TWO 2’s and a 3rd. That means we’re going to have 5 players in the top 90 picks. That’s pretty cool.

We also had a RB come out of nowhere and rushed for almost 1100 in just 14 games. He’s a STUD. Shenault led the team in catches as a rook. He will be better in year 2. Chark is a pro bowl caliber WR. We’re getting Oliver back. Eifert stayed healthy all year and we have options at TE if we want to draft another player there. We still have Josh Allen, Myles Jack, JoeShow, and our rookie CB will be in year 2. We have a solid QB2 that showed he could win ball games. Heck, he beat the Colts. He should have won rookie of the year 2 years ago. We will still have 4 or 5 more picks to use on defense.

Oh and we’re getting the best QB in the country. Urban Meyer has only lost 32 games in college. He can’t do worse than Gus Bus, Mularkey, and Marrone.

Players play and coaches coach. I remember at my job when I got a different supervisor, my production never wavered.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-23-2021, 02:41 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Oline I wanted to answer your question because I’ve always respected you as a long time board brethren.

Yes I have seen the moves made by our team lately. But like I was saying...it won’t stop Trevor from throwing a spiral, and it ain’t gonna stop Shenault from looking like another Hines Ward. It won’t stop James Robinson from being a student of the game and coming out of nowhere to being a stud muffin. Players play and coaches coach.

What do you have to be optimistic about? We have TWO 1’s and TWO 2’s and a 3rd. That means we’re going to have 5 players in the top 90 picks. That’s pretty cool.

We also had a RB come out of nowhere and rushed for almost 1100 in just 14 games. He’s a STUD. Shenault led the team in catches as a rook. He will be better in year 2. Chark is a pro bowl caliber WR. We’re getting Oliver back. Eifert stayed healthy all year and we have options at TE if we want to draft another player there. We still have Josh Allen, Myles Jack, JoeShow, and our rookie CB will be in year 2. We have a solid QB2 that showed he could win ball games. Heck, he beat the Colts. He should have won rookie of the year 2 years ago. We will still have 4 or 5 more picks to use on defense.

Oh and we’re getting the best QB in the country. Urban Meyer has only lost 32 games in college. He can’t do worse than Gus Bus, Mularkey, and Marrone.

Players play and coaches coach. I remember at my job when I got a different supervisor, my production never wavered.

I get it. We were a 1-15 team and we've made a lot of changes. On paper that is good, but we bring in a Head Coach with no NFL coaching experience and despite his success in college, it's not like he turned losing programs around. Florida was 7-5 and #25 in the coaches poll the year before he arrived and Ohio State was 9-3 and #8 in the coaches poll the year before he was hired there. He inherited very talented teams. He essentially walked into good situations in both cases. The NFL is totally different and despite this, he is basically getting total control of the team. I just don't see this as a wise move at all. He promised an elite staff, yet in his first move, he decides to keep an O-Line Coach who is widely considered the worst in the NFL and he's failed to develop either of our highly drafted OT's. We have tons of draft picks and we're essentially handing them to a pair that has one guy with no NFL experience (Meyer) and another who is a terrible drafter who took a Superbowl participant and turned them into a 2-14 team (Baalke). That doesn't instill a lot of confidence to me. 

As far as the players, getting Trevor Lawrence is great and having good, young WR's and a reliable RB is terrific. Eifert and O'Shaughnessy are serviceable, but both are free agents. Oliver sucks and we've been getting very little from the TE position for years. Allen was a very promising edge rusher as a rookie, but reverted terribly and now, I don't know what to think of him. Myles Jack had a great year, but we spent a lot of money on Joe Schobert to sure up our run defense and he was flat out terrible. Now we're stuck with him at least one more season, because he counts $16.6 million in dead cap money. C.J. Henderson did very little in his rookie season, but hopefully he can rebound. Our backup QB was awful and spent most of the time looking like a deer in headlights, so God knows Trevor better stay healthy, because we have nothing behind him. 

Please don't say Meyer can't do any worse than our past Head Coaches. Every time I say things can't get any worse, they do. I think that even saying those words brings a curse. We have enough bad luck as it is.

(01-23-2021, 05:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 02:41 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Oline I wanted to answer your question because I’ve always respected you as a long time board brethren.

I get it. We were a 1-15 team and we've made a lot of changes. On paper that is good, but we bring in a Head Coach with no NFL coaching experience and despite his success in college, it's not like he turned losing programs around. Florida was 7-5 and #25 in the coaches poll the year before he arrived and Ohio State was 9-3 and #8 in the coaches poll the year before he was hired there. He inherited very talented teams. He essentially walked into good situations in both cases. The NFL is totally different and despite this, he is basically getting total control of the team. I just don't see this as a wise move at all. He promised an elite staff, yet in his first move, he decides to keep an O-Line Coach who is widely considered the worst in the NFL and he's failed to develop either of our highly drafted OT's. We have tons of draft picks and we're essentially handing them to a pair that has one guy with no NFL experience (Meyer) and another who is a terrible drafter who took a Superbowl participant and turned them into a 2-14 team (Baalke). That doesn't instill a lot of confidence to me. 

As far as the players, getting Trevor Lawrence is great and having good, young WR's and a reliable RB is terrific. Eifert and O'Shaughnessy are serviceable, but both are free agents. Oliver sucks and we've been getting very little from the TE position for years. Allen was a very promising edge rusher as a rookie, but reverted terribly and now, I don't know what to think of him. Myles Jack had a great year, but we spent a lot of money on Joe Schobert to sure up our run defense and he was flat out terrible. Now we're stuck with him at least one more season, because he counts $16.6 million in dead cap money. C.J. Henderson did very little in his rookie season, but hopefully he can rebound. Our backup QB was awful and spent most of the time looking like a deer in headlights, so God knows Trevor better stay healthy, because we have nothing behind him. 

Please don't say Meyer can't do any worse than our past Head Coaches. Every time I say things can't get any worse, they do. I think that even saying those words brings a curse. We have enough bad luck as it is.

We just had the worst season in franchise history, the first time we had the worst record in the NFL, and our first #1 pick overall. I think it's pretty safe to say it can't get worse or at least meaningfully worse.

(01-23-2021, 06:12 AM)Predator Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 05:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I get it. We were a 1-15 team and we've made a lot of changes. On paper that is good, but we bring in a Head Coach with no NFL coaching experience and despite his success in college, it's not like he turned losing programs around. Florida was 7-5 and #25 in the coaches poll the year before he arrived and Ohio State was 9-3 and #8 in the coaches poll the year before he was hired there. He inherited very talented teams. He essentially walked into good situations in both cases. The NFL is totally different and despite this, he is basically getting total control of the team. I just don't see this as a wise move at all. He promised an elite staff, yet in his first move, he decides to keep an O-Line Coach who is widely considered the worst in the NFL and he's failed to develop either of our highly drafted OT's. We have tons of draft picks and we're essentially handing them to a pair that has one guy with no NFL experience (Meyer) and another who is a terrible drafter who took a Superbowl participant and turned them into a 2-14 team (Baalke). That doesn't instill a lot of confidence to me. 

We just had the worst season in franchise history, the first time we had the worst record in the NFL, and our first #1 pick overall. I think it's pretty safe to say it can't get worse or at least meaningfully worse.

Trust me. I've lived a long time. It can always get worse, in ways you'll never see coming.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 03:23 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

So now Shenault is Hines Ward with Tyreek Hill's explosiveness?  Laughing 
You still talking about Oliver? lol the guy who can't stay healthy and has shown nothing in the NFL??
Eifert who will be a year older and did nothing?
Schobert is nothing special, just slightly above average
Solid QB2 that showed he could win games? yeah, he only won 1 this season and then was benched  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-23-2021, 11:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 06:12 AM)Predator Wrote: We just had the worst season in franchise history, the first time we had the worst record in the NFL, and our first #1 pick overall. I think it's pretty safe to say it can't get worse or at least meaningfully worse.

Trust me. I've lived a long time. It can always get worse, in ways you'll never see coming.

Wise words, for sure.  Anyone who's lived for any length of time knows, things can always get worse.

In my opinion, the worst Offensive Line coach in the NFL is still one of the best coaches in the world. I think Urbs and Lawrence is a good match. And I’m also big on coaches having a lot of control. Big Tuna’s famous quote comes to mind.

I guess I just see the good in things. I realize the negatives but I try to work with the positives. Idk just me

(01-23-2021, 01:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: In my opinion, the worst Offensive Line coach in the NFL is still one of the best coaches in the world. I think Urbs and Lawrence is a good match. And I’m also big on coaches having a lot of control. Big Tuna’s famous quote comes to mind.

I guess I just see the good in things. I realize the negatives but I try to work with the positives. Idk just me

Not just you.

(01-23-2021, 03:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 01:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: In my opinion, the worst Offensive Line coach in the NFL is still one of the best coaches in the world. I think Urbs and Lawrence is a good match. And I’m also big on coaches having a lot of control. Big Tuna’s famous quote comes to mind.

Not just you.

Thanks Marty. I’m just so excited we actually are drafting Trevor Lawrence that I don’t care who the coach is. This is kid is a big time QB and has abilities that coaches can’t teach. I’m also excited about James Robinson, he’s a legit 1,000 yard back and he’s still on a rookie deal. Pretty sure we will pay him but the excitement of having him paired with Lawrence is awesome. And then we have 2 young studs at WR. Chark has shown what he can do without Lawrence, I can’t wait to see what he can do with him. Shenault has all the tools, soft hands, RB/TE body that runs like a WR. 

Yeah our oline is trash but a good QB can fix some of that. 

Our defense is trash but we can fix that with a couple of FA and some rookies. Jack and Joe at LB is pretty delicious in my opinion. Give me a hard nose SS that can come up and Darius a ball carrier and give me something to work with a CB and I’ll be a happy man.

I’m gonna sit back and see what Urbs can do. I’m actually glad we didn’t get some recycled Head Coach, or some offensive line coach. I’m glad we made a splash. Shake things up some.

Minshew as our backup QB. He’s right back where he was when he came in against KC and went 13 for 13. He can get the thumb healed up and settle in as the Jaguars QB2. A year or 2 when we’re making a push for the playoffs it’s going to be a luxury to have Minshew as a backup.

Call me crazy but I like the way things are shaping up.