Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hypothetical Jaguar Scenarios for Backup QB

I think Minshew is the best backup QB possible. My problem with it is that he clearly still wants to be a starter.. He apparently pleaded with Marrone to put him back in when Luton or Glennon got a start this year and that kinda attitude wouldn't be ideal with TL here. But if he's okay with being a backup for some time, then he would be ideal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-16-2021, 07:44 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think Minshew is the best backup QB possible. My problem with it is that he clearly still wants to be a starter.. He apparently pleaded with Marrone to put him back in when Luton or Glennon got a start this year and that kinda attitude wouldn't be ideal with TL here. But if he's okay with being a backup for some time, then he would be ideal.

Mahomes would be a better backup.

(01-16-2021, 08:34 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 07:44 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think Minshew is the best backup QB possible. My problem with it is that he clearly still wants to be a starter.. He apparently pleaded with Marrone to put him back in when Luton or Glennon got a start this year and that kinda attitude wouldn't be ideal with TL here. But if he's okay with being a backup for some time, then he would be ideal.

Mahomes would be a better backup.

? if we had Mahomes trevor lawrence would be an after thought

(01-15-2021, 01:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Do we take Fields? I’ve heard this too many times already. No! We take Trevor Lawrence 100 times out of 100. However I would like to see what we do at backup QB.

Minshew - very capable QB
Haskins - ties with Urban
Alex Smith - ties with Urban
Tebow - I’m just kidding 

Man we are on every sports channel right now.

I would love Smith as backup qb. The guy just oozes class and is clearly intelligent and has overcome so much.

(01-16-2021, 06:01 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Would you make Lawrence the week 1 starter? Obviously its his job but if we have another covid affected camp it seems a bit crazy to just throw him in, especially with our Oline and learning a new system.

Minshews contract makes him look the most attractive. Solid QB for $700,000. You could easily pay more for less. I get the logic of a vet but how much do you pay a QB whos going to be replaced by week 7 no matter how well they play.

Next year is going to be another rebuilding year, roll with Minshew until Lawrence is ready and use the cap elsewhere.
No starting Lawrence is making the statement that you don't believe the team can contend for a playoff spot.  

We've already had more than enough of the losing mentality around here.  The face of the franchise needs to be leading the team on the field, not riding the bench.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Trevor Lawrence is already our starting QB. From the moment he declared for the NFL draft.

Keeping Minshew for another year will probably be the most logical thing. Garrard type of deal when he was the backup. At just $700k, he’s proven that he can win ball games. He has a chance to be one of the best backups in the league.

(01-18-2021, 12:35 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Trevor Lawrence is already our starting QB. From the moment he declared for the NFL draft.

Keeping Minshew for another year will probably be the most logical thing. Garrard type of deal when he was the backup. At just $700k, he’s proven that he can win ball games. He has a chance to be one of the best backups in the league.

I must've missed all the wins he racked up.

(01-18-2021, 10:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 12:35 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Trevor Lawrence is already our starting QB. From the moment he declared for the NFL draft.

I must've missed all the wins he racked up.

I don't see where he's saying anything erroneous.  Is he saying he can win every game?  Has he won NFL games?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2021, 10:28 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-18-2021, 10:25 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 10:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I must've missed all the wins he racked up.

I don't see where he's saying anything erroneous.  Is he saying he can win every game?  Has he won NFL games?

He won a game, this past season. I think we can do better than having him as a backup.

(01-17-2021, 08:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 06:01 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Would you make Lawrence the week 1 starter? Obviously its his job but if we have another covid affected camp it seems a bit crazy to just throw him in, especially with our Oline and learning a new system.

Minshews contract makes him look the most attractive. Solid QB for $700,000. You could easily pay more for less. I get the logic of a vet but how much do you pay a QB whos going to be replaced by week 7 no matter how well they play.

Next year is going to be another rebuilding year, roll with Minshew until Lawrence is ready and use the cap elsewhere.
No starting Lawrence is making the statement that you don't believe the team can contend for a playoff spot.  

We've already had more than enough of the losing mentality around here.  The face of the franchise needs to be leading the team on the field, not riding the bench.

We arent going to be a playoff contender next year. We arent going from 1-15 to a 10+ Win season, the roster is way too weak, a rookie QB and a first year HC. 

I completely get your argument and part of me thinks roll with Lawrence and get everyone learning and playing together right away. Where i am worried is Foles getting injured in 1Q thanks to Caan screwing up his assignment, i look at Burrows getting hit all game every game for the Bengals until he injured his ACL. 

Lawrence is the future for the next 15 years, im just saying if sitting him for 4-5 weeks helps him pick up everything it doesn't seem the worst idea.

(01-18-2021, 10:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 10:25 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't see where he's saying anything erroneous.  Is he saying he can win every game?  Has he won NFL games?

He won a game, this past season. I think we can do better than having him as a backup.

He's better than Ryan Tannehill. Put him on that team and they're going to the AFC Championship.

(01-18-2021, 12:06 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 10:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He won a game, this past season. I think we can do better than having him as a backup.

He's better than Ryan Tannehill. Put him on that team and they're going to the AFC Championship.

[Image: tenor.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2021, 01:31 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-18-2021, 01:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 12:06 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's better than Ryan Tannehill. Put him on that team and they're going to the AFC Championship.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Ryan Tannehill straight up sucks... so it's not far fetched.

Imagine him with Fournette instead of Henry.

/\/\/\/\ THIS
You know every defense will be wanting TL's blood ala what happened with Burrow and the Bungles.
No need to just throw him out there no matter how ready you think he is.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

also gives time for the team to put more pieces around him on offense.
Like receivers, O line and get another RB to go with JRob
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Minshew better than Tannehill lmaooo

I think someone like Mariota may be decent and consistent with the partial RPO plays that will be in the playbook.

Heck, pay Drew Brees $2m and tell him he doesn't have to play a single down.

(01-18-2021, 12:06 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 10:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He won a game, this past season. I think we can do better than having him as a backup.

[Image: tumblr_inline_mmpwstNF841qz4rgp.gif]

You've lost all credibility.

(01-18-2021, 02:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 12:06 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's better than Ryan Tannehill. Put him on that team and they're going to the AFC Championship.

[Image: tumblr_inline_mmpwstNF841qz4rgp.gif]

You've lost all credibility.

Have you guys actually watched the guy versus other teams? It's not impressive. He's never been impressive.. neither has Minshew... but Tannehill is a loser and always has been.

(01-18-2021, 10:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 10:25 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't see where he's saying anything erroneous.  Is he saying he can win every game?  Has he won NFL games?

So he's only played one season?  Yes, we must have BACKUP quarterback that has a winning record.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]