Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Win Now Window

I believe that we have to push our chips in and go for a championship before Trevor Lawrence's rookie contract expires. We currently can spend in FA and build with draft picks. We have a coach who is not guaranteed to be here for a long period of time. I feel like TLaw will require a significant pay check by the time he hits that second deal. I figure we have a handful of years to go at this thing, so we have to hit on these picks and FA deals right now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No window son, dynasty!

If he develops into the QB we're all hoping for, he will want, deserve and receive a "significant paycheck".  That's the just cost of retaining a franchise quarterback entering his prime and it really isn't subject to debate.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

You got Urbs for 22 games. After that his glaucoma gonna start acting up and, sadly, he'll have to retire from coaching.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-15-2021, 06:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You got Urbs for 22 games. After that his glaucoma gonna start acting up and, sadly, he'll have to retire from coaching.

2 preseason games+17 regular season games+2 playoff games+1 Superbowl Game= 22 games
Urban's got his work cut out for him

Please don’t do TLaw how they did JRam.

(01-16-2021, 05:51 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Please don’t do TLaw how they did JRam.

You have to be kidding me.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-16-2021, 07:58 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 05:51 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Please don’t do TLaw how they did JRam.

You have to be kidding me.

Poster boy for Just Say No.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Sorry if I’m an idiot. But JRam?

(01-26-2021, 09:21 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:

Sorry if I’m an idiot. But JRam?

Jalen Ramsey. You know....Tom/Dave/Doug DISRESPECTED him....his back flared up and he pouted his way into a record contract for a CB....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 11:28 AM by JagFan81.)

I get the logic, especially with a rookie QB contract but this roster is so weak, theres no way we could turn this into a SB roster in 2 years, even if we hit every FA and draft pick. 

My biggest worry is it's going to take 2 years at least to get this team as a true playoff contender. I thought Khans quote from Baalkes press conference was telling and it seems hes willing to give them time, but how long do they plan on being here?

Khan on Thursday declined to specify contract length for Meyer or Baalke, but said the two are aligned contractually."

"It's a long time," Khan said.

(01-15-2021, 01:51 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: I believe that we have to push our chips in and go for a championship before Trevor Lawrence's rookie contract expires. We currently can spend in FA and build with draft picks. We have a coach who is not guaranteed to be here for a long period of time. I feel like TLaw will require a significant pay check by the time he hits that second deal. I figure we have a handful of years to go at this thing, so we have to hit on these picks and FA deals right now.

This is the Russell Wilson/Jared Goff rookie contract win now model.
You can stack the team with blue chip talent while the QB is on the rookie contract.  It becomes alot harder to win on the QB's 2nd contract and consequent talent depletion.

Wilson and Seattle were a Malcolm Butler interception away from being a back to back dynasty.  In the Rams/Goffs case they got close but it didn't work out and then guys like Ngdomonok Suh left once the 2nd Goff contract kicked in.

(01-26-2021, 10:27 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 09:21 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Sorry if I’m an idiot. But JRam?

Jalen Ramsey. You know....Tom/Dave/Doug DISRESPECTED him....his back flared up and he pouted his way into a record contract for a CB....

Yeah I never would have clued this together.

We should be thanking Jalen Ramsey, we could be using his second first rounder to land Meyers ex stars Thomas and Lattimore!