Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's first pick worth if we trade it?

(01-16-2021, 11:15 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The fact that Trevor could be the next Payton Manning (or top 5 QB in the league for the next 15+ years, I would not make the trade.  All OSU QBs have been busts in the NFL and there is too much risk with the other 2 (Wilson and Lance).

OK, so in response to the question, What is it worth (and "nothing" not being an option), I would say All of the Jets 1st round picks as long as Trevor Lawrence is playing in the NFL.  Such condition shall not be less than 5 first round picks in the event Trevor suffers a career ending injury prior to his 5th year.  Need to also add language to the contract that the Jets are prohibited from trading out of the 1st round as long as this trade agreement is in effect.

Cannot trade picks more than 2 years out (2021, 2022).

All the jets 1st, 2nd, and third round picks for the next two drafts. Might as well throw in Darnold to see if a change of view would make a difference. Look at his last two head coaches.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What if Trevor pulls an Eli and we have no choice but to trade the pick?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

What if Trevor walks away from the game and decides he wants to retire from football?

Someone would have to give up enough to make the Herschel Walker trade look like a bargain for the Vikings.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

I feel like if Trevor Lawrence is worth 4/5 first rounders to literally anyone... then we probably shouldn’t trade a talent that’s worth 4/5 first rounders. Especially a QB. And especially a QB coming to a franchise who’s never had a franchise QB. It’s our biggest need and we have the best prospect available to us. This is nonsensical. We aren’t starved for draft capital, we’re starved for top talent.

(01-16-2021, 03:16 PM)Dimson Wrote: What if Trevor pulls an Eli and we have no choice but to trade the pick?

Keep his rights. He plays here or he doesn't play at all.

(01-16-2021, 12:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 11:33 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Only trade i'd consider (and i'd probably still not take it tbh)

Jets give us:
their 2nd overall pick this year
their other 1st this year
2nd this year
1st next year
Mecki Becton

And the only way i'm doing this aswell is if we can throw the 2nd overall pick at houston for Watson, let them fail with fields.

Basically, you get a franchise QB anyway, a franchise LT, still have 2 first round picks this year and double picks for the next year along with 3 2nds this year etc. But if we couldn't get Watson i'd pass, because the drop off to me from Lawrence to the other QBs in this draft is abysmal.

This was pretty creative to land Watson and alleviate the risk of drafting an unproven risk with regard to Fields, Wilson, or Lance.  I kind of like this thinking out the box concept.

You should be an NBA GM --- they always make 3 or 4 team trades.

(01-16-2021, 11:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If I absolutely HAD to do it, I would ask for something like all the other posters have asked for- both 1st round picks this year, this year's 2nd round pick, next year's first round pick, and a first the year after that.  

So, you think I went overboard with wanting the the Jets 1st round pick for the next 20 years?  Even that deal would suck if Trevor goes on to win 5 super bowls with the Jets.

Yeah the only problem is that, how would you gurantee yourself to get Watson when making the trade to the Jets, and also if he was to be had for the 2nd overall pick I think they would do that before giving us this boat load for Lawrence. But who knows.

(01-16-2021, 12:57 PM)EricC85 Wrote: A decade of first round and second round picks otherwise I’m not even listening. That’s right you give me your next two picks for the next 10 years and it’s something to think about.

Yep me too.

(01-16-2021, 03:16 PM)Dimson Wrote: What if Trevor pulls an Eli and we have no choice but to trade the pick?

What if the moon was your car and Jupiter was your hairbrush?

Think about what we saying for a second, even if a team give up their first-round pick every year for the next 10 years Trevor Lawrence will only be 31 years old and still in his prime. There's not a trade in the world that will make me give up Trevor Lawrence.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-16-2021, 06:34 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Think about what we saying for a second, even if a team give up their first-round pick every year for the next 10 years Trevor Lawrence will only be 31 years old and still in his prime. There's not a trade in the world that will make me give up Trevor Lawrence.

Not just every first round pick. Every pick. Jags would have double picks in every round for the next 10 years. That might actually be worth it. Of course it would never happen but since we're playing "what if".
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-16-2021, 06:44 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 06:34 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Think about what we saying for a second, even if a team give up their first-round pick every year for the next 10 years Trevor Lawrence will only be 31 years old and still in his prime. There's not a trade in the world that will make me give up Trevor Lawrence.

Not just every first round pick. Every pick. Jags would have double picks in every round for the next 10 years. That might actually be worth it. Of course it would never happen but since we're playing "what if".

They gonna have to hand over a truck full of cash too

Herschel Walker and Ricky Williams.....
A good starting point.
Signature goes here.

Andrew Luck is 31.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

All of the over-hype on TLaw is starting to make me worry. I like him as a prospect, but this "generational talent" crap needs to stop. All of us are going to be dissapointed for awhile because of it. He's not Peyton Manning. Could he be? Maybe but let's watch and find out.

(01-16-2021, 09:45 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: All of the over-hype on TLaw is starting to make me worry. I like him as a prospect, but this "generational talent" crap needs to stop. All of us are going to be dissapointed for awhile because of it. He's not Peyton Manning. Could he be? Maybe but let's watch and find out.

None of it is overhype.

That's what he's been billed as from his middle school days and at every level that he's played at, he's shown why people label him as such.

(01-16-2021, 09:45 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: All of the over-hype on TLaw is starting to make me worry. I like him as a prospect, but this "generational talent" crap needs to stop. All of us are going to be dissapointed for awhile because of it. He's not Peyton Manning. Could he be? Maybe but let's watch and find out.

Why exactly isn't he Peyton Manning.  Peyton Manning couldn't even win the big one in college and was always choking in the big games.

Being Trevor Law is generational, a team will have to give multiple 1st picks 2nd and 3rds. I found it ODD that Meyer mentioned Haskins throwing 50 times a game when Haskins is a FA..

I don't know how good Lawrence is gonna end up being, but if he turns out to be better than Mark Brunell was, he'll still be the best QB in the history of the team and that's good enough for me.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2021, 07:28 AM by The Real Marty.)

That would be the most illogical thing in the world.  He is probably looking at the situation down here and realizing how lucky it is that things worked out for him this way.  Urban Meyer thinks this is the perfect situation, and TL should be thinking the same thing.  Of all the crummy teams at the bottom of the draft, this is the one with the best prospects.  He is lucky it turned out this way for him.

(01-17-2021, 12:18 AM)JaguarWC Wrote: Being Trevor Law is generational, a team will have to give multiple 1st picks 2nd and 3rds.  I found it ODD that Meyer mentioned Haskins throwing 50 times a game when Haskins is a FA..

He was just trying to illustrate that you play to your strengths.  He also said if you have Zeke Elliott, you run the ball.  Both of those were his players.  That's why he used those examples.  He's making the point that he is flexible and will tailor his strategy according to the players he has.