Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's first pick worth if we trade it?

(01-16-2021, 12:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 12:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can April get here already before we talk ourselves into making a monumental mistake?

We aren't doing anything but arguing, as usual. So, what would you Take for Trevor?

To me, the first pick in this years draft is priceless. In this case, a trade is off the table, and I would take nothing. That is further compounded by us having ANOTHER 1st round pick in the same draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-17-2021, 09:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 12:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We aren't doing anything but arguing, as usual. So, what would you Take for Trevor?

To me, the first pick in this years draft is priceless. In this case, a trade is off the table, and I would take nothing. That is further compounded by us having ANOTHER 1st round pick in the same draft.

And yet that violates the intent of the discussion. Nothing is not an option. I don't want nor do I think they will trade the pick, but I still figured what I think a reasonable trade that would give any GM pause to consider it's value. You can't realistically do the same?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We’ll settle for a little bit more than everything.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2021, 12:25 PM by surfon.)

KC Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill.

I know the spirit of this is to find out what our price is. Problem is I really dont have a price for the first pick this year...well say maybe all the picks of the team we traded it to for the next 5 years...how's that?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-17-2021, 12:24 PM)surfon Wrote: KC Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill.

Lol i kind of understand people who wouldnt trade it for watson, but Mahomes is worth both our first and our first the next 2 years easily maybe more. Mahomes is maybe the most talented qb we have ever seen and if he wins a couple more superbowls he will be in the goat conversation in the next 5 years.

(01-17-2021, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 09:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: To me, the first pick in this years draft is priceless. In this case, a trade is off the table, and I would take nothing. That is further compounded by us having ANOTHER 1st round pick in the same draft.

And yet that violates the intent of the discussion. Nothing is not an option. I don't want nor do I think they will trade the pick, but I still figured what I think a reasonable trade that would give any GM pause to consider it's value. You can't realistically do the same?
Why would nothing not be an option? I see it in the "spirit of the discussion just like assigning a value. Some things just do not have a price in life...forcing others to assign a value seems a bit heavy handed.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-17-2021, 05:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And yet that violates the intent of the discussion. Nothing is not an option. I don't want nor do I think they will trade the pick, but I still figured what I think a reasonable trade that would give any GM pause to consider it's value. You can't realistically do the same?
Why would nothing not be an option? I see it in the "spirit of the discussion just like assigning a value. Some things just do not have a price in life...forcing others to assign a value seems a bit heavy handed.

It seems so simple to not participate if you can't participate. Nothing is not an option because it's both easy and the most likely position for all of us. This is intended to discuss trade value and alternate scenarios, and the number 1 pick has ton of it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2021, 05:42 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-17-2021, 09:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: To me, the first pick in this years draft is priceless. In this case, a trade is off the table, and I would take nothing. That is further compounded by us having ANOTHER 1st round pick in the same draft.

Well, my ideal situation would involve a trade for Watson, but Houston doesn't have anymore picks to give,  and I am not interested in 1st rounders many years down the road. Even if they had picks to give, we are getting Trevor on a rookie salary, and Watson just got paid.

It depends on the suitor. Not all 1st round picks are equal. Getting multiple 1st round picks from a crappy team for Trevor will likely yield only one 1st round pick in the top 10, since they will likely exponentially improve.

If I had a gun to my head for a trade, it would have to be 3 1st round picks from a team selecting in the top 5 in 2021, and 2 2nd round picks, and 2 3rd round picks.

(01-16-2021, 11:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have never had a great QB and we finally get a chance to get one of the best QB prospects ever an we are discussing trading back.  Let's just stay at 1 and draft one of the best QB prospects ever and get our QB
I disagree, Brunell was a great QB until he was hurt.  He was never the same after Gerald McCoy's cheapshot.  I think it might have been during a pre-season game. Unnecassary.

(01-17-2021, 12:24 PM)surfon Wrote: KC Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill.

Mahomes and Kelce

(01-17-2021, 05:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And yet that violates the intent of the discussion. Nothing is not an option. I don't want nor do I think they will trade the pick, but I still figured what I think a reasonable trade that would give any GM pause to consider it's value. You can't realistically do the same?

Did you read the title of the thread?  The discussion he's asking for is requisite upon a trade.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-17-2021, 06:33 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 11:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have never had a great QB and we finally get a chance to get one of the best QB prospects ever an we are discussing trading back.  Let's just stay at 1 and draft one of the best QB prospects ever and get our QB
I disagree, Brunell was a great QB until he was hurt.  He was never the same after Gerald McCoy's cheapshot.  I think it might have been during a pre-season game. Unnecassary.

Jesse Armstead.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-17-2021, 06:33 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:

Good yes, great no

(01-18-2021, 08:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 06:33 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: I disagree, Brunell was a great QB until he was hurt.  He was never the same after Gerald McCoy's cheapshot.  I think it might have been during a pre-season game. Unnecassary.

Good yes, great no

Exactly. The fact that this team has been in existence for 25 years and our best QB was only "good", says a lot about how it has been mismanaged.

Why is it not an option? Not because we won't trade it away, but because there is literally no trade deal available that would be worth that, given the limits on how far out draft picks can be traded.

It would have to be a trade including a player (or multiple players), and one of those players would have to be a sufficiently sure-fire quarterback that the rest of the deal to make up the value wouldn't be on offer by the team moving up to take a quarterback. If you're able to offer the value of the pick, you don't need the pick that badly. If you need the pick that badly, you don't have the capital to match its value.

(01-18-2021, 12:01 PM)iapetus Wrote:

Why is it not an option? Not because we won't trade it away, but because there is literally no trade deal available that would be worth that, given the limits on how far out draft picks can be traded.

It would have to be a trade including a player (or multiple players), and one of those players would have to be a sufficiently sure-fire quarterback that the rest of the deal to make up the value wouldn't be on offer by the team moving up to take a quarterback. If you're able to offer the value of the pick, you don't need the pick that badly. If you need the pick that badly, you don't have the capital to match its value.

Because the question is about trading the pick not about retaining it. Pretty simple concept really...

(01-18-2021, 12:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 12:01 PM)iapetus Wrote: Why is it not an option? Not because we won't trade it away, but because there is literally no trade deal available that would be worth that, given the limits on how far out draft picks can be traded.

Because the question is about trading the pick not about retaining it. Pretty simple concept really...

There's only one player I would trade this 1st round pick with. Mahomes.

No other player even comes close.

Lawrence and Mahomes will be QB 1 & 2 for the next 10 years.... but then 5 more years for Lawrence.

In the interest of the thread.

How about:
Miami’s 2 first rounders this year
Miami’s 1 and 2 next year
and Tua

We would add a premier LT or WR with the 3rd overall pick and we would still have 4 more picks in the first 2 rounds.

Tua’s stock is a bit low, but I believe he will improve on his rookie season.

(01-18-2021, 01:43 PM)rufftime Wrote: In the interest of the thread.

How about:
Miami’s 2 first rounders this year
Miami’s 1 and 2 next year
and Tua

We would add a premier LT or WR with the 3rd overall pick and we would still have 4 more picks in the first 2 rounds.

Tua’s stock is a bit low, but I believe he will improve on his rookie season.

That is an offer I'd see as competitive. Any idea why Miami is in the rumors about Deshaun Watson? Are they that soured on Tua?