Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s next for Watson?

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 02:49 PM by jaglyn.)

(03-31-2021, 03:08 PM)p_rushing Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...un-watson/

So Watson uses +40 different massage therapists? I thought this started last year because of covid and his normal person not being able to do it? Now he admits he has a problem.

A lot of those “therapists” are IG models more than they are massage therapists

Lol Watson picked em. Dude was a frikkin horndog

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-04-2021, 03:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 12:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: When does the commissioner step in?  There can't be a double standard for star players.

Does the word "proof" mean anything to you?

Standards of proof will vary according to the forum/entity.

The civil cases that started all of this requires a "preponderance of the evidence."  Whichever side produces the most and persuasive proof wins.  It could be as little as 50.1% as opposed to 49.9%.

If this becomes a criminal prosecution, the prosecution would have to prove "guilt beyond a reasonable doubt."  As the phrasing suggests, it's a pretty high standard to meet, and it is set up that way because a criminal defendant faces the potential loss of his freedom and, in some cases, life.

Now the commissioner can act "in the best interests of the league."  I'm not sure what kind of proof or how much proof is required for the commissioner to act.  Big Ben was suspended without being criminally charged/prosecuted.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 05:04 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(04-04-2021, 03:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 12:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: When does the commissioner step in?  There can't be a double standard for star players.

Does the word "proof" mean anything to you?

I mean.... apparently proof means different things to different people.

These aren't "anonymous sources" the media is just lying about with a 1st amendment security blanket for their BS... these are real women coming forward with allegations of abuse.

Yes, they are allegations... but at a certain point you have to trust in people... because there is no proof and can NEVER be proof for what he did... and it's wrong. It's disgusting how slanted our justice system is toward the criminal rather than the victim.

EDIT: And while there can be no proof... it's suspicious as hell that he deleted all IG DMs.... luckily Facebook saves all our personal correspondence.

(04-06-2021, 05:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 03:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Does the word "proof" mean anything to you?

I mean.... apparently proof means different things to different people.

These aren't "anonymous sources" the media is just lying about with a 1st amendment security blanket for their BS... these are real women coming forward with allegations of abuse.

Yes, they are allegations... but at a certain point you have to trust in people... because there is no proof and can NEVER be proof for what he did... and it's wrong. It's disgusting how slanted our justice system is toward the criminal rather than the victim.

EDIT: And while there can be no proof... it's suspicious as hell that he deleted all IG DMs.... luckily Facebook saves all our personal correspondence.

So is it "criminal" or "abuse" if I get a massage and request a "happy ending"?

If the "happy ending" is granted because I happen to be a star athlete is that considered "criminal" or "abuse"?

What if I got a "happy ending" and the masseuse got a lawyer that told her he could get big bucks for her because she "felt guilty" afterwards?

Our justice system isn't slanted one way or the other, it's "slanted" in that a person is "innocent until proven guilty".

So what law(s) has he broken?  What crime(s) did he commit?  Where is the PROOF of such crime(s)?

As I have said before, this sure looks like a case of a greedy lawyer and some greedy women that want to get a "payday" from the man.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-06-2021, 06:04 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: So is it "criminal" or "abuse" if I get a massage and request a "happy ending"?

If the "happy ending" is granted because I happen to be a star athlete is that considered "criminal" or "abuse"?

What if I got a "happy ending" and the masseuse got a lawyer that told her he could get big bucks for her because she "felt guilty" afterwards?

Our justice system isn't slanted one way or the other, it's "slanted" in that a person is "innocent until proven guilty".

So what law(s) has he broken?  What crime(s) did he commit?  Where is the PROOF of such crime(s)?

As I have said before, this sure looks like a case of a greedy lawyer and some greedy women that want to get a "payday" from the man.

It depends on how it played out. Exposing yourself is a crime and brushing against someone is a crime. I don't see how criminal charges are filed though because there is no proof unless the messages prove it. Once you add all the complaints, with therapy and tell other people immediately, you can easily win a civil case.

I've said all along that he will probably win any criminal cases but lose the war. The war is his NFL career.

Watson needs to fire his lawyer asap. He admitted today, by releasing settlement emails, that he wanted to use this as a learning experience for Watson. This was in Feb. Then in March he did it again to another woman.

His lawyer continues to validate the case against Watson.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Ashley Solis is ugly. What was Deshaun thinking.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 01:21 AM by CanDoBetter.)

(04-06-2021, 10:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Watson needs to fire his lawyer asap. He admitted today, by releasing settlement emails, that he wanted to use this as a learning experience for Watson. This was in Feb. Then in March he did it again to another woman.

I don't know about that. Rusty Hardin is apparently one of the best lawyers there is. I think it says more if such an experienced lawyer does this. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-s...049627.php

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 07:09 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-06-2021, 10:45 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Ashley Solis is ugly. What was Deshaun thinking.

You have very high standards.  To me, she's quite attractive.  Not that it's relevant in any way to the case.

But what interests me about this case is, how do they measure damages?  Were the women so traumatized that they could not work, and therefore lost hundreds of thousands of dollars they would have made giving massages?

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 07:41 AM by homebiscuit.)

(04-07-2021, 07:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 10:45 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Ashley Solis is ugly. What was Deshaun thinking.

You have very high standards.  To me, she's quite attractive.  Not that it's relevant in any way to the case.

But what interests me about this case is, how do they measure damages?  Were the women so traumatized that they could not work, and therefore lost hundreds of thousands of dollars they would have made giving massages?

Emotional pain and trauma, based on carefully crafted compensation tables governed by the mortgage, boat, and vacation disbursements of their lawyers.

(04-07-2021, 01:17 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 10:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Watson needs to fire his lawyer asap. He admitted today, by releasing settlement emails, that he wanted to use this as a learning experience for Watson. This was in Feb. Then in March he did it again to another woman.

I don't know about that. Rusty Hardin is apparently one of the best lawyers there is. I think it says more if such an experienced lawyer does this. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-s...049627.php
Both of the lawyers are experienced with high profile cases. One continues to win outside of court and the other keeps responding and sticking his foot in his mouth. He could win the civil case and still lose Watson's career. Watson really needs a PR firm to tell the lawyer to shutup and not to try to decide the case in the media.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Nike suspends the clown

(04-07-2021, 09:50 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Nike suspends the clown

Of course they did, they are the wokest slavery staffed corporation in the world. Getting this kind of response is the primary strategy of the accusers, he didn't play ball and pay them so they are going after his wallet a different way.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-07-2021, 09:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:50 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Nike suspends the clown

Of course they did, they are the wokest slavery staffed corporation in the world. Getting this kind of response is the primary strategy of the accusers, he didn't play ball and pay them so they are going after his wallet a different way.

You mean that Watson is the real victim?

(04-07-2021, 10:31 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Of course they did, they are the wokest slavery staffed corporation in the world. Getting this kind of response is the primary strategy of the accusers, he didn't play ball and pay them so they are going after his wallet a different way.

You mean that Watson is the real victim?

Perhaps. We clearly have a situation where none of this would've made the news if he'd just paid the blackmail damages the lawyer demanded at first.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He is not just facing an NFL suspension. But could be in the criminal one. As twenty two women wow! Must have a problem with women.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

I am not going to quote any specific posters, but yeesh some of you must distrust women by default.

He said, she said is certainly fair to be skeptical. Especially with money and fame involved.

He said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, and counting.

I think it is time to stop the Watson is the real victim narrative. He will have his day in civil and or criminal court. In the mean time some posters on here are looking pretty rough. At least try to be impartial...

(04-08-2021, 10:44 AM)rufftime Wrote: I am not going to quote any specific posters, but yeesh some of you must distrust women by default.

He said, she said is certainly fair to be skeptical.  Especially with money and fame involved.

He said, she said, she said,  she said,  she said, she said,  she said,  she said, she said,  she said,  she said, she said,  she said,  she said, she said,  she said,  she said, she said,  she said,  she said, she said,  she said, and counting.

I think it is time to stop the Watson is the real victim narrative.  He will have his day in civil and or criminal court.  In the mean time some posters on here are looking pretty rough.  At least try to be impartial...

Facts.

The Texans are really kicking themselves right now. The could be looking like geniuses if the would of taken some of those trade offers. The should of taken some of those offers even if none if the happen

(04-09-2021, 05:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Texans are really kicking themselves right now.  The could be looking like geniuses if the would of taken some of those trade offers.  The should of taken some of those offers even if none if the happen

How so? If the allegations began before the league year started, the trade would not have been filed yet, and I don't know that the league would approve a trade for a player that is currently under their scrutiny pending the results of civil suits, and I imagine any team willing to pay a set value in Jan 2021 would change their mind as to the appropriate compensation once March 17 rolled around.

Even if two teams agreed to the trade, it wouldn't have gone through.

Just like if you put a bid on a house that looks wonderful, but upon inspection you find that the house is riddled with termite damage, either you pull your bid outright, or the bid is modified to either adjust for the fix or you require that the problem is fixed before you agree to the deal. If someone offered 3 firsts in mid-February for him, but March that offer was off the table or going to be drastically reduced.