Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s next for Watson?

(03-11-2022, 08:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 06:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How can he not face criminal charges with that many women accusing him? Something seems very off about this.

There is an axiom that you could indict a ham sandwich.

Either all of those cases were very weak, or the prosecutor really didn't want to pursue the charges.

Seems to me each individual case would be hard to prosecute, right?  He said/she said in each instance unless there were DNA evidence.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2022, 05:14 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

If the tinhorns were smart they would start kissing his [BLEEP] now and make amends. LOL.

But. After the haul the Seahawks got for Wilson with Denver? They could probably flip all of that right back around and get Watson. Personally, if I had to pick between Seattle and Washington? I would probably lean towards Washington.

Seattle under Carrol has proven they couldn't get it done with Wilson over the past few years. The NFC West is clearly one of the toughest damn divisions in football.

I would be more than happy to end up in Washington. Imagine a trade where Washington gives the tinhorns Wentz and they swap some picks around and give up picks for Watson. Poor Wentz. Hilarious.

Another situation could be the Panthers swapping McCaffrey + Picks for Watson. I could see that happening.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022, 01:59 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Reports today there are four teams that have expressed an interest in Watson:  Saints, Panthers, Browns, and Seahawks.

Watson wants to meet with each team before a trade is made, and he can't meet with any of them until Wednesday.

I'm rooting for him to go to Seattle or the Saints.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-13-2022, 12:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Reoirts today there are four teams that have expressed an interest in Watson:  Saints, Panthers, Browns, and Seahawks.

Watson wants to meet with each team before a trade is made, and he can't meet with any of them until Wednesday.

I honestly believe it will come down to Seattle and Carolina. If he ends up going to Cleveland, that would be funny. Then we'd start this QB carousel all over again with Baker Mayfield.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022, 02:02 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-13-2022, 01:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 12:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Reoirts today there are four teams that have expressed an interest in Watson:  Saints, Panthers, Browns, and Seahawks.

I honestly believe it will come down to Seattle and Carolina. If he ends up going to Cleveland, that would be funny. Then we'd start this QB carousel all over again with Baker Mayfield.

I definitely don't want him in Cleveland.

Not only would that keep a stud QB in the AFC, which is already loaded with them, I think Cleveland becomes a Super Bowl threat.

I don't want him in Carolina. Even though it's been now 28 years since we both came into the league...still...[BLEEP] Carolina! They've already been to two Super bowls. They deserve to suck for a long time. I want the Jaguars to get to a Super Bowl before Carolina gets to a 3rd.

(03-13-2022, 02:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 01:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I honestly believe it will come down to Seattle and Carolina. If he ends up going to Cleveland, that would be funny. Then we'd start this QB carousel all over again with Baker Mayfield.

I definitely don't want him in Cleveland.

Not only would that keep a stud QB in the AFC, which is already loaded with them, I think Cleveland becomes a Super Bowl threat.

Now that they have Amari Cooper, yes they would. Watson and Cooper would form a very good combo.

(03-13-2022, 02:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 02:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I definitely don't want him in Cleveland.

Now that they have Amari Cooper, yes they would. Watson and Cooper would form a very good combo.

Donovan Peoples-Jones is a pretty decent vertical threat in his own right.

With a strong running game, a good offensive line, and potentially a really good defense with a star DE, yes, they would be a contender.

(03-13-2022, 01:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

If that happens I see Baker in Pitt and destroying them for the next decade.

Adam Schefter is now reporting that Houston has declined Indy's request to speak to Deshaun Watson. He stated they aren't comfortable with trading him to the AFC South which makes sense:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...8139816962

I don't want him going to Cleveland.

If he is traded to the Browns, there is the chance Myles Garrett ends up in Houston.

They have had Mario Williams, J.J. Watt, Jadeveon Clownery already. Garrett is among the last people I want to see as a Texan

(03-16-2022, 02:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't want him going to Cleveland.

If he is traded to the Browns, there is the chance Myles Garrett ends up in Houston.

They have had Mario Williams, J.J. Watt, Jadeveon Clownery already.  Garrett is among the last people I want to see as a Texan

I wonder where he will end up. I'm reading reports that he was supposed to meet with the Falcons today and also that the Panthers, Saints were interested in him. (In addition to the Browns.) I have even seen some rumors that the 49ers might be interested in him. Regarding the Browns who definitely seem interested, I did see that post from Baker Mayfield where it seems like he may be resigning himself to the possibility of leaving Cleveland. And Mort is saying that he thinks a separation between Baker and the Browns is inevitable:

(2) gifdsports on Twitter: "ESPN’s Chris Mortensen says Baker Mayfield and the Browns are breaking up because the Browns want an “adult” at QB https://t.co/cXPIOKNklr" / Twitter

Reports are that he's narrowed his choice to Atlanta and New Orleans. I find it odd that his two choices arguably have the worst WR situations in the NFL. Atlanta literally has no decent WR's to throw to and the Saints only have one viable WR and he's basically been out of football for almost 2 full seasons (Michael Thomas.) Either place he goes to, I see him having a major dip in his productivity, because whichever team gets him is gonna have to give up a ton of draft picks, so I don't see receiving help on the way.

(03-18-2022, 02:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Reports are that he's narrowed his choice to Atlanta and New Orleans. I find it odd that his two choices arguably have the worst WR situations in the NFL. Atlanta literally has no decent WR's to throw to and the Saints only have one viable WR and he's basically been out of football for almost 2 full seasons (Michael Thomas.) Either place he goes to, I see him having a major dip in his productivity, because whichever team gets him is gonna have to give up a ton of draft picks, so I don't see receiving help on the way.

...but both places have active night life. hmmmmmmm.

I imagine it's gonna be NOLA, they just restructured a bunch of folks to free up about $30M in cap.

Deshaun is a Brown.. Crazy

(03-18-2022, 03:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Deshaun is a Brown.. Crazy

I am glad they didn't send Myles Garrett to Houston.

But man the AFC is loaded with QBs.

Hopefully he ends up being suspended for another year.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2022, 07:34 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

I leave for a few hours and this happens. What happened to him informing the Browns they were out of the running? Only in America can a man be accused of sexual misconduct by 22 women and then turn around and sign a $230 million fully guaranteed contract.  Cry

(03-18-2022, 07:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I leave for a few hours and this happens. What happened to him informing the Browns they were out of the running? Only in America can a man be accused of sexual misconduct by 22 women and then turn around and sign a $230 million fully guaranteed contract.  Cry

And the guys at NFLN make Baker the bad guy in the story. smh.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-18-2022, 05:20 PM)Newton Wrote: Hopefully he ends up being suspended for another year.

I wouldn't want that.

i want the picks Houston gets from Cleveland to be as low as possible.  If Watson is suspended, Cleveland is likely to have a losing record, which means Houston will have a high draft pick in 2023.

The Texans deserve to suck.

(03-18-2022, 07:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I leave for a few hours and this happens. What happened to him informing the Browns they were out of the running? Only in America can a man be accused of sexual misconduct by 22 women and then turn around and sign a $230 million fully guaranteed contract.  Cry

Fully. Guaranteed.

The mind bortles.
I still think CLE screwed themselves on this deal, and not only because they fully guaranteed the deal. Those picks are gonna be missed.
They're gonna have to be like the Roms if they want to keep a decent team on the field, and right now their receiver room is vacuous.