Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s next for Watson?

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 05:28 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Expose urself to some women, leave the team you wanted to get away from, get $46 mil a year. Wow.
Most of us would be in jail, or have a tracking device on our ankle.
He took the long way out; should've just faked a back injury.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2022, 05:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Expose urself to some women, leave the team you wanted to get away from, get $46 mil a year.  Wow.

All of these allegations were false. The Texans knew he was going to leave, so they wanted to ruin his career because he wouldn't play by their rules. They had some wishy washy semi-evidence against him and completely blew it out of proportion. Probably paid all of the accusers. I don't believe their stories for a second.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2022, 09:17 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

In retrospect, this is starting to appear to be the case. My apologies, I was duped by ESPN. THEY MADE ME DO IT!! AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

I still would have gone with the back injury. Worked pretty well here.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-07-2022, 09:56 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 05:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Expose urself to some women, leave the team you wanted to get away from, get $46 mil a year.  Wow.

All of these allegations were false. The Texans knew he was going to leave, so they wanted to ruin his career because he wouldn't play by their rules. They had some wishy washy semi-evidence against him and completely blew it out of proportion. Probably paid all of the accusers. I don't believe their stories for a second.

It's he said she said...

Just the one with the millions always wins. That simple.

(04-08-2022, 03:26 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 09:56 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: All of these allegations were false. The Texans knew he was going to leave, so they wanted to ruin his career because he wouldn't play by their rules. They had some wishy washy semi-evidence against him and completely blew it out of proportion. Probably paid all of the accusers. I don't believe their stories for a second.

It's he said she said...

I seem to recall Watson admitting to the allegations and then quickly deleting his admissions, probably after his lawyer called him.

I think some folks are engaging in willful blindness.  If this were 4 or 5 disaffected women, I could understand the skepticism. But 22?  That's conspiracy theory level of improbability.  Add to that the likelihood of consensual sex with the several massage therapists who filed affidavits in support of him, given Watson's resistance to answer direct questions regarding that.  The probability of actionable misbehavior is high.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

What's next? Well, he will play football in Cleveland and earn 230 million dollars over the next 5 years whether he plays or not. The Brown's better hope he plays and doesn't get hurt.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-08-2022, 03:26 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 09:56 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: All of these allegations were false. The Texans knew he was going to leave, so they wanted to ruin his career because he wouldn't play by their rules. They had some wishy washy semi-evidence against him and completely blew it out of proportion. Probably paid all of the accusers. I don't believe their stories for a second.

It's he said she said...

A young, good looking man with millions and millions of dollars and you think he has trouble getting women to the point of trying to... pay or hook up with massage parlour women?

Seems weird to me if i'm being honest with you.

(04-21-2022, 03:34 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 03:26 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's he said she said...

A young, good looking man with millions and millions of dollars and you think he has trouble getting women to the point of trying to... pay or hook up with massage parlour women?

when you are young, good looking and loaded a whole heap of crazy gravitates toward you. Might be easier to outsource some contract labor where there are no considerations beyond the business arrangement. Nobody said he had trouble. Many athletes have acknowledged that clubs and nightlife are a problem because of all the people trying to latch on to that guys wallet, popularity, etc.

Not advocating for that strategy, but think about how much more loaded a guy like Bob Kraft is and he resorted to the same...tell me he couldn't find his own gold-digger on the side if he really wanted to go that route.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 09:50 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

This feels like a middle school kid's way of thinking.

People are [BLEEP] weird. Money means nothing. Billionaires have raped. Millionaires have definitely raped. It means nothing.

It's about power, my man, not the actual sex. He could go to any club and throw hundreds around and dumb women would flock - he doesn't want that. He wants the satisfaction of their surprise and hurt or whatever [BLEEP] reaction they have.

This just tells me you don't have much actual life experience - no offense meant - it's good you haven't met [BLEEP] up people.

(04-21-2022, 09:49 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 03:34 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: A young, good looking man with millions and millions of dollars and you think he has trouble getting women to the point of trying to... pay or hook up with massage parlour women?

People are [BLEEP] weird. Money means nothing. Billionaires have raped. Millionaires have definitely raped. It means nothing.

It's about power, my man, not the actual sex. He could go to any club and throw hundreds around and dumb women would flock - he doesn't want that. He wants the satisfaction of their surprise and hurt or whatever [BLEEP] reaction they have.

This just tells me you don't have much actual life experience - no offense meant - it's good you haven't met [BLEEP] up people.

Sometimes old habits/addictions die hard.

(04-21-2022, 09:49 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 03:34 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: A young, good looking man with millions and millions of dollars and you think he has trouble getting women to the point of trying to... pay or hook up with massage parlour women?

Unfortunately, you're totally correct.  People do what Watson did (I have zero doubt) to feel powerful.

So you don't think Darren Shapper and Winslow Jr should be in prison and are innocent just because they have money?

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2022, 09:39 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Watson now facing a civil lawsuit by a 24th woman. Did Cleveland pull a 'Brownie' by signing him? And how are they going to handle a disgruntled Mayfield? Wish we played them in the reg season, might be a winnable game.

The allegations are getting uglier.

The browns will have an uphill battle salvaging this deal.
And salvaging their brand/rep

The plot-and litigation-thickens.

The Texans have been added as defendants to the lawsuits

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-lawsuits/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I would love to see Watson suspended after the Turds guaranteed all that money...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-09-2022, 07:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I would love to see Watson suspended after the Turds guaranteed all that money...
And then have to crawl back and beg Baker haha

(06-09-2022, 07:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 07:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I would love to see Watson suspended after the Turds guaranteed all that money...
And then have to crawl back and beg Baker haha

nah, they'll just start the next cycle of annual QB carousels. Bakey will be on his way to anywhere else, USA long before this is resolved.

The worst part? the fans were finally getting behind the team again, then they pulled this idiotic move. Every Browns fan I know wants to see this deal bite the owner in the backside.

@I wonder if Watson has any contacts that can help with that@

I'm a little mixed.  On the one hand, it would be funny to see the Browns get screwed.  On the other hand, a division rival, the Texans, would benefit from the good draft position of the picks that they got from the Browns.