Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s next for Watson?

It would be funny if one of the fantasy football services just removes him from their system as a punishment.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2022, 09:16 PM by p_rushing.)

(08-02-2022, 11:46 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 07:33 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I was expecting her to screw up this ruling. You have a former contract law judge who really has no business being in her current role.

I guess she doesn't think the threat of violence is enough to be counted as being violent. I would have thought that he would have gotten a minimum of 2 games per woman.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Damn…. so 50 games?
I would have offered credit for timed served if he paid the money back.

Minimum should have been 1 year.

Also I think there were only about 20 women that had any type of credibility. So was thinking 40 games so would be back next year end of Oct.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2022, 02:04 AM by JagsorDie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-02-2022, 09:16 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 11:46 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Damn…. so 50 games?
I would have offered credit for timed served if he paid the money back.

Minimum should have been 1 year.

Also I think there were only about 20 women that had any type of credibility. So was thinking 40 games so would be back next year end of Oct.

I agree with all of this. To me, this isn’t something where there should be a middle ground or a grey area. PEDs or sports betting, [BLEEP] it I could see areas where there is room for debate on those subjects. But with this many allegations for something involving sexual misconduct, this isn’t a good look for the NFL. 

Either they think he did something wrong to these women or not. If they think he did, he should get as harsh a punishment as what you outlined. Or they do not believe these women and think he did nothing wrong and there for he should get no punishment… 

What they are doing is [BLEEP]. They have blackballed people from the league for far less.

Still don't understand what he did wrong.

(08-02-2022, 10:19 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Still don't understand what he did wrong.

He exposed himself to 20+ massage therapists and attempted to coerce them to perform sexual acts when many of them were simply there to perform standard therapy 100% unrelated to sexual acts 

How the [BLEEP] is that just OK?

(08-02-2022, 10:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 10:19 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Still don't understand what he did wrong.

He exposed himself to 20+ massage therapists and attempted to coerce them to perform sexual acts when many of them were simply there to perform standard therapy 100% unrelated to sexual acts 

And the manner in which he arranged to meet them and set up the encounters suggested intention that the judge agreed with. One could even argue the method he would use to contact them, the locations he would try to have them, the NDA's etc, also suggest pre-mediation and understanding that what he was doing was at unethically and he was trying to not get caught.  

Because if you are professional athlete and your health is paramount to making millions of dollars why wouldn't you want to have actual massages by accredited masseuses in reputable establishments to make sure you don't get injured. For reference, Carlos Correa (SS for Astros, now Twins) claims to have had his ribs broken by a bad massage.

(08-02-2022, 11:28 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 10:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He exposed himself to 20+ massage therapists and attempted to coerce them to perform sexual acts when many of them were simply there to perform standard therapy 100% unrelated to sexual acts 

And the manner in which he arranged to meet them and set up the encounters suggested intention that the judge agreed with. One could even argue the method he would use to contact them, the locations he would try to have them, the NDA's etc, also suggest pre-mediation and understanding that what he was doing was at unethically and he was trying to not get caught.  

Because if you are professional athlete and your health is paramount to making millions of dollars why wouldn't you want to have actual massages by accredited masseuses in reputable establishments to make sure you don't get injured. For reference, Carlos Correa (SS for Astros, now Twins) claims to have had his ribs broken by a bad massage.

The ones that had actual staffed locations or rights to use local store fronts were actually doing this as a career. Then there are the idiots who had to know he wanted more.

He ran out of licensed women in Houston so he started recruiting off Instagram to find women who wanted to start a career giving massages. If you are being paid to travel from Atlanta or other cities in Texas to give a NFL star QB a massage when he gets as many of those for free from the team doctors, you have to know why. I'm sure they thought they would handle it but it's obvious what's going to happen.

Now still that doesn't mean he had the right to do it. I'm guessing the actual number is higher but the Instagram women don't want to risk their income from the pictures they post and I'm sure they had to know it wasn't going to be just a massage. He also obviously had to have some women already providing this service for him. Unless he just wanted the rejection, he had to get satisfaction previously to do it over and over.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

...because I needs him on my fantasy roster to beat the guy in the cubicle across the row

@@

NFL appealing it, they want at least 1 year and fines

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2022, 06:36 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

He might not play this season. When the nfl wants to take you out, it doesn't miss. By the way, why would one do what he appears to have done, and if he did how does he escape legal problems? All of this is just a bit weird.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 12:14 AM by p_rushing.)

(08-07-2022, 05:09 AM)Jag88 Wrote: He might not play this season. When the nfl wants to take you out, it doesn't miss. By the way, why would one do what he appears to have done, and if he did how does he escape legal problems? All of this is just a bit weird.
There's no way to file charges because nothing was documented and reported at the time it happened. No DA takes that case to trial because they can't prove it happened.

Without any actual evidence, you have a weak case that is probably true but you can't say without a doubt he did everything that they say he did.

You could win a civil case with all the women telling what he did and texts, etc but criminal charges after the fact is really hard.

(08-08-2022, 12:13 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-07-2022, 05:09 AM)Jag88 Wrote: He might not play this season. When the nfl wants to take you out, it doesn't miss. By the way, why would one do what he appears to have done, and if he did how does he escape legal problems? All of this is just a bit weird.
There's no way to file charges because nothing was documented and reported at the time it happened. No DA takes that case to trial because they can't prove it happened.

Without any actual evidence, you have a weak case that is probably true but you can't say without a doubt he did everything that they say he did.

You could win a civil case with all the women telling what he did and texts, etc but criminal charges after the fact is really hard.

Ok. I see

(08-08-2022, 12:13 AM)p_rushing Wrote:

I feel like this is going to be made into a 30 for 30 or outside the lines in a few years and it is not going to look good

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 12:42 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

What a crazy situation all around. Will the browns still be in contention by week 13? Will they trade for a qb? Will Watson play well when he comes back? So many questions.

(08-18-2022, 12:22 PM)Jag88 Wrote: What a crazy situation all around. Will the browns still be in contention by week 13? Will they trade for a qb? Will Watson play well when he comes back? So many questions.

if he plays like he did Friday, he's in trouble. Well, the Browns are in trouble, I should say.

(08-18-2022, 01:57 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 12:22 PM)Jag88 Wrote: What a crazy situation all around. Will the browns still be in contention by week 13? Will they trade for a qb? Will Watson play well when he comes back? So many questions.

if he plays like he did Friday, he's in trouble. Well, the Browns are in trouble, I should say.. 

The Jag's defense harassed him

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 02:44 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

11 games seems even more arbitrary than 6. I'm guessing a lot of this is the league and the players union not wanting to set a precedent where any player involved in any sort of sexual abuse/harassment issue in the future is banned for an entire season. They wanted to be punitive but not totally bring the hammer down.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-18-2022, 02:43 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: 11 games seems even more arbitrary than 6.  I'm guessing a lot of this is the league and the players union not wanting to set a precedent where any player involved in any sort of sexual abuse/harassment issue in the future is banned for an entire season.  They wanted to be punitive but not totally bring the hammer down.

If he plays 6 games, he accrues a full season.

Quote:A player has earned an accrued season if he has recorded at least six regular-season games on a team’s roster on full pay status. This means having an active spot on the roster or being on injured reserve or the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. Players on a team’s practice squad or appearing on the Non-Football Related Injury (NFI) or Commissioner’s Exempt lists do not record accrued games or seasons.

I don't think it impacts contract (outside of game checks forfeited while suspended), but when he retires he will get credit for this as a full season toward any benefits. Probably not a big deal when you are making $46M guaranteed for the next 4 seasons. I'm not well versed enough to know if the Browns could have tinkered with the cap/hit if he didn't play an accrued season (like, would he not be counted in the top 51 for cap purposes? Could they push some of this year's hit into future years? stuff like that)

I believe it also factors into minimum pay, should he ever be in a position where he signs a contract for vet minimum. The pay grades are graduated by years of accrued seasons. Petty stuff in the long run, but he can also be happy that the NFL didn't get their way.

Here's the stickler - if the Browns are already out of contention, do you bother playing him when he's eligible? I might not. Oh yeah. the week he comes eligible? Game against the tinhorns. Wink

(08-18-2022, 04:56 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 02:43 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: 11 games seems even more arbitrary than 6.  I'm guessing a lot of this is the league and the players union not wanting to set a precedent where any player involved in any sort of sexual abuse/harassment issue in the future is banned for an entire season.  They wanted to be punitive but not totally bring the hammer down.

If he plays 6 games, he accrues a full season.

Quote:A player has earned an accrued season if he has recorded at least six regular-season games on a team’s roster on full pay status. This means having an active spot on the roster or being on injured reserve or the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. Players on a team’s practice squad or appearing on the Non-Football Related Injury (NFI) or Commissioner’s Exempt lists do not record accrued games or seasons.

I don't think it impacts contract (outside of game checks forfeited while suspended), but when he retires he will get credit for this as a full season toward any benefits. Probably not a big deal when you are making $46M guaranteed for the next 4 seasons. I'm not well versed enough to know if the Browns could have tinkered with the cap/hit if he didn't play an accrued season (like, would he not be counted in the top 51 for cap purposes? Could they push some of this year's hit into future years? stuff like that)

I believe it also factors into minimum pay, should he ever be in a position where he signs a contract for vet minimum. The pay grades are graduated by years of accrued seasons. Petty stuff in the long run, but he can also be happy that the NFL didn't get their way.

Here's the stickler - if the Browns are already out of contention, do you bother playing him when he's eligible? I might not. Oh yeah. the week he comes eligible? Game against the tinhorns. Wink
His contract would have basically reset to year 1, so for him it was great to keep it at 11 games. He also loses no money on game checks as his salary is around $1 million. He got out of it in great shape.