Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you feel about the Baalke hire?
#becausejagurs
93% approval
Corn
Blank #2
Leftwich>Garrard
Bortles!
It hurts mama!
Superbowl
Going for #1 overall 3 years in a row
Urban Meyer just had 'health issues' and quit
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Official Baalke Confirmed as GM (merged)

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2021, 10:14 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ke-as-g-m/

Get your complaints out here. As suspected Baalke and Meyer become the combo. Whose headed to the Modis?

I personally am not too worried about it. But others have expressed that Baalke really hurt the 9ers rather than being the mind behind the buildup.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Another meh hire IMO. Same as the coach.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Dang it, just realized I forgot sprinkles and heading to the Modis building as poll options.

I don't think Baalke can screw up picking Trevor, but the rest we will just have to wait and see.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I like all of this

San Francisco went 51-44-1 during Baalke’s time as G.M., with three consecutive NFC title game appearances and a Super Bowl appearance.

In 2011, Baalke earned NFL executive of the year, as selected by Pro Football Weekly and the Pro Football Writers of America, after helping transform a 6-10 team into a 13-3 team in his first season as G.M.

The 49ers produced 24 All-Pro selections and 35 Pro Bowl nods during Baalke’s time.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-19-2021, 10:22 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I like all of this

San Francisco went 51-44-1 during Baalke’s time as G.M., with three consecutive NFC title game appearances and a Super Bowl appearance.

In 2011, Baalke earned NFL executive of the year, as selected by Pro Football Weekly and the Pro Football Writers of America, after helping transform a 6-10 team into a 13-3 team in his first season as G.M.

The 49ers produced 24 All-Pro selections and 35 Pro Bowl nods during Baalke’s time.

That wasn't Baalke. He only ruined the 49ers.

I do like that, and I hope we have similar success as well. I do see the comments on the article tho about drafting players with torn ACL's and running Harbaugh off. I am guessing he won't have the power to run Urban off this time. Not that he will need to, seeing as Meyer is likely to quit within 3-5 years anyway.

(01-19-2021, 10:11 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ke-as-g-m/

Get your complaints out here. As suspected Baalke and Meyer become the combo. Whose headed to the Modis?

I personally am not too worried about it. But others have expressed that Baalke really hurt the 9ers rather than being the mind behind the buildup.

[Image: jets11.gif]

[Image: PPwx.gif]
[Image: 0*pzTKpSFijHqptecJ.gif]
[Image: OrnateNextComet-max-1mb.gif]

[Image: tenor.gif]

Uh, Scot McCloughan is the reason that team did what it did. Baalke was terrible at drafting.

I guess elite starts from Urbs down huh?

Looking at his drafts has me pretty nervous...

Other than Lawrence, this offseason has been a disappointment for me so far.

From BCC:

The connection between Baalke and Meyer dates back to Meyer’s time at Utah when he coached former 49ers quarterback Alex Smith. At the time of Smith’s selection, Baalke was the team’s western regional scout. The relationship between Meyer and Baalke will be important moving forward.
It has long been thought that Meyer would take on more responsibilities than that of a typical NFL head coach, making personnel decisions, and handpicking his own GM to help guide him through his first year at the professional level.

According to CBS Sports reporter, Jonathan Jones Meyer didn’t want to “bite more than he can chew” during year one, allowing Baalke to introduce him to the NFL before making a final decision after year one.

Should we gather Baalke is still the interim GM for another year?

Let me understand this. The Jaguars are 1-15 and they decide to promote from within!?!?!!!

(01-19-2021, 11:21 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Let me understand this.  The Jaguars are 1-15 and they decide to promote from within!?!?!!!

To be fair he was the Director of Player Personnel for less than a year.

To the article commenter who said, "And the dysfunction continues....." Dysfunction is our modus operandi. Lol.

I actually FEEL blank#2

And this comes to the surprise of absolutely NO ONE! It just further proves that Shad Khan has ABSOLUTELY no idea how to successfully run an NFL franchise. Enjoy the Lawrence pick, because I'm expecting that to be the only impactful selection we make in the draft with these clowns running the show. I guess I'll just have to come to terms that the Jags are gonna continue to be bad for a very, very long time.

Not a surprise, just confirms my suspicion of Khan wanting FULL control of players. He said himself he had FULL CONTROL this past season. NOT CALDWELL... NOT BAALKE. So he REHIRED THE GUY... WHEN he was in FULL CONTROL... This was clear as day to me after his [BLEEP] interview. This is what it is. It’s Con and Urban. Baalke is to help with contracts.

Welp what do you think? Makes me feel like Urban is actually the gm here now.

I think hes just there for the paperwork and contracts. Someine Urban must trust. Like the gm in sea or KC. The HC there call the shots the GM just handle the day to day transactions

Khan
Meyer

Baalke
[Image: SaKG4.gif]