Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you feel about the Baalke hire?
#becausejagurs
93% approval
Corn
Blank #2
Leftwich>Garrard
Bortles!
It hurts mama!
Superbowl
Going for #1 overall 3 years in a row
Urban Meyer just had 'health issues' and quit
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Official Baalke Confirmed as GM (merged)

(01-20-2021, 12:59 AM)icey14 Wrote: I think hes just there for the paperwork and contracts. Someine Urban must trust. Like the gm in sea or KC.  The HC there call the shots the GM just handle the day to day transactions

Thats what im thinking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lmao. BIG SURPRISE.

This trainwreck only barely.left the station folks. Khan proves he sucks yet again.

He's essentially Urban's puppet, he'll handle the day to day and administrative aspect and i'm sure he'll weigh in as far as scouting goes. When Khan said that we're switching to a "HC Centric Team" I kind of assumed we'd have a figurehead GM, wish we went with a clean sweep but i'm not entirely against it.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Ahhh. We're gonna miss mediocrity when we're forever in the cellar.

Sorry, Trevor. Half your career is about to be [BLEEP] up.

This team is a mess. We have the most coveted GM and HC openings in the league and instead promote Baalke and hire a college HC who quits on programs and has scandal follow him everywhere.

Could've had Saleh.

This team is gonna be the equivalent of the Indianapolis Colts when they were under Ryan Grigson's leadership.

At least it's not Ray Farmer.

(01-20-2021, 01:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This team is gonna be the equivalent of the Indianapolis Colts when they were under Ryan Grigson's leadership.

I mean, the Colts did make the playoffs several years under grigson before he broke Luck, they even got that cool AFC finalist banner. Tongue

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Yea where following a coach centric model now which is fine let’s try something different.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Leftwich over Garrard? Dem fighting words

(01-19-2021, 11:01 PM)surfon Wrote: I guess elite starts from Urbs down huh?

Why U think Balky is over Urbs?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Can we have ‘Heavy Sigh’ as an option on the next poll?

When Baalke was hired last season, I somehow had the feeling that he would eventually replace Caldwell. I like this move because we potentially can maintain the scouting reports, along/w the scouts. He'll probably make a change here and there but it's too late to revamp the department prior to the 2021 NFL Draft. Hopefully he and Meyer can reconnect.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Underwhelmed. He's clashed with some of his previous head coaches and while he has a rep for being a decent evaluator of defensive talent, on the offensive side of the ball, not so much.

Thinking/hoping Meyer will be responsible for actually making the picks and Baalke will run the scouting department and negotiate contracts.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 08:32 AM by The Real Marty.)

(01-19-2021, 11:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: From BCC:

The connection between Baalke and Meyer dates back to Meyer’s time at Utah when he coached former 49ers quarterback Alex Smith. At the time of Smith’s selection, Baalke was the team’s western regional scout. The relationship between Meyer and Baalke will be important moving forward.
It has long been thought that Meyer would take on more responsibilities than that of a typical NFL head coach, making personnel decisions, and handpicking his own GM to help guide him through his first year at the professional level.

According to CBS Sports reporter, Jonathan Jones Meyer didn’t want to “bite more than he can chew” during year one, allowing Baalke to introduce him to the NFL before making a final decision after year one.

Should we gather Baalke is still the interim GM for another year?

That's a distinct possibility in my opinion.

(01-20-2021, 08:17 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Underwhelmed. He's clashed with some of his previous head coaches and while he has a rep for being a decent evaluator of defensive talent, on the offensive side of the ball, not so much.

Thinking/hoping Meyer will be responsible for actually making the picks and Baalke will run the scouting department and negotiate contracts.

If he clashes with Urban Meyer, he'll be gone.

People like to talk about how he chose Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rogers, but in all fairness, there was a strong debate before the draft about whether Smith or Rodgers should be the first choice, and Rodgers slid all the way to pick #23, so 21 other teams also missed on Aaron Rodgers.

One thing in his favor is that he has a leg up on all the other candidates in terms of evaluating the talent currently on the roster.

He does have a leg up on all the other candidates when it comes to evaluating the roster, since he has been here for a year already. That'll give UM a big head start on roster evaluation.

This new elite staff is incredible....

(01-20-2021, 07:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Can we have ‘Heavy Sigh’ as an option on the next poll?

I was looking for "welp."

^-- my exact reaction when the alert popped up on the phone

Maybe we take bets on which happens first, Urbz gets a recurrence of the coaching esophagus or Baalke gets fireded

(01-20-2021, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Welp what do you think? Makes me feel like Urban is actually the gm here now.

You coulda just stopped after the first word.

This is a wet fart of a hire. I hope the prevailing opinions around here are wrong, and that we somehow end up doing well, however I can't help but feel we just wasted a whole lot of precious opportunity.

They should have consulted with Trevor first
Here we go again

I'd say we need another topic about Baalke being the GM
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23