Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rivers Retires

There’s just no barometer for what it takes to get into the HOF.

Aikman threw for 20 TDs once in a season but was a part of 3 SBs. I’m sure Rivers could have won 3 SBs with those teams.

Namath has more interceptions than TDs and yet he’s in the HOF? If Rivers ends up on the Steelers or Giants, does he win a SB and then he gets in?

It all just seems extremely vague with what it takes to get in.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Frank gore didn't rush for 2k yards. Dude was boring to watch. Fred taylor should go in the hof before him.

Phillip Rivers might be the best Quarterback of his time to not appear in a superbowl. He certainly made life for the Jaguars miserable.

I don't think he's a hof candidate due to all the successful QBs he played against (Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning)

Here is an impressive stat about him: He is tied for third most consecutive NFL starts of any player: 240 starts, wow!

Dude's going to unretire in 3 months, after he's been home with his 9 kids full-time.

Joking aside, he had few great playoff wins over Manning when the Colts were at the top of their game. May have prevented the Colts from winning 3 SBs instead of 1.

Being the fiery competitor that he is, it's pretty amazing nobody has ever heard of 1 bad thing in her personal life. Great Family & Christian Person

(01-20-2021, 08:32 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: The bars been set pretty low when they allowed Curtis Martin and his pathetic 4.0 average into the HOF.  Like Romo, popular guy from a big market but doesn't deserve to be in the Hall.

Should Frank Gore and his 16000 yards get into the Hall?

Based on precedent before. Yeah he should, hes got to be close to all time rushing yards leader, in an era that doesn’t run the ball as much. I agree Gore wasn’t as special as Fred Taylor as a runner, but availability is something.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Rivers > Romo >>>>>> Eli. If/when Eli gets in and they don't it will delegitimize the HoF even more than it already is.

(01-21-2021, 02:06 PM)Upper Wrote: Rivers > Romo >>>>>> Eli. If/when Eli gets in and they don't it will delegitimize the HoF even more than it already is.

So Manning who is in the top ten in passing yards, top ten in passing TDs...oh...and has those 2 pesky Super Bowl championships somehow 'deligitimzes' the HoF if Romo and Rivers don't get in.  Good one.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 03:18 PM by Upper.)

(01-21-2021, 03:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 02:06 PM)Upper Wrote: Rivers > Romo >>>>>> Eli. If/when Eli gets in and they don't it will delegitimize the HoF even more than it already is.

So Manning who is in the top ten in passing yards, top ten in passing TDs...oh...and has those 2 pesky Super Bowl championships somehow 'deligitimzes' the HoF if Romo and Rivers don't get in.  Good one.

I do not care about overall stats, but I know shallow HoF voters (and shallow message board posters for that matter) do. Eli's rate stats pale in comparison. He wasn't even close to as good as them.

(01-21-2021, 03:18 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 03:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So Manning who is in the top ten in passing yards, top ten in passing TDs...oh...and has those 2 pesky Super Bowl championships somehow 'deligitimzes' the HoF if Romo and Rivers don't get in.  Good one.

I do not care about overall stats, but I know shallow HoF voters (and shallow message board posters for that matter) do. Eli's rate stats pale in comparison. He wasn't even close to as good as them.

Ooooooo, you are so superior to us mere mortals.

What a butthead.

(01-21-2021, 03:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 03:18 PM)Upper Wrote: I do not care about overall stats, but I know shallow HoF voters (and shallow message board posters for that matter) do. Eli's rate stats pale in comparison. He wasn't even close to as good as them.

Ooooooo, you are so superior to us mere mortals.

What a butthead.

It's not localized to just football don't worry. There are hoards who think the best way to judge the baseball HoFers is batting average and RBI.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 04:39 PM by RicoTx.)

(01-21-2021, 04:06 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 03:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Ooooooo, you are so superior to us mere mortals.

What a butthead.

It's not localized to just football don't worry. There are hoards who think the best way to judge the baseball HoFers is batting average and RBI.
You mean Championships should play into as well as lack of?   A bunch of empty regular season stats should be looked at instead?

So stats are only important if they support your point of view.  I get it.

(01-21-2021, 04:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 04:06 PM)Upper Wrote: It's not localized to just football don't worry. There are hoards who think the best way to judge the baseball HoFers is batting average and RBI.
You mean Championships should play into as well as lack of?   A bunch of empty regular season stats should be looked at instead?

Lack of a super bowl is not a disqualifier to me. The playoffs have too many coinflip type variables. Too many obvious greats don't have rings. As long as the QB was largely a winning QB that's good enough.

Rivers a stat machine but choked in the playoffs.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2021, 08:21 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-22-2021, 03:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Rivers a stat machine but choked in the playoffs.

...and Romo as well.

(01-21-2021, 09:20 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 04:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote: You mean Championships should play into as well as lack of?   A bunch of empty regular season stats should be looked at instead?

Lack of a super bowl is not a disqualifier to me. The playoffs have too many coinflip type variables. Too many obvious greats don't have rings. As long as the QB was largely a winning QB that's good enough.

A disquallifier no, but it should be a nice plus for one's that have them and stepped their game up in the playoffs.  I dont see how you just ignore the postseason when that is what matters the most

(01-20-2021, 08:32 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: The bars been set pretty low when they allowed Curtis Martin and his pathetic 4.0 average into the HOF.  Like Romo, popular guy from a big market but doesn't deserve to be in the Hall.

In all fairness its the hall of “Fame” not the hall of good players lol

(01-23-2021, 03:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

In all fairness its the hall of “Fame” not the hall of good players lol

His efforts to get the Jaguars the #1 overall pick in the next draft puts him in my hall of fame.

(01-21-2021, 03:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

....that and he holds the record for the most consecutive starts, right?
voters tend to favor the longevity, and the guys who get it done in the postseason.

(01-25-2021, 10:01 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 03:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So Manning who is in the top ten in passing yards, top ten in passing TDs...oh...and has those 2 pesky Super Bowl championships somehow 'deligitimzes' the HoF if Romo and Rivers don't get in.  Good one.

....that and he holds the record for the most consecutive starts, right?
voters tend to favor the longevity, and the guys who get it done in the postseason.

Eli had 222 consecutive starts. Rivers had 252, and Favre has the most with 321.