Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agent wish list

I didn't see this thread yet. Who is on your FA wish list? (Not counting Jags potential FA departures like Cole, Smoot, Jones)

Mine are:

Hunter Henry or Zach Ertz if released
ARob
Trent Williams (if we don't address LT some other way)
Marcus Williams
Leonard Williams

Apparently it's the year of Williams.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Get all dem Williams’s

A switch to 34 and bring in Leonard Williams.

S Justin Simmons
LT Alejandro Villanueva
TE Trey Burton
CB Mike Hilton

I just want A-Rob back, don’t really care who else we get as long as key positions are sorted like LT.

Seems like there are 3 maybe 4 viable safeties on most of the "best available free agents" lists floating around.

Get me one of those, a tackle, and a TE.

I'd probably look to the draft for other needs.

Oline ane Dline

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-20-2021, 05:28 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: S Justin Simmons
LT Alejandro Villanueva
TE Trey Burton
CB Mike Hilton

Oh god, no!

I'd rather have Jonnu Smith at TE instead of Ertz or Henry.

Realistically, I know we all want Trent Williams, but I believe the Niners franchise him. That leaves basically nothing worth going after in free agency, as far as the LT position.

I focus on TE. I also think Hunter Henry is gonna get franchised as well, so I focus heavily on Jonnu Smith. I believe he would be a perfect "safety blanket" for Lawrence.

I'd love to go after Leonard Williams either as a 3-4 DE or as a 4-3 3 technique. He might get franchised, we'll just have to wait and see. I'd also go all in on Trey Hendrickson, but I don't see any way the Saints let him go. He will almost certainly be franchised.

Safety is most certainly the area we have to fix in free agency. We have terrible Safeties. I sign a starter in free agency and hopefully, we draft another starter. There are several guys we could target. Justin Simmons is my choice, but we could target Anthony Harris, Jalen Mills, Marcus Maye or Marcus Williams. Any one of these guys would be a HUGE upgrade over the guys we have.

I'd love to add a veteran FA CB to start opposite Henderson. I don't know if Patrick Peterson makes it to free agency, but if he does I drive up in a brinks truck. I'd like to re-sign Sidney Jones as well. He is a good cover guy when healthy, but he is always hurt and can't be relied on, so he'd have to take a modest deal. I'm also intrigued by younger players like Kevin King and Desmond King. Neither of them should cost that much and have some upside.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 07:53 PM by HolsterHusto.)

(01-20-2021, 07:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Realistically, I know we all want Trent Williams, but I believe the Niners franchise him. That leaves basically nothing worth going after in free agency, as far as the LT position.

I focus on TE. I also think Hunter Henry is gonna get franchised as well, so I focus heavily on Jonnu Smith. I believe he would be a perfect "safety blanket" for Lawrence.

I'd love to go after Leonard Williams either as a 3-4 DE or as a 4-3 3 technique. He might get franchised, we'll just have to wait and see. I'd also go all in on Trey Hendrickson, but I don't see any way the Saints let him go. He will almost certainly be franchised.

Safety is most certainly the area we have to fix in free agency. We have terrible Safeties. I sign a starter in free agency and hopefully, we draft another starter. There are several guys we could target. Justin Simmons is my choice, but we could target Anthony Harris, Jalen Mills, Marcus Maye or Marcus Williams. Any one of these guys would be a HUGE upgrade over the guys we have.

I'd love to add a veteran FA CB to start opposite Henderson. I don't know if Patrick Peterson makes it to free agency, but if he does I drive up in a brinks truck. I'd like to re-sign Sidney Jones as well. He is a good cover guy when healthy, but he is always hurt and can't be relied on, so he'd have to take a modest deal. I'm also intrigued by younger players like Kevin King and Desmond King. Neither of them should cost that much and have some upside.

With what money? The Saints are 100M in the hole. I’d gladly take Hendrickson and Marcus Williams from the Saints since they won’t be able to afford either.

I’ve read that New Orleans might not even be able to keep Ryan Ramczyk long term. I’d seriously consider offering a high draft pick to them for Ramczyk and move him back to LT.

(01-20-2021, 07:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Realistically, I know we all want Trent Williams, but I believe the Niners franchise him. That leaves basically nothing worth going after in free agency, as far as the LT position.

Trent Williams can't be franchised by the 49ers..
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 08:03 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-20-2021, 07:50 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:

With what money? The Saints are 100M in the hole. I’d gladly take Hendrickson and Marcus Williams from the Saints since they won’t be able to afford either.

I’ve read that New Orleans might not even be able to keep Ryan Ramczyk long term. I’d seriously consider offering a high draft pick to them for Ramczyk and move him back to LT.

I would easily give up a first and a 3rd round pick, if that's what it took to get Ramczyk. I wanted to draft him instead Leonard Fournette. People said I was stupid, because he could have been had much later in the draft, but just look at him. He's an All-Pro OT. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

(01-20-2021, 07:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Trent Williams can't be franchised by the 49ers..

I didn't know that. I did read where the Niners are scrambling to try and get him re-signed before free agency and he apparently wants to stay in San Francisco.

quinton nelson

Sign Cam Robinson so we don't draft a just another avg o lineman with the 2nd 1st rounder, instead draft a explosive receiver.

Yeah part of the Trent Williams trade was that he couldn't be franchised by them. I agree the Niners will give him a giant contract (at least by AAV), we just need to offer a gianter one. If we can't get Williams then Okung would suffice. I also like a lot of the tackles in the draft though so it's not critical to get an OT in FA.

Safety and tight end would be the top two positions to target, based both on need and the amount that will hit FA. Josh Johnson III might be my favorite FS, he is so good. Any of Jonnu, Henry, and Everett would make me happy at TE. Mo Alie-Cox has also splashed enough that I think he deserves a bigger role.

I do not trust Leonard Williams at the price he is going to command. This years sack total screams contract year fluke. I do not want to pay 20M AAV for a very good run stopper and meh pass rusher.

(01-20-2021, 09:43 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah part of the Trent Williams trade was that he couldn't be franchised by them. I agree the Niners will give him a giant contract (at least by AAV), we just need to offer a gianter one. If we can't get Williams then Okung would suffice. I also like a lot of the tackles in the draft though so it's not critical to get an OT in FA.

Safety and tight end would be the top two positions to target, based both on need and the amount that will hit FA. Josh Johnson III might be my favorite FS, he is so good. Any of Jonnu, Henry, and Everett would make me happy at TE. Mo Alie-Cox has also splashed enough that I think he deserves a bigger role.

I do not trust Leonard Williams at the price he is going to command. This years sack total screams contract year fluke. I do not want to pay 20M AAV for a very good run stopper and meh pass rusher.

Williams will be 33 next season. You'll have to pay him big money in FA and what are the odds he can continue to play at that high level until he's 36/37.

There's this also.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status...2270985221

(01-20-2021, 10:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Williams will be 33 next season. You'll have to pay him big money in FA and what are the odds he can continue to play at that high level until he's 36/37.

There's this also.

Elite OT are usually good when they're older. I wouldn't have any qualms giving Williams 4/90 or so. Twist my arm and I'd probably go 4/100 even, he's that good and would help Lawrence that much...and we obviously have the cap space.

But if we try everything and still don't get him, I am fine with getting an OT from the draft. I would actually be just fine getting two. Lawrence at 1, Eichenberg/Cosmi/etc at 25, and Mayfield/Jenkins at 33 would be awfully solid.

(01-20-2021, 10:24 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 10:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Williams will be 33 next season. You'll have to pay him big money in FA and what are the odds he can continue to play at that high level until he's 36/37.

There's this also.

Elite OT are usually good when they're older. I wouldn't have any qualms giving Williams 4/90 or so. Twist my arm and I'd probably go 4/100 even, he's that good and would help Lawrence that much...and we obviously have the cap space.

But if we try everything and still don't get him, I am fine with getting an OT from the draft. I would actually be just fine getting two. Lawrence at 1, Eichenberg/Cosmi/etc at 25, and Mayfield/Jenkins at 33 would be awfully solid.

Who is on this list of "usually good". I couldn't really think of many off the top of my head that were still playing at really high levels that late into their careers. Whitworth and Peters are really the only ones that instantly came to mind and they're outliers, not the norm.

I came across this article, it's a few years old now, but pretty much answered some of my question/thoughts. Typically they start their decline between 31-33 years old. - https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/2/27...ackles-nfl

Now I'm not saying Williams is just going to fall of a cliff, he could continue to buck the trend and play at a really high level for another 4 years. I'm just saying that his age can't be overlooked and is a cause of concern, considering the amount of money they'd have to pay him in FA.

(01-20-2021, 05:28 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: S Justin Simmons
LT Alejandro Villanueva
TE Trey Burton
CB Mike Hilton

Please not Burton. I've seen and heard enough about his weak play in Chicago.