Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agent wish list

AR-15 returning would legitimately excite me more than the 1st pick.. idk why, just love how he plays.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2021, 01:11 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Cam is just fine at LT. Drew Brees, Brady, Rithlisberger, Rivers, Marino, The Mannings, and many other great QBs didn’t have high priced FA’s at LT.

They weren’t looking every year to draft or buy a LT. Robinson rushed for 1070 in 14 games behind this same oline

Chark made a Pro Bowl behind this same oline. It’s a position we that’s filled with a quality starter and I would rather use our picks at other spots.

We spent a high draft pick on Joeckel and that turned out bad.

LOL first Lawrence has proven nothing in the NFL, he most likely won't be anywhere near Marino, Brees, Brady, Manning's level in his rookie season.
No one is saying draft/sign a LT every year
Cam is not a quality starter

Brees has Armstead 3 time Pro Bowler
Manning had Tarik Glenn 3 time Pro bowler
Big Ben has had Villanueva who is much better than Robinson
Marino had Richmond Webb 7 time Pro bowler
Rivers had Okung who made the pro bowl with the Chargers. He also had Dunlap who was better than Robinson. Marcus McNeill 2 time Pro bowler
Brady had Light 3 time Pro bowler and Solder who is solid

You are a joke
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I would like to trade for Saints OT Ryan Ramczyk. He is a 3 time All-Pro. He's only 27 years old too. The Saints are way over the cap and Ramczyk counts $11 million against it in 2021 with no dead money if they cut or trade him. He played LT at Wisconsin and was First Team Big Ten before getting drafted by the Saints and playing RT. I'd easily trade the #25 pick and a 3rd rounder for him and then sign him to a long deal. He would solidify at least one of the OT spots.

(01-26-2021, 04:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would like to  trade for Saints OT Ryan Ramczyk. He is a 3 time All-Pro. He's only 27 years old too. The Saints are way over the cap and Ramczyk counts $11 million against it in 2021 with no dead money if they cut or trade him. He played LT at Wisconsin and was First Team Big Ten before getting drafted by the Saints and playing RT. I'd easily trade the #25 pick and a 3rd rounder for him and then sign him to a long deal. He would solidify at least one of the OT spots.

I liked this idea too but now it sounds like Ramczyk is a priority for them to keep. Looks like they are going to cut like 8 players, potentially trade Lattimore, and then extend Ramczyk to get out of cap hell.

(01-26-2021, 06:29 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 04:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would like to  trade for Saints OT Ryan Ramczyk. He is a 3 time All-Pro. He's only 27 years old too. The Saints are way over the cap and Ramczyk counts $11 million against it in 2021 with no dead money if they cut or trade him. He played LT at Wisconsin and was First Team Big Ten before getting drafted by the Saints and playing RT. I'd easily trade the #25 pick and a 3rd rounder for him and then sign him to a long deal. He would solidify at least one of the OT spots.

I liked this idea too but now it sounds like Ramczyk is a priority for them to keep. Looks like they are going to cut like 8 players, potentially trade Lattimore, and then extend Ramczyk to get out of cap hell.

If I were them, I try to keep both of their OT's as well, but It's gonna be tough, as far as they are over the salary cap. I know if Drew Brees retires, that saves them something like $36 million, but the last I heard, they were like $91 million over the cap.

(01-26-2021, 11:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 06:29 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I liked this idea too but now it sounds like Ramczyk is a priority for them to keep. Looks like they are going to cut like 8 players, potentially trade Lattimore, and then extend Ramczyk to get out of cap hell.

If I were them, I try to keep both of their OT's as well, but It's gonna be tough, as far as they are over the salary cap. I know if Drew Brees retires, that saves them something like $36 million, but the last I heard, they were like $91 million over the cap.

Here’s a good article that shows how the Saints can get out of their cap hell.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspor...tures/amp/

They won’t have much money to sign any new players or their current players up for Free Agency.

Id see what it would take to get Armstead from NO

(01-26-2021, 06:29 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:

Sign me up for Lattimore. Depending on the trade price.

The Saints will figure it out without losing any of Lattimore, Armstead, or Ramczyk.

If the salary cap is what it is rumored to be at 180 million then there will be a glut of free agents due to cap issues by teams. Also, a lot of teams looking to trade these guys between now and the draft for some of our picks in the upcoming draft. I would be cautious before the draft as a spending spree is not needed. Many of the cost effective players will be held onto till the last moments and we have a lot of places that need an upgrade but are in a strong position to do so. The difference between acquiring an above average veteran and a drafted player could easily be as much as 30 million in cap space.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I don't think resigning Cam is the worst option in FA. I think he could make a pretty good Guard, if he doesn't win one of the Tackle spots. I would still make a run at a more established LT and look to invest an early (25 or 33) draft pick along the Offensive Line.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 03:06 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Robinson gave up 5 sacks last year which ranks 12th in the NFL. He excels in run blocking and we can probably keep him on a cheap contract.

Or we can pay 32 year old Trent Williams to come in and give up 3-5 sacks and be just as good in run blocking. Just give me Robinson, he’s 25 years old.

Bring A-Rob back home

Then sign a few defensive players without breaking the bank, and solidify the O-line.

I'd like to sign John Ross. He has battled injuries throughout his career but if he could stay healthy ge could be deadly as a deep threat and we could just use him for certain packages

(01-27-2021, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd like to sign John Ross.  He has battled injuries throughout his career but if he could stay healthy ge could be deadly as a deep threat and we could just use him for certain packages

As someone who lives in Cincinnati, I wouldn't waste my time on him. He is too thin and frail and is constantly getting injured. He just can't stay healthy at all. He can't be counted on.

(01-27-2021, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd like to sign John Ross.  He has battled injuries throughout his career but if he could stay healthy ge could be deadly as a deep threat and we could just use him for certain packages

One trick pony who can't even stay on the field. Dude has played like 20 games in 4 seasons. Would be an awful signing. 

I wouldn't care even if he ran a 3.5 40 yard dash. It doesn't do any good in street clothes, which is what he's wearing on most game days.

Id like to get Jannu Smith, Sheldon Rankins and one of these safeties in FA. Possibly even Rhodes.

The top free agents will get paid handsomely as always. However, with cap pressure for many teams due to the Covid season, the mid-tier free agents should be a bargain this offseason. Besides signing a couple high caliber players, I hope the team is able to upgrade a number of positions throughout the roster with these solid mid-tier guys.

Shaq Barrett should be firmly on our radar too.

(02-07-2021, 11:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Shaq Barrett should be firmly on our radar too.

He definitely secured his own bag after his Super Bowl performance tonight.