Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Cullen hired as Jags DC! Looks like a 3-4 defense incoming

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 05:19 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Baltimore ran the 3-4 and I have been saying for years this team is better suited for it.  I like this hire!

Better news! It looks like Todd Wash will be fired!

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/01...-their-dc/
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm happy with this hire. The Ravens have long had a culture of tough defenses. Love to see that brought here.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Chaisson is happy

https://twitter.com/S4CKGURU/status/1352...50920?s=19

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 05:23 PM by Jagwired.)

Again.....a big MEH. Seems dude might be a drunk.

Personal life
Cullen was fired shortly after his hire at the University of Mississippi after being charged with drunk and disorderly conduct after passing out in a local Subway.[3]
Cullen was arrested in 2006 for driving under the influence as the defensive line coach of the Detroit Lions. In another incident, also during the 2006 pre-season, he was arrested after he drove through a Wendy's drive-thru naked.[4] He was fined $20,000 and suspended for one game by the NFL for "conduct detrimental to the league" and sentenced by a judge to 10 days of community service and to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.[5]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

[Image: U5tIfp.gif]

(01-21-2021, 05:21 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Again.....a big MEH. Seems dude might be a drunk.

Personal life
Cullen was fired shortly after his hire at the University of Mississippi after being charged with drunk and disorderly conduct after passing out in a local Subway.[3]
Cullen was arrested in 2006 for driving under the influence as the defensive line coach of the Detroit Lions. In another incident, also during the 2006 pre-season, he was arrested after he drove through a Wendy's drive-thru naked.[4] He was fined $20,000 and suspended for one game by the NFL for "conduct detrimental to the league" and sentenced by a judge to 10 days of community service and to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.[5]

And no incidences since then?
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-21-2021, 05:21 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Again.....a big MEH. Seems dude might be a drunk.

Personal life

14 years ago is a long time. People change.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 05:34 PM by Jagwired.)

"Yes, Let me get a Daves double combo please."

" Sir, why are you naked and more importantly why do you have that baby turtle between your legs?"

(01-21-2021, 05:27 PM)Sibelius Wrote:

Personal life

And no incidences since then?
Hence the "might be" in my statement.

(01-21-2021, 05:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Personal life

As long as he has changed and was fine discussing it with the Meyer, then it shouldn't be a problem. If he is just hiding it and managing to function, not good because Meyer will just overlook it until someone else makes a choice for him.

(01-21-2021, 05:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 05:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: 14 years ago is a long time. People change.

As long as he has changed and was fine discussing it with the Meyer, then it shouldn't be a problem. If he is just hiding it and managing to function, not good because Meyer will just overlook it until someone else makes a choice for him.

Yeah, legality has never seemed to be an issue with the Urbs.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 05:43 PM by Jags.)

Sounds like a fun guy.  

I can see training camp

JC: “K’Lavon Clowney get ov hur! Hey man..Hey.  

Chaisson: sup coach?

JC:  hahah what’s up man? Hey, wait. Did you know they misspelled your name.

Eh, I used to drink 5th's of rum and smoke doobs every weekend for years.. We all grow up at some point..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Will the Offensive coordinator have any actual experience at the hired position? The head coach has none, the DC has none. I'm going to guess Nah.

heard the same stuff when we hired him last time. he has changed and was a really good DL coach i think this is a pretty good get

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 05:57 PM by CanDoBetter.)

(01-21-2021, 05:17 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Baltimore ran the 3-4 and I have been saying for years this team is better suited for it.  I like this hire!

Better news!  It looks like Todd Wash will be fired!

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/01...-their-dc/

Can you please explain the difference between the Baltimore 3-4 front and Todd Wash's 4-3 Under front?

(01-21-2021, 05:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Personal life

Some people dislike the idea of Bienemy for his old stuff too. 

Like others already commented this is unlikely to be a problem for Meyer.

Honesty who gives a [BLEEP] who it is... JUST THANK GOD WASH IS GONEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

(01-21-2021, 05:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Eh, I used to drink 5th's of rum and smoke doobs every weekend for years.. We all grow up at some point..

Doobs? How old are you, like 65?

(01-21-2021, 06:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 05:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Eh, I used to drink 5th's of rum and smoke doobs every weekend for years.. We all grow up at some point..

Doobs? How old are you, like 65?

The damn whippersnapper is smoking the wacky weed.

Personal life

Because of something that happened 15 years ago?  This is your assessment?

He's had a couple of high profile jobs in the NFL since then, including his most recent stint in Baltimore.  

They ranked #2 overall in 2020 for defense.  #3 in 2019.  #2 in 2018.  #6 in 2017.  They've been top 10 in both passing and rushing defense over the past 3 years consistently.  Cullen's guys love to play for him.  

I know some here are excited about running a 3-4 defense.  Let's pump the brakes until we see what personnel he's going to be working with.  My guess is that we're going to be a much improved unit regardless of the scheme we run just because I think he'll be a tad more aggressive.

But hey, what do I know?  He's a drunk, right?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We passed up Muschamp for a position coach??!