Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Cullen hired as Jags DC! Looks like a 3-4 defense incoming

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cullen would keep the same defense so it would have to mean that they fired Wink for personality reasons and not schematic reasons. Which could be the case idk.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2022, 11:42 AM by Caldrac.)

(01-21-2022, 08:15 PM)Upper Wrote: Cullen would keep the same defense so it would have to mean that they fired Wink for personality reasons and not schematic reasons. Which could be the case idk.
Seems like Harbaugh is sacrificing him to make up for the fact that they couldn't win or move the needle much on offense without Jackson. Seems like Harbaugh and Roman need to answer for that.

Not Wink.

Other than the Bengals game. Defense did its job down the stretch. They lost to some good play off bound teams by as few as 3 - 4 points where they defensively kept them in check most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

So Cullen won't be replacing Wink after all:

https://twitter.com/TheWolverineOn3/stat...3511091205

(01-26-2022, 03:23 PM)Upper Wrote: So Cullen won't be replacing Wink after all:

Interesting. I wonder if this means Harbaugh is truly on his way out of Michigan as well then. Why else would you want your brother to poach from your own coaching staff?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-26-2022, 05:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Interesting. I wonder if this means Harbaugh is truly on his way out of Michigan as well then. Why else would you want your brother to poach from your own coaching staff?

He probably has someone waiting in the wings. If I were Harbaugh, I'd run to Las Vegas. He's reached the peak at Michigan. That's a wannabe elite program these days. It will never consistently beat Ohio State. And the fanbase/alums don't see this reality.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

And then there’s this

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...0588611584

The guy did a good job. Jags are letting him slip away lol

Banner day for reporting.

(01-26-2022, 09:34 PM)CSTblank Wrote:

And then there’s this

The one good coach that we have we are letting get away, smh

(01-27-2022, 10:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:34 PM)CSTblank Wrote: And then there’s this

We could always hire Bevell as the head man and keep the entire band together. Make Cullen the assistant head coach.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 10:44 AM by Mikey.)

(01-27-2022, 10:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:34 PM)CSTblank Wrote: And then there’s this

...you understand that if we hire anyone other than Bevell it's likely that they bring their own DC with them, right?

(01-27-2022, 10:17 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 10:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The one good coach that we have we are letting get away, smh

We could always hire Bevell as the head man and keep the entire band together. Make Cullen the assistant head coach.

Shut the hell up, Trent. Shouldn't you be sabotaging a contract negotiation right now?

Tongue

(01-27-2022, 10:43 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 10:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The one good coach that we have we are letting get away, smh

...you understand that if we hire anyone other than Bevell it's likely that they bring their own DC with them, right?

(01-27-2022, 10:17 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: We could always hire Bevell as the head man and keep the entire band together. Make Cullen the assistant head coach.

Shut the hell up, Trent. Shouldn't you be sabotaging a contract negotiation right now?

Tongue

I like your style, Mikey

Truth be told, I don't know enough about all the Baalke vitriol to form a logical opinion. As I said in the other thread, as Urban was making the Jags his very own tempest in a teapot, perhaps Khan saw something in Baalke that has led to his continued devotion. Beats me. But was his most recent draft sll that dismal? Doesn't appear that way to me.

But carry on with the gnashing of teeth and pitchfork sharpening.

(01-27-2022, 10:54 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 10:43 AM)Mikey Wrote: ...you understand that if we hire anyone other than Bevell it's likely that they bring their own DC with them, right?

Tongue

I like your style, Mikey

Truth be told, I don't know enough about all the Baalke vitriol to form a logical opinion. As I said in the other thread, as Urban was making the Jags his very own tempest in a teapot, perhaps Khan saw something in Baalke that has led to his continued devotion. Beats me. But was his most recent draft sll that dismal? Doesn't appear that way to me.

Now I am really starting to think you are Trent lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 11:25 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

And the original info wound up being correct. Not that it really matters at this point it doesn't sound like Cullen will be one of the top options to stay with us even if he isn't hired anywhere else in the meantime.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...7988779008

(01-27-2022, 10:56 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 10:54 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: I like your style, Mikey

Now I am really starting to think you are Trent lol

Baalke apparently has some extra time on his hands today. Why not come here and troll the fans? LOL.

(01-28-2022, 12:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 10:56 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Now I am really starting to think you are Trent lol

Baalke apparently has some extra time on his hands today. Why not come here and troll the fans? LOL.

Haha. Love it. Balkie?

(01-28-2022, 12:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 10:56 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Now I am really starting to think you are Trent lol

I'm hoping Baalke redeems himself by pushing hard for a Bevell hire. That would be the smart move at this point.

(01-28-2022, 04:01 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 12:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Baalke apparently has some extra time on his hands today. Why not come here and troll the fans? LOL.
I'm hoping Baalke redeems himself by pushing hard for a Bevell hire. That would be the smart move at this point.

It's my fear of eventuality.

Shad digs his heels in, Byron takes a job elsewhere or gets one more chance at a ring with Tawmy, everyone else fills their vacancies from the remaining decent candidates, and we are left with a lame duck season.

We then clean house, bring in a new GM and a new coach in year 3, and Trevor has to relearn everything and we waste a prime opportunity to taste success while he's still on a dirt cheap contract.

(01-28-2022, 09:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 04:01 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: I'm hoping Baalke redeems himself by pushing hard for a Bevell hire. That would be the smart move at this point.

It's my fear of eventuality.

Shad digs his heels in, Byron takes a job elsewhere or gets one more chance at a ring with Tawmy, everyone else fills their vacancies from the remaining decent candidates, and we are left with a lame duck season.

We then clean house, bring in a new GM and a new coach in year 3, and Trevor has to relearn everything and we waste a prime opportunity to taste success while he's still on a dirt cheap contract.
Ahh, you're being too pessimistic.

I'm not casting aspersions on Byron, but retaining the coaching staff here would actually be a positive. Just look at that last game! 
Meyer flat out emasculated this team. He was putrid. Of course we had to rid ourselves of his sorry ways and it took a little time. But it happened. Trevor looked reinvigorated. Why ruin the momentum of that?