Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars expected to hire Ex Lions Interm HC Darrell Bevell as OC

I don't know much about him

https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-expecte...ell-bevell
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ugh! My buddy is a Seahawks fan and Bevell was Offensive Coordinator there about 5 or 6 years ago. He hates Bevell. Apparently, the guy really, really likes bubble screens and called them several times every game, even though they didn't work. He said it was Bevell's favorite play to call and eventually that got him fired, because his offense was so simplistic.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 07:44 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-21-2021, 07:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I don't know much about him

HE'S THE [BLEEP] THAT CALLED THE PASS PLAY IN THE SUPER BOWL WHEN SEATTLE HAD 1ST AND GOAL AT THE 1 YARD LINE WHEN SEATTLE HAD BEASTMODE IN THE BACKFIELD AND WOULD HAVE BEATEN THE PATRIOTS.

Westmar (1996) Passing game coordinator & quarterbacks coach
Iowa State (1997) Graduate assistant
Connecticut (1998–1999) Wide receivers coach
Green Bay Packers (2000–2002) Assistant quarterbacks coach
Green Bay Packers (2003–2005) Quarterbacks coach
Minnesota Vikings (2006–2010) Offensive coordinator
Seattle Seahawks (2011–2017) Offensive coordinator
Detroit Lions (2019–2020) Offensive coordinator
Detroit Lions (2020) Interim head coach
Jacksonville Jaguars (2021–present) Offensive coordinator

He had the 4th best rushing offense and the #18 overall yardage offense with the 2014 Seahawks SB run. He also called the Malcolm Butler INT play though.

QB coach for Favre in GB and OC for Favre in Minnesota resulting in Favre's career high QB rating

He's got a good track record going back to winning the Super Bowl with Seattle. He and Tom Cable worked in tandem to develop one of the more potent offenses in the NFC with Russell Wilson. It's a good hire. It'll be interesting to see who is retained from the coaching staff on that side of the ball, and who they bring in to work with him.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-21-2021, 07:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 07:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I don't know much about him

HE'S THE [BLEEP] THAT CALLED THE PASS PLAY IN THE SUPER BOWL WHEN SEATTLE HAD 1ST AND GOAL AT THE 1 YARD LINE WHEN SEATTLE HAD BEASTMODE IN THE BACKFIELD AND WOULD HAVE BEATEN THE PATRIOTS.

[Image: 39aafa4f6ab262662a527401693eeeca.gif]

At least the guy has experience at the hired position.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

This hire I definitely do not like.

Every single hire and the board implodes.

Let’s see what happens folks.

I love how every hire is the worst possible hire with people on this board. Never change guys. Lol.

I like the hire. A lot actually.

Spent 6 years in Minnesota as OC, coached Favre and had the run in the playoffs. He is the one coach that pushed for the selection of R.Wilson for the Seattle and brought success for most the 7 years he was there including a SB, went twice. Actually was one of the only NFL coaches/scouts that went to Wilson pro-day. Spent two years in Detroit and from what I read most of the fans liked him more as the Interim HC.

He botched the call in the SB, but overall has a good record, has OC/HC experience and developed R.Wilson.

2006-2010 (5 Seasons Minn.) - Went to the playoffs 2 times, NFC championship once. 2006 had 6 wins, 2007 had 8 wins, 2008 had 10 wins, and 2009 had 12 wins. 2010 had 6 wins and let go.

2011-2017 (7 Seasons Seattle) - Went to the playoffs 5 times, 2 NFC Championships, and 1 SB win. 2011 had 7 wins, 2012 had 11 wins, 2013 had 13 wins, 2014 had 12 wins, 2015 had 12 wins, 2016 had 10 wins and 2017 had 9 wins and then let go.

I think we got a good one, has developed a rookie QB (a great one in R.Wilson), and has coached a Hall of Famer in Favre. Loves to run the ball, as well as sling it down field. Great hire IMO.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(01-21-2021, 08:04 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: This hire I definitely do not like.

Worlds better than Linehan

Getting a winner at OC, too. Makes me glad! Competence at the major coaching positions. What a breath of fresh air.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

So Bevel gets ZERO credit for the Seattle offense under Russell Wilson?

Four straight years of being top ten in points means nothing?

Helping to develop Russell Wilson completely irrelevant?

Yes that call in the Super Bowl was horrific. But he is not without worth guys.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'll take it over Scott Linehan. Would've prefered Kafka. But he might not have wanted to come here.

he was a hot commodity for a HC job a couple years ago. Great offensive mind.

The Malcolm Butler play ultimately is more on Peter Carrol as Head Coach and final decision maker.

I am excited about the hire. I dig it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-21-2021, 10:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So Bevel gets ZERO credit for the Seattle offense under Russell Wilson?

Four straight years of being top ten in points means nothing?

Helping to develop Russell Wilson completely irrelevant?

Yes that call in the Super Bowl was horrific. But he is not without worth guys.

Maybe not here, but he has gotten a lot of credit on other media outlets. I do worry that he has had some overly conservative/run run pass offenses, but he has also had plenty of offenses that were open up he seems pretty adaptable. Definitely like this more than the Linehan rumors.

I'm indifferent. Going to trust Meyer got his guy!