Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars expected to hire Ex Lions Interm HC Darrell Bevell as OC

The more things change the more they stay the same…

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-22-2021, 11:10 AM)Emplehdog Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 08:09 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Every single hire and the board implodes.

Let’s see what happens folks.

A group of negative Nancy's.

Are we still waiting to see what happens?

signed,
negative Nancy

(11-22-2021, 11:10 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 11:08 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I didn't like the Bevell hire from the beginning, just like I didn't like when Meyer was hired or Baalke. With every game we play, things go from bad to worse.

Agreed. Got bashed as a jaded gator fan when I spoke against Urban. I was indifferent on the staff he built cuz a fish rots from the head down.
Nanny nanny boo boo losers hahahaha.

Cullen is OK and I like that he's capable of deviating from his core philosophy to fit the personnel. 

Bevell is a journeyman OC who's being undermined by a college coach. I don't have high hopes for any replacement as long as Meyer is HC. Meyer is clashing with his veteran NFL position coaches. Dude is an egomaniac who's in over his head.  

"Sources said it is inevitable that changes are coming to this staff next season, with running backs coach Bernie Parmalee and receivers coach Sanjay Lal often on the receiving end of Meyer's diatribes, and any concerns with Lawrence's development could prove problematic for quarterback coach Brian Schottenheimer as well."
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

This board has wanted every OC fired since I started following over a decade ago. As a whole, our offensive talent has been way below even sniffing average nearly that entire span. Now I don’t know if we have the right guy or not, but I do know that until this team acquires sustainable talent, the OC will always be the fall guy around here.

Can you polish a turd

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let's be honest, he's made some bad calls this season. Terrible in the red zone. Runs when he should throw, and throws when he should run. Failed to utilize Robinson for the first few weeks. His scheming is vanilla and unimaginative. Receivers aren't open, because the defense has Bevell's playbook. Marvin Jones and even Hyde were effective with other teams. Bevell is straight trash.

Bevell has got to go

ASAP

No idea how he caught lightning in a bottle in Seattle, because his incompetence is on full display this season

(11-23-2021, 09:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bevell has got to go

ASAP

No idea how he caught lightning in a bottle in Seattle, because his incompetence is on full display this season

Wilson, Lynch, and the Legion of Boom to lean on. By the time Wilson was a real vet and Lynch was gone they moved on.

Nothing to do with Bev imo.

In Minny he had angry and jaded Favre and AP still with juice... two HoFs