Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matt Stafford and Lions agree to part ways.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 07:29 PM by mal234.)

According to reporters on Twitter they are agreeing to go separate ways.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...4127216640

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hmmm...

Maybe not happy with new management or hires?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 07:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Would be a good move for the Saints

Or Colts

Would be solid for Colts, but Indy can't continue to operate this way forever...

I said this weeks ago. My gut tells me he's going to the Patriots. I still think he does.

(01-23-2021, 08:43 PM)OTheO-LineMatters Wrote: I said this weeks ago. My gut tells me he's going to the Patriots. I still think he does.

I think you’re right. That seems the most logical landing spot.

I just looked at the Lions fan website.  They seem to think a 3 way deal may happen; Safford to the 49ers and Garoppolo back to the Patriots.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-23-2021, 08:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Would be solid for Colts, but Indy can't continue to operate this way forever...

If everything is equal, I think the Lions should trade Matthew Stafford to an AFC team.  Of the AFC teams,  the order I would put a trade occurring with is:

1. Colts
2. Patriots
3. Steelers
4. Texans 

The Colts seem most likely because other than QB and LT, they don't have a glaring problem area.  Plus, they have a highly favorable salary cap situation.

The Patriots have pick # 15, which could be the foundation of a trade.  The huge uncertainty is because Matt Patricia is returning to the Patriots as as Assistant,  his input one way or the other could influence Bill Belichick. 

The Steelers need an upgrade at QB. Yet, their problematic salary cap situation looks like a huge obstacle for them being a serious Super Bowl Contender.

The Texans are currently in the NFL version of the Twilight Zone.  If Jim Caldwell becomes their HC and they decide to trade Deshaun Watson,  it's easy to envision Caldwell wanting to trade for Stafford ( who he coached with the Lions ).  

(01-23-2021, 07:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would be a good move for the Saints

Or Colts

Saints couldn't afford the starting QB on a middle school team willing to play for $10/game, let alone Matthew Stafford's contract.

I think the Football Team is the most likely NFC Team to get Stafford.  Martin Mayhew originally drafted Stafford.  Football Team needs a QB, and probably doesn't want to risk another draft pick on one.  They pick middle of round 1, which is a decent spot for a first rounder, but not too high to trade for Stafford.

Wouldn't rule out AFC teams like the Colts making the trade, though.  I don't think the Texans do it unless it's some sort of 3-way trade.

(01-23-2021, 07:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would be a good move for the Saints

Or Colts

Saints are so far over the cap, I don’t think they can afford him.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Drew Lock + Broncos 2nd & 4th picks for Stafford, who says no?

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 02:21 PM by Jag88.)

(01-23-2021, 10:54 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:

Or Colts

Saints couldn't afford the starting QB on a middle school team willing to play for $10/game, let alone Matthew Stafford's contract.

I think the Football Team is the most likely NFC Team to get Stafford.  Martin Mayhew originally drafted Stafford.  Football Team needs a QB, and probably doesn't want to risk another draft pick on one.  They pick middle of round 1, which is a decent spot for a first rounder, but not too high to trade for Stafford.

Wouldn't rule out AFC teams like the Colts making the trade, though.  I don't think the Texans do it unless it's some sort of 3-way trade.

That would be a great fit. The redskins are a qb away from taking it to the next step.

My gut is telling me Stafford goes to the Pats, Darnold goes to the Colts and Watson goes to the Jets. Jimmy G will end up in Carolina, Houston will draft Zach Wilson #2, New Orleans will stick with Jameis Winston and the Eagles will stick with Wentz and Hurts. Atlanta will then draft Fields #4. In a surprising move, the Lions will draft Mac Jones #7 overall, Denver will draft Kyle Trask in the 2nd round and the Niners will draft Trey Lance at #12.

Whats chances of lions offering stafford and there pic 7 for jags number 1?

(01-25-2021, 07:27 PM)Gavdab81 Wrote: Whats chances of lions offering stafford and there pic 7 for jags number 1?

Who cares?  It's not even close to enough.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Didn't think it was enough either just saw someone suggest it on twitter was wondering what others thought

(01-24-2021, 01:13 AM)JNev Wrote: Drew Lock + Broncos 2nd & 4th picks for Stafford, who says no?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-25-2021, 07:27 PM)Gavdab81 Wrote: Whats chances of lions offering stafford and there pic 7 for jags number 1?

Why would you want an old Stafford and the 7th pick for a generational superstar QB who will be on a low paying rookie contract for the next couple years?

Don't want it just saying seen it few times in twitter