Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Superbowl LV Tampa Bay vs Kansas City ***

(02-07-2021, 11:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 11:23 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Worst super bowl, halftime perfornance  commercials, analysts fox pregame predictions, sappy political messages in history

Romo was the absolute worst. His shtick is up.

Can always count on the Lombardi celebration showing the true pecking order of this league.

i definitely would have preferred Ian Eagle and Charles Davis,  the CBS # 2 announcing team, as announcers for the Super Bowl.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-07-2021, 11:36 PM)enigma Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 11:34 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: And the phrase "now...more than ever...". Please retire that one tonite, World...

Overused phraseology has been rampant to the likes of which no one has ever seen before folks.

Seriously. And when everyone is saying the same things its an echo chamber of migraine headache proportions. I think that's why the commercials were less than desirable. The same theme over and over. The best one was Paramount in which the golf player amputated the cartoon characters frozen arm with a five iron. I actually laughed at that one.

(02-08-2021, 02:24 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This game proved how important the LT position is. With Eric Fisher out, Mahomes was running for his life. He absolutely got blasted on a couple plays. Fisher is a much better LT than he's ever gotten credit for. When he is out of the lineup, Mahomes only has a record of 3-4 after tonight's loss.

So even more proof of the value of the number 1 pick right?  TLAW all the way baby.

(02-08-2021, 02:24 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This game proved how important the LT position is. With Eric Fisher out, Mahomes was running for his life. He absolutely got blasted on a couple plays. Fisher is a much better LT than he's ever gotten credit for. When he is out of the lineup, Mahomes only has a record of 3-4 after tonight's loss.

To the Bucs credit, they capitalized on the misfortune of the Packers losing LT David Bakhtiari in a practice the week leading up to the final regular season game and the Chiefs losing Eric Fisher late in the 4th QTR. of the AFC Championship game that was all but officially decided by then.  

(02-07-2021, 11:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Tb hugging on Leftwich like he had anything with Brady being good!

Good insight here. Players, particularly great ones, should ignore their coaches, game plan, and play calling that helped them win a superbowl. 

Didn't see the game, but can't believe he hugged him. His own offensive coordinator. Bruce's right arm. Known as an exceptional football mind. Particularly since he had nothing to do with refining TB's skillset. Or helping him to see items from different angles. Silly TB. 

Byron has what, two now? I have deep regard for that guy. Really proud of how quickly he's risen. Young Lord B that we drafted, now a premier NFL coach at 40 ish. And rising.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(02-08-2021, 03:36 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 11:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Tb hugging on Leftwich like he had anything with Brady being good!

Good insight here. Players, particularly great ones, should ignore their coaches, game plan, and play calling that helped them win a superbowl. 

Didn't see the game, but can't believe he hugged him. His own offensive coordinator. Bruce's right arm. Known as an exceptional football mind. Particularly since he had nothing to do with refining TB's skillset. Or helping him to see items from different angles. Silly TB. 

Byron has what, two now? I have deep regard for that guy. Really proud of how quickly he's risen. Young Lord B that we drafted, now a premier NFL coach at 40 ish. And rising.

This. They was really praising Byron, crediting him a lot with changing the scheme and ironing it out after the bye week, of which Tampa then went unbeaten.

For TB to acknowledge it speaks volumes.

Wasn’t around to watch Byron as I started following 2007. But still really happy for him, and Fournette, Gabbert and Mickens.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 07:22 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-08-2021, 12:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 12:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh, Mahomes is a great player but he isnt Brady.  With that said no one is and no one else will be in our life time

He isn't currently  but you can't say he won't be. It's his 3rd year in the league and he just played in his 2nd Super Bowl

As Jaguar fans, we should hope he WON'T be!

His 4th year, and now TLaw is coming into the league and Brady will back, not to mention Burrow and Herbert.  Its gonna be tough for Mahomes to win 3 or 4  Mahomes will never win 7 SBs lol.  Brady will probably win his 8th next year then it will be the Trevor Lawrence Era!

(02-08-2021, 07:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 12:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He isn't currently  but you can't say he won't be. It's his 3rd year in the league and he just played in his 2nd Super Bowl

As Jaguar fans, we should hope he WON'T be!

His 4th year, and now TLaw is coming into the league and Brady will back, not to mention Burrow and Herbert.  Its gonna be tough for Mahomes to win 3 or 4  Mahomes will never win 7 SBs lol.  Brady will probably win his 8th next year then it will be the Trevor Lawrence Era!

Indeed. Lots of top flight QB talent in the league beginning next year. This will be an interesting era in the NFL.

I guess Rodgers could also be on that list, but he can't get it done and I predict will be out of the league in three years.

(02-08-2021, 07:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 07:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: His 4th year, and now TLaw is coming into the league and Brady will back, not to mention Burrow and Herbert.  Its gonna be tough for Mahomes to win 3 or 4  Mahomes will never win 7 SBs lol.  Brady will probably win his 8th next year then it will be the Trevor Lawrence Era!

Indeed. Lots of top flight QB talent in the league beginning next year. This will be an interesting era in the NFL.

I guess Rodgers could also be on that list, but he can't get it done and I predict will be out of the league in three years.
Yeah, I'd add Rodgers to that list.  He will probably do like Tom and leave GB and go win 1 more SB after Tom retires

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 09:47 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-08-2021, 02:53 AM)D6 Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 11:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Romo was the absolute worst. His shtick is up.

Can always count on the Lombardi celebration showing the true pecking order of this league.

i definitely would have preferred Ian Eagle and Charles Davis,  the CBS # 2 announcing team, as announcers for the Super Bowl.

Personally, I think Romo is the best announcer in the game.

(02-08-2021, 03:03 AM)surfon Wrote:

So even more proof of the value of the number 1 pick right?  TLAW all the way baby.

Agreed. I think the year Fisher went #1, this team would've still picked Joekel though. #BecauseJaguars

Super Bowl Champion Blaine Gabbert.

Whodathunkit?

(02-08-2021, 03:15 AM)D6 Wrote:

To the Bucs credit, they capitalized on the misfortune of the Packers losing LT David Bakhtiari in a practice the week leading up to the final regular season game and the Chiefs losing Eric Fisher late in the 4th QTR. of the AFC Championship game that was all but officially decided by then.  

Agreed completely.

(02-08-2021, 09:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 02:53 AM)D6 Wrote: i definitely would have preferred Ian Eagle and Charles Davis,  the CBS # 2 announcing team, as announcers for the Super Bowl.

Personally, I think Romo is the best announcer in the game.

A high % of NFL fans agree with you, with many other NFL fans like myself preferring that Tony Romo wasn't the Analyst on any game we are interested in watching.  

When it comes to NFL games on CBS,  Charles Davis is by far my favorite analyst.  

(02-08-2021, 12:36 PM)D6 Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 09:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I think Romo is the best announcer in the game.

A high % of NFL fans agree with you, with many other NFL fans like myself preferring that Tony Romo wasn't the Analyst on any game we are interested in watching.  

When it comes to NFL games on CBS,  Charles Davis is by far my favorite analyst.  

I just know I can't stand Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. I can't watch those two at all. Joe Buck especially. He is so smug and arrogant.

what was wrong with Romo? why do people "hate " him?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 04:51 PM by D6.)

(02-08-2021, 03:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 12:36 PM)D6 Wrote: A high % of NFL fans agree with you, with many other NFL fans like myself preferring that Tony Romo wasn't the Analyst on any game we are interested in watching.  

I just know I can't stand Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. I can't watch those two at all. Joe Buck especially. He is so smug and arrogant.

I enjoy listening to the Joe Buck-Troy Aikman tandem and when Joe Buck and John Smoltz are announcing MLB games.  Though I don' t find Joe Buck smug and arrogant,  I could easily be in the minority.

One of my favorite all-time baseball announcers was Joe's father Jack Buck, both on Cardinals games on 50,000 watt AM Radio station KMOX and on national TV.  

(02-08-2021, 03:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: what was wrong with Romo? why do people "hate " him?

In my case, I don't have anything against Tony Romo as a person or as a former QB of the Dallas Cowboys. As an announcer though, he comes across as far too silly, in ways that are hard to describe. Yet for me, it overrides the football knowledge he brings to the table. 

Im a Pat Summerall and John Madden kinda guy

(02-08-2021, 05:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Im a Pat Summerall and John Madden kinda guy

John Madden: "Back in my day we called fullbacks meat. Yeah, that's a good name for fullbacks. Meat."