Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So with the Saints being like 100m over cap

Got to assume they will make some trades/cuts to massively productive players. Who would you like to see us go after in a trade?

Personally, I'd absolutely love Mike Thomas or Kamara. The idea of J Rob/Kamara duo backfield sounds so disgusting. As far as defense goes..Marshon Lattimore would be amazing. Ofcourse i'm not really sure how likely any of these specific players are to be traded/let go.. but you have to assume at least a few will be.

Ideal scenario for me:
Trade 25th overall pick + a first next year. 

Get: Lattimore, Mike Thomas.

Yes, I do think they are worth more than that, but given the saints cap hell.. maybe? idk just a fun thread to discuss.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ummm... totally not necessary at all to select Kamara. If we draft a guy, thats 1 thing... but an overpriced Kamara shouldn't and will not be a target.

Lattimore on the other hand... nice.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 04:05 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I want OT Ryan Ramczyk. I'd easily give up a the #25 pick and a 3rd rounder to get a young OT like him. He has already been an All Pro for the last 3 years. He was first team All-Pro in 2019 and Second Team All-Pro in 2018 and 2020. That is who we need protecting Lawrence. I wanted to draft him instead of Fournette, but I was told that was a stupid idea, since Ramczyk was falling to the end of the first round that year. He counts $11 million against their cap in 2021, but if they cut or trade him, he carries no dead money. So he could be a very good trade target.

Urban mentioned when he was researching whether he wanted to go to the NFL that he reached out to former players on the Saints. I am assuming that was Lattimore and Thomas. Wouldn’t surprise me if he went after either one (or both).

(01-26-2021, 06:26 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Urban mentioned when he was researching whether he wanted to go to the NFL that he reached out to former players on the Saints. I am assuming that was Lattimore and Thomas. Wouldn’t surprise me if he went after either one (or both).

I'd love to get Lattimore, although the price would be pretty steep for a shutdown corner. I'd offer our 2nd 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder next year.

I imagine they'll have to do a lot of restructuring contracts.

Never understood the desire to pick up a RB with mileage via FA or trade.

(01-26-2021, 02:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Never understood the desire to pick up a RB with mileage via FA or trade.

I think a FA 3rd down back is not horrible idea, but definitely they don't need to be targeted. They are relatively cheap, and better at blitz pick up than rookies.

(01-26-2021, 12:15 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 06:26 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Urban mentioned when he was researching whether he wanted to go to the NFL that he reached out to former players on the Saints. I am assuming that was Lattimore and Thomas. Wouldn’t surprise me if he went after either one (or both).

I'd love to get Lattimore, although the price would be pretty steep for a shutdown corner. I'd offer our 2nd 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder next year.

If he's going to be a cap casualty, he could probably be had for much, much less.

(01-26-2021, 02:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Never understood the desire to pick up a RB with mileage via FA or trade.

Read the rest of his posts and you'll understand why.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-26-2021, 02:38 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 12:15 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd love to get Lattimore, although the price would be pretty steep for a shutdown corner. I'd offer our 2nd 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder next year.

If he's going to be a cap casualty, he could probably be had for much, much less.

There is no way they keep him without moving studs. So in a years time they’ll get a late third comp pick at best for him? And with the cap reducing not many teams can afford contracts.

Don’t be shocked to see the Rams first round pick getting a lot more value than it ever would have in previous years.

(01-26-2021, 03:00 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:38 PM)scottyg Wrote: If he's going to be a cap casualty, he could probably be had for much, much less.

There is no way they keep him without moving studs. So in a years time they’ll get a late third comp pick at best for him? And with the cap reducing not many teams can afford contracts.

Don’t be shocked to see the Rams first round pick getting a lot more value than it ever would have in previous years.

Imagine how improved the back end of the defense would be with Lattimore and either Johnson or Marcus Williams at safety.

(01-26-2021, 03:20 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 03:00 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: There is no way they keep him without moving studs. So in a years time they’ll get a late third comp pick at best for him? And with the cap reducing not many teams can afford contracts.

Imagine how improved the back end of the defense would be with Lattimore and either Johnson or Marcus Williams at safety.

I would love it. Don’t be shocked to see the Jags go deep.

I'd love Lattimore or one of the OTs
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I don’t want Thomas. I think he was a product of Brees. Like Peyton Manning got plenty of guys paid.

I would take Lattimore!!

It's hilarious that you bums think they're giving up Ramczyk, essentially their best player
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(01-26-2021, 11:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t want Thomas. I think he was a product of Brees. Like Peyton Manning got plenty of guys paid.

I would take Lattimore!!

Not sure about that. Its a small sample, but in weeks 2-7 (6 games) last season when Teddy B was QB'ing, Thomas still pulled down 52 catches for 640 yards, including an 11/182/2TD game. The guy can just ball.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Hell yes to Lattimore. That kid can ball and he brings a level of competitiveness this team needs. Also, I’d say a strong yes to Thomas. While he only runs one route, he runs that route elite and is a safety net. Chark running vertical, Thomas on slants, and Viska being the playmaker he is sounds strong.

(01-27-2021, 03:28 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: It's hilarious that you bums think they're giving up  Ramczyk, essentially their best player

It's not a matter of them wanting to give him up. It's the fact that they are over the cap by nearly $100 million. You can either rid yourselves of several big contracts like his or you can essentially cut 1/3 of the team. They may very well decide on option B, but when you are over the cap by the largest margin in NFL history, every option must be considered.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 11:42 PM by Eric1.)

(01-27-2021, 10:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 03:28 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: It's hilarious that you bums think they're giving up  Ramczyk, essentially their best player

It's not a matter of them wanting to give him up. It's the fact that they are over the cap by nearly $100 million. You can either rid yourselves of several big contracts like his or you can essentially cut 1/3 of the team. They may very well decide on option B, but when you are over the cap by the largest margin in NFL history, every option must be considered.

Salary cap is a myth for the most part. Brees will likely retire, that'll save a bunch of $$. They'll restructure some contracts and move some money around by extending/front and back loading contracts. They'll be $20-30m++ in free cap space in no time. Just like teams do every single off season.