Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Senior Bowl

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 08:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Would love to add this guy although I wouldnt cut Linder.  Id put Linder back at RG 

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1...24163?s=20

If we are looking for a tackle and this guy is sitting there at 33 id be ok with him as well especially with that arm length

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1...34466?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 08:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Crazy, Id be ok with Harris at 33 also but i really think he goes in the first

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1...93920?s=20

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1...39394?s=20

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1...30976?s=20

Leatherwood is a clone of Cam Robinson. Fine if we draft him to play guard, it's going to be a lot of pain for Trevor if we put him at tackle.

Per Oehser, Urban and his staff will not be at the Senior Bowl at all this week. Kind of odd that he wants the final say on personnel but he’s not at the Senior Bowl (especially with no combine this year. Hopefully Baalke is at least there.

(01-26-2021, 09:26 PM)Upper Wrote: Leatherwood is a clone of Cam Robinson. Fine if we draft him to play guard, it's going to be a lot of pain for Trevor if we put him at tackle.

Cam could of been much better, he just didnt develop like one would hope.  I feel with this new coaching staff they will be able to develop players better and Leatherwood might have as high upside as any olineman in this draft.

His feet very much say otherwise.

(01-26-2021, 09:37 PM)Upper Wrote: His feet very much say otherwise.

Players can improve there feet and hand work with great coaching.  I still think Cam has a chance to be a better player than he has the past couple years and at times he is, just not consistent enough

Cam was bottom tier last year (and every year so far) so sure he probably will get better, but I highly doubt he will ever even be average. You can fix hands, you can't fix heavy feet.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 10:30 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-26-2021, 10:17 PM)Upper Wrote: Cam was bottom tier last year (and every year so far) so sure he probably will get better, but I highly doubt he will ever even be average. You can fix hands, you can't fix heavy feet.

Id put Cam in the 17-20 range at LT.  I think he can be average at the very least as he is already a good run blocker.  Boselli and Searcy have both talked about footwork and how you can improve.  You can improve on hand work/ placement along with footwork with better coaching.  Its not only hands these guys get better at, its there feet as well.  With that said Leatherwood wouldnt be my favorite at 33 but id look at it and he could probably play 4 different positions as well.

https://tdalabamamag.com/2021/01/26/deon...nior-bowl/

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 10:46 PM by Upper.)

Cam is a good run blocker, but I don't really care about that. Give me the best pass blocker at LT and anything he gives me as a run blocker is gravy. Cam is a bottom 5 pass blocker.

I'm also not talking about footwork, that is technique and you can improve that like Wirfs did. He had incredibly light feet but had a bad tendency to overstep for some reason and he could be caught off balance or on inside counter moves. That was quickly fixed and Wirfs is making us look completely stupid for passing on him at 9 already.

I am talking about heavy feet. Cam physically doesn't have the capability to move his feet outside fast enough to not get torched by good EDGE rushers and that can't be coached. I think Leatherwood has shown that he has heavy feet too. I believe anyone who drafts him to play tackle will be disappointed, but at guard he could be very good.

(01-26-2021, 09:27 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Per Oehser, Urban and his staff will not be at the Senior Bowl at all this week. Kind of odd that he wants the final say on personnel but he’s not at the Senior Bowl (especially with no combine this year. Hopefully Baalke is at least there.

It is important to know more about your roster than go to a senior bowl. They have free agency to get ready for. And I am guessing there was not a lot of scout turn over with Baalke being retained.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 11:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-26-2021, 10:45 PM)Upper Wrote: Cam is a good run blocker, but I don't really care about that. Give me the best pass blocker at LT and anything he gives me as a run blocker is gravy. Cam is a bottom 5 pass blocker.

I'm also not talking about footwork, that is technique and you can improve that like Wirfs did. He had incredibly light feet but had a bad tendency to overstep for some reason and he could be caught off balance or on inside counter moves. That was quickly fixed and Wirfs is making us look completely stupid for passing on him at 9 already.

I am talking about heavy feet. Cam physically doesn't have the capability to move his feet outside fast enough to not get torched by good EDGE rushers and that can't be coached. I think Leatherwood has shown that he has heavy feet too. I believe anyone who drafts him to play tackle will be disappointed, but at guard he could be very good.

If we didn't care about run blocking we could just go get Kelvin Beachum.   I don't want a guy that is horrible at run blocking but a good pass blocker,  I want balance.  Yes, technique, something Cam and Taylor have both regressed on, Cam has showed he can move his feet fast enough he just lacks in technique and Boselli and Searcy have both brought it up a number of times with him and Taylor,  they have both declined.  Wirfs is the guy i wanted in the first but its to early to say how good CJ will be. I'll wait till next year to see how he does.

(01-26-2021, 10:49 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 09:27 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Per Oehser, Urban and his staff will not be at the Senior Bowl at all this week. Kind of odd that he wants the final say on personnel but he’s not at the Senior Bowl (especially with no combine this year. Hopefully Baalke is at least there.

It is important to know more about your roster than go to a senior bowl. They have free agency to get ready for. And I am guessing there was not a lot of scout turn over with Baalke being retained.
I'm thinking he is still working on his coaching staff.

(01-26-2021, 09:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 09:26 PM)Upper Wrote: Leatherwood is a clone of Cam Robinson. Fine if we draft him to play guard, it's going to be a lot of pain for Trevor if we put him at tackle.

Cam could of been much better, he just didnt develop like one would hope.  I feel with this new coaching staff they will be able to develop players better and Leatherwood might have as high upside as any olineman in this draft.

Yea, but same oline coach as last year good luck with the thought of getting better with coaching.

(01-27-2021, 02:37 AM)surfon Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 09:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cam could of been much better, he just didnt develop like one would hope.  I feel with this new coaching staff they will be able to develop players better and Leatherwood might have as high upside as any olineman in this draft.

Yea, but same oline coach as last year good luck with the thought of getting better with coaching.

Yes but Meyer is here as well as Bevell.  I think they will help out a ton compared to what we have had in the past

I've been watching some the practices on ESPN and NFL Network and a few players have really stood out to me. Two are running backs and one is an interior O-Lineman. Michael Carter is a 5'8" 199lb. RB from North Carolina that is lightning quick and an excellent receiver. He goes from zero to top speed in no time at all and averaged 8 ypc and 10.7 ypr on 25 catches. I see him and I see an excellent compliment to James Robinson. Khalil Herbert is another guy that has stood out. He is 5'9" 204 lbs. and shows excellent and quickness as well. he hasn't had as many opportunities as a receiver, but he did average a very impressive 7.7 ypc and 17.9 ypr last season. I'd target either one in the middle rounds.

One guy on the O-Line that has popped this week is Quinn Meinerz of Wisconsin Whitewater. The very first play I saw him he was lined up at Center and he absolutely destroyed the DT in front of him. He's been stoning guys at the line in practice both days. He played OG in college, but has looked good as a Center as well. If you watch practice, you can't miss him. He has his bare belly hanging out of his jersey. From what they have been saying, he's been among the most impressive and most consistent players, so far. He could be a guy that could compete for the RG position as well as being a guy we could groom as the next starting Center, once Linder moves on.

From what I've watched, both teams offensive lines have been pretty dominant. The worst player there that I've seen is QB Feleipe Franks. How did he even get an invite? He is God awful! He holds onto the ball way too long and locks onto receivers.

No point in even thinking about drafting a RB before the 4th round, at the earliest. Probably more like the 5th round or later.

(01-27-2021, 11:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've been watching some the practices on ESPN and NFL Network and a few players have really stood out to me. Two are running backs and one is an interior O-Lineman. Michael Carter is a 5'8" 199lb. RB from North Carolina that is lightning quick and an excellent receiver. He goes from zero to top speed in no time at all and averaged 8 ypc and 10.7 ypr on 25 catches. I see him and I see an excellent compliment to James Robinson. Khalil Herbert is another guy that has stood out. He is 5'9" 204 lbs. and shows excellent and quickness as well. he hasn't had as many opportunities as a receiver, but he did average a very impressive 7.7 ypc and 17.9 ypr last season. I'd target either one in the middle rounds.

One guy on the O-Line that has popped this week is Quinn Meinerz of Wisconsin Whitewater. The very first play I saw him he was lined up at Center and he absolutely destroyed the DT in front of him. He's been stoning guys at the line in practice both days. He played OG in college, but has looked good as a Center as well. If you watch practice, you can't miss him. He has his bare belly hanging out of his jersey. From what they have been saying, he's been among the most impressive and most consistent players, so far. He could be a guy that could compete for the RG position as well as being a guy we could groom as the next starting Center, once Linder moves on.

From what I've watched, both teams offensive lines have been pretty dominant. The worst player there that I've seen is QB Feleipe Franks. How did he even get an invite? He is God awful! He holds onto the ball way too long and locks onto receivers.
The issue with Carter is his pass protection

(01-28-2021, 07:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 11:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've been watching some the practices on ESPN and NFL Network and a few players have really stood out to me. Two are running backs and one is an interior O-Lineman. Michael Carter is a 5'8" 199lb. RB from North Carolina that is lightning quick and an excellent receiver. He goes from zero to top speed in no time at all and averaged 8 ypc and 10.7 ypr on 25 catches. I see him and I see an excellent compliment to James Robinson. Khalil Herbert is another guy that has stood out. He is 5'9" 204 lbs. and shows excellent and quickness as well. he hasn't had as many opportunities as a receiver, but he did average a very impressive 7.7 ypc and 17.9 ypr last season. I'd target either one in the middle rounds.

The issue with Carter is his pass protection

He's looked good in pass protection so far, the announcers even stated as such. They said for his size, he is a very willing blocker and has improved a lot this week. I think this kid could be a real weapon in the passing game, especially since we already know Bevell really likes bubble screens.

(01-27-2021, 11:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: No point in even thinking about drafting a RB before the 4th round, at the earliest. Probably more like the 5th round or later.

Agreed. That's why I'm not paying any attention to the big name RB's like Najee Harris, Travis Etienne, Javonte Williams, Chuba Hubbard or Trey Sermon. Those guys are gonna go way to early and will be premier RB's. We don't need that. I'm just looking at 3rd down backs with good hands who could serve as a compliment to Robinson. Personally, I think the 5th round would be an ideal place to find one. I've got my eye on Jaret Patterson, Kenneth Gainwell, Michael Carter and Khalil Herbert. If any of those guys make it to our 2nd pick in round 5, I would take them.