Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Senior Bowl

I have not seen Urban here this week, so i can confirm that teport so far. Haven't seen balke, but its kinda hard to tell with masks on. Definitely have seen some Jaguars personnel though

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kadarius Toney has bricks for hands.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 10:15 PM by Adub28.)

Dillon Radunz has been really impressive, seems like their have been a bunch of really imoressive small school players in the oline/dline. Cam Sample looks unblockable, both.north Iowa kids looked legit, Spencer Brown looks like the part especially if he fills out his frame. Pretty impressed with some of the oline man, thought Brown from Bama didn’t look good. Some good looking mid to late round flyers on the oline/dline.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-draft-m...39689.html

Quinn Meinerz....kids got a nasty streak. Hope the Jags reps give him a good, long look

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(01-29-2021, 02:33 PM)NCJag Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-draft-m...39689.html

Quinn Meinerz....kids got a nasty streak. Hope the Jags reps give him a good, long look

He looked good and had some solid reps, he is definitely draftable as he seems to have a nastiness/intesity in his blocking that you love to see in olineman.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(01-29-2021, 02:33 PM)NCJag Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-draft-m...39689.html

I love this kid. He dominated the small school level as an OG, but he's been lining up a lot at Center this week and he's been doing a fantastic job. Just adding that versatility to play OG and Center will add to his value. He could go as early as the 3rd round, but I think it's more likely he goes in the 4th or 5th. I could see him playing RG and eventually moving to Center, once Linder's contract runs out.

Nice run by Michael Carter.

People saying Leatherwood might have been the worst player in Mobile this week...

(01-30-2021, 04:28 PM)Upper Wrote: People saying Leatherwood might have been the worst player in Mobile this week...

No. Feleipe Franks was the worst with Deonte Brown being a close second. Brown looked fat, slow and just got bullied by much quicker DT's. His draft stocked slipped a lot. I thought he might've been a 2nd round pick, but after this week, he's more like a late 3rd to mid 4th.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 07:33 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Some players that stood our to me.........

If we do go to a 3-4 defense I would love to draft OLB Elerson Smith of Northern Iowa. He's been impressive this week and during the game he was constantly in the opposing QB's face. I see him as the next Matt Judon.

I would also love to get RB Michael Carter of North Carolina. This kid is electric and would be the perfect compliment to James Robinson. Carter has great hands and can be used on 3rd downs in the passing game.

Keith Taylor of Washington looked like a lock down CB. He's tall and showed great technique. He'd look good in a Jags' uniform.

Jonathon Cooper wasn't very productive at Ohio State, but this week he was all over the field and looked unblockable. I believe he should be moved to OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Quinn Meinerz of Wisconsin Whitewater was just flat out fun to watch. He was pancaking guys right and left this week. He played OG in college, but played Center this week and looked phenomenal.

Note Dame O-Lineman Robert Hainsey shows great versatility and can play any position along the O-Line. He played RT and OG in college and played some Center this week as well. I was impressed.

Amari Rodgers impressed me as well. He was consistently getting open and made some great catches.

Divine Deablo of Virginia Tech is a big, powerful Safety and played equally as well against the run and the pass.

Cameron Sample of Tulane looked almost unblockable this week and had a great game as well. He is a big pass rusher who could be used as a 3-4 DE or a 3 technique in a 4-3 scheme.

Auburn LB K.J. Britt was making plays all over the field.

Yeah I heard Brown and all of the non Mac Jones QBs were awful too. I guess it's Dickerson or bust as far as Bama goes.

D'ante Smith and Radunz were the two OL names I saw stand out the most other than Meinerz. Brugler was hyped over D'Ante's light feet and extremely long arms.

Richie Grant might be a good name for us too if we don't get a safety in FA. He was the talk of the secondary players that I saw.

If we draft an WR, I hope it's Amari Rodgers in the middle rounds. I think a lot of people are sleeping on him.

(01-30-2021, 08:48 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah I heard Brown and all of the non Mac Jones QBs were awful too. I guess it's Dickerson or bust as far as Bama goes.

D'ante Smith and Radunz were the two OL names I saw stand out the most other than Meinerz. Brugler was hyped over D'Ante's light feet and extremely long arms.

Richie Grant might be a good name for us too if we don't get a safety in FA. He was the talk of the secondary players that I saw.

D'Ante Smith needs to add weight. He's 6'5" and only 294 lbs. That's pretty lean for an O-Lineman. If he adds 15-20 lbs to that frame, he could improve his draft stock even more. 

Radunz is a stud.  

They had a couple of guys that I projected as OG's who were playing OT's during the game and they both struggled. Royce Newman of Mississippi and James Hudson of Cincinnati both had rough games, but I think they will be much better when they kick inside and don't have to play in so much space. 

Grant seems to me like one of those guys that "balls out" in practice, but just doesn't have the same impact during games. I know he was lighting it up during the week, but in the actual game, he didn't really do much.

Radunz was the most impressive offensive lineman IMO wit Mainers coming in second.

Very intrigued by D’Ante and David Moore and think they offer high upside.

Alaric Jackson looks to have developmental potential.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

David Moore at center is beast mode, he needs a little technique work but he is a monster at center, there were reps where guys didnt even get past the kine of scrimmage on pass rush. Their are a bunch of quality small school projects in this draft class, we have a slew up picks and i’d like to take a stab at a few.

Crazy Deonte Brown didn't give up a sack his whole career at Alabama then gives up 1 at the Senior Bowl and a pressure. His weight is like 10 or 15 pounds heavier than it what was listed. I wonder if he is just having a problem controlling his weight leaning to worse play on the field

(01-31-2021, 09:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy Deonte Brown didn't give up a sack his whole career at Alabama then gives up 1 at the Senior Bowl and a pressure.  His weight is like 10 or 15 pounds heavier than it what was listed.  I wonder if he is just having a problem controlling his weight leaning to worse play on the field

He definitely looked out of shape and really slow during the game. He was getting pushed backwards pretty consistently as well. I don't know whether he went on an eating binge after the NCG, but he looked bloated. If he does have trouble controlling his weight, that is concerning. My other theory is that playing on an elite O-Line, he had other players who would pull and help him out, therefore covering his flaws. I don't know which one it is, but both are alarming. I just know Brown needs to lose 25-30 lbs. I'm not sold on him at all after what I witnessed. I wouldn't touch him. 

Leatherwood needs to kick inside to OG. I know he wants to play OT, but he didn't look good. If he wants to find success in the NFL, he's much better off playing inside.

(02-01-2021, 12:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 09:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy Deonte Brown didn't give up a sack his whole career at Alabama then gives up 1 at the Senior Bowl and a pressure.  His weight is like 10 or 15 pounds heavier than it what was listed.  I wonder if he is just having a problem controlling his weight leaning to worse play on the field

He definitely looked out of shape and really slow during the game. He was getting pushed backwards pretty consistently as well. I don't know whether he went on an eating binge after the NCG, but he looked bloated. If he does have trouble controlling his weight, that is concerning. My other theory is that playing on an elite O-Line, he had other players who would pull and help him out, therefore covering his flaws. I don't know which one it is, but both are alarming. I just know Brown needs to lose 25-30 lbs. I'm not sold on him at all after what I witnessed. I wouldn't touch him. 

Leatherwood needs to kick inside to OG. I know he wants to play OT, but he didn't look good. If he wants to find success in the NFL, he's much better off playing inside.
I dont ever remember Brown getting help and he has dominated his whole college career.  Everything you just said about him people said about Orlando Brown and he has already made a couple PB and people are wanting to trade for him.  He also fell to the 3rd because he looked out of shape.    If Brown is there with our 3rd I'd take him without question because i feel Meyer and thus new staff could motivate him to his potential, that's one of the things Meyer is best at and I think it will translate over

Egads, he looked sloppy!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-01-2021, 10:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 12:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He definitely looked out of shape and really slow during the game. He was getting pushed backwards pretty consistently as well. I don't know whether he went on an eating binge after the NCG, but he looked bloated. If he does have trouble controlling his weight, that is concerning. My other theory is that playing on an elite O-Line, he had other players who would pull and help him out, therefore covering his flaws. I don't know which one it is, but both are alarming. I just know Brown needs to lose 25-30 lbs. I'm not sold on him at all after what I witnessed. I wouldn't touch him. 

I dont ever remember Brown getting help and he has dominated his whole college career.  Everything you just said about him people said about Orlando Brown and he has already made a couple PB and people are wanting to trade for him.  He also fell to the 3rd because he looked out of shape.    If Brown is there with our 3rd I'd take him without question because i feel Meyer and thus new staff could motivate him to his potential, that's one of the things Meyer is best at and I think it will translate over

Orlando Brown looked out of shape coming into the draft, but Deonte Brown is on another level. I don't remember him looking this obese and "doughy" during the NCG. He looked like he spent the last two weeks alone in his room eating nothing but Krispy Kreme donuts. He was lethargic and slow to react during the entire week of the Senior Bowl. He was getting thrown off balance by opposing players and he just looked awful. I don't know what else to say. I just am of the belief that when a guy shows up that overweight and out of condition for an All-Star game where teams are scouting everything you do and your performance could make or lose you millions of dollars, that is a HUGE red flag. Just look at Quinn Meinerz. That guy didn't even play last season, because of the pandemic and he kept training by carry enormous propane tanks up and down hills and spinning heavy logs around his neck. That guy really wants to be good and it showed all week. He was outstanding. That is the kind of player I want on my team.