Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market under President Biden

(07-25-2021, 09:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: BITCOIN ON FIRE TODAY.  

Bought the equivalent of 1 bitcoin via GBTC at $30k and added another half equivalent a few weeks ago for a total of 1.5 Bitcoin.  It's actually an ETF that includes Doge and Ethereum which are all skyrocketing today.

[Image: no-you-didnt.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 10:59 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

This was the scene at our house last night !!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wregro3sy75lik7q14...y.gif&ct=g]

Not impressed?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnQRHjRS9Dq-vWVqv6GWl...A&usqp=CAU]

Dayum …ATNF sitting at a 7 dollar bill???
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(02-16-2021, 06:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: PAVM  Ninja

Ninja     +240% over the last 6 months.

Look at that RAIL ticker. Click three months. Every three weeks. Ooooo weeee
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Current hits:

PAVM +293%
CELH +340%
PRCH +115%
DMTK  +240%

Misses:

Fuse +1.8%
ARCC +.34%

Train left without me:

UPST +832% (Ouch!)

(09-10-2021, 01:33 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Current hits:

PAVM +293%
CELH +340%
PRCH +115%
DMTK  +240%

Misses:

Fuse +1.8%
ARCC +.34%

Train left without me:

UPST +832% (Ouch!)

Always nice to be on the winning end of these opportunities !!!   You know life is good when your misses are still profitable -- ha !!  

My miss was MRNA @ $80 back in November 2020.  I also pretty much divested my portfolio a few weeks ago with the exception of Bitcoin (via GBTC) which is a big win and my Cruise Stocks (CCL and NCLH).  I also bought the dip on a few airline stocks yesterday (DAL and UAL).   Pretty much in chill mode right now securing my current 15% YTD return since things are a hit and miss right now as people contemplate a 5%+ correction.

(09-14-2021, 12:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 01:33 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Current hits:

PAVM +293%
CELH +340%
PRCH +115%
DMTK  +240%

Misses:

Fuse +1.8%
ARCC +.34%

Train left without me:

UPST +832% (Ouch!)

Always nice to be on the winning end of these opportunities !!!   You know life is good when your misses are still profitable -- ha !!  

My miss was MRNA @ $80 back in November 2020.  I also pretty much divested my portfolio a few weeks ago with the exception of Bitcoin (via GBTC) which is a big win and my Cruise Stocks (CCL and NCLH).  I also bought the dip on a few airline stocks yesterday (DAL and UAL).   Pretty much in chill mode right now securing my current 15% YTD return since things are a hit and miss right now as people contemplate a 5%+ correction.

Well, TBF, almost everything is going up in this big [BLEEP] bubble. I'm feeling more and more each day I should probably get out of most of the stocks, and leave the ETFs I have going on.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 02:20 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

just bought LVS dip after their plunge after the news of the China restrictions

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 02:51 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-15-2021, 02:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: just bought LVS dip after their plunge after the news of the China restrictions

[Image: no-you-didnt.jpg]

I would refrain from buying new positions on most things right now and have a quick "trigger finger" on the sell button at this point.  TRM was correct when he talked about inflation a few months ago.  Many annalists way smarter than I am are predicting a correction in the 4th quarter and I can see it coming.

I'll take profits right now and sit on the sideline until things settle down.

Of course, the current democrat tax hikes are going to kill the growth that we have been seeing.  The sad thing is that it's going to kill small business and hurt the middle class more than anyone else.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Been thinking about switching the 401k over to bonds for a bit. There is something in the air for sure.

It's interesting, for sure, but the information I get from the CIO at UBS seems to believe the S&P will hit 5,000 by the end of 2022. Now, that doesn't mean there won't be a lot of volatility say later this year or when the Dem tax package gets passed, or that individual stocks won't take huge hits, but overall, professionals seem to see the market continuing to rise through end of next year.

I'm just going to let it ride, however, I'm in my 30s, so for me, it doesn't really matter as much.

Keeping an eye on CPNG.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 04:31 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-15-2021, 04:28 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Keeping an eye on CPNG.

Bought that months ago in my motley fool "fun" account.

(09-15-2021, 04:27 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: It's interesting, for sure, but the information I get from the CIO at UBS seems to believe the S&P will hit 5,000 by the end of 2022.  Now, that doesn't mean there won't be a lot of volatility say later this year or when the Dem tax package gets passed, or that individual stocks won't take huge hits, but overall, professionals seem to see the market continuing to rise through end of next year.

I'm just going to let it ride, however, I'm in my 30s, so for me, it doesn't really matter as much.

I don't think any extreme dem policy will get passed as long as Joe Manchin has a pulse.

(09-15-2021, 04:27 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: It's interesting, for sure, but the information I get from the CIO at UBS seems to believe the S&P will hit 5,000 by the end of 2022.  Now, that doesn't mean there won't be a lot of volatility say later this year or when the Dem tax package gets passed, or that individual stocks won't take huge hits, but overall, professionals seem to see the market continuing to rise through end of next year.

For you being as young as you are I would suggest "letting it ride" because you will do better in the long term.  As far as "professionals" predicting the mark at the end of 2022, I wouldn't listen to that so much.  It may be right or it may be wrong, but nobody can really predict the future.

My best guess... and it is a guess is that there is going to be a major correction coming soon.

My advice is if you are invested in a 401k or similar look for a split between stocks and bonds/money market types of holdings.  If/when there is a major correction, your holdings will take a major hit, but over time you will do so much better if you keep contributing.  That split is up to you.  Typically leaning towards stocks is a bit more aggressive yet more risk involved.  Leaning towards bonds is typically "safer" yet less yielding.

One final piece of advice that I would give you.  Don't try to "actively" manage your 401k.  Pick from the few funds available to you and stick with them.  Keep contributing.  Over time it's going to grow.  My wife started with pretty much nothing in 2006 and retired this year with a pretty nice nest egg even after the crash in 2008.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-15-2021, 04:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Been thinking about switching the 401k over to bonds for a bit. There is something in the air for sure.

That's the smell of Crypto !!!   Been smelling like Cinnabon over the past 2 months !!!

Down 40% YTD .... the S. Korean giant is definitely worth watching.   On the topic of Asia, I got out of my Chinese companies many months ago (BABA, NIO, Xpeng, Li) -- can't be trusted.

(09-15-2021, 06:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Down 40% YTD .... the S. Korean giant is definitely worth watching.   On the topic of Asia, I got out of my Chinese companies many months ago (BABA, NIO, Xpeng, Li) -- can't be trusted.

There was a warehouse fire that put them back pretty badly.

I don't know much about the economy, but the political side of me believes there is no way the elites don't crash crypto currency sometime in the near future. I think it is where we will ultimately end up, but the same people that control the fed will find a way to guarantee they are on the top floor of whatever pyramid scheme they set up next. All you suckers that are guessing are going to eat your lunch. That's my completely uninformed opinion.