Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looks like Keenan is out

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yup
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I would have liked to keep him. I think our WRs were good under him, just had bad QB play. But its whatever, as long as his replacement is equal or better

He sure did move around a lot.

Well dang, I was hoping he would be kept on staff. WR was not a weakness on this team.

We dismiss good position coaches and keep one that is utter garbage, (Warhop)

(01-28-2021, 07:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We dismiss good position coaches and keep one that is utter garbage, (Warhop)

This is hardly the rebirth I expected when Shad first spoke of change. Hooray lip service.

Screw Keenan -- he left us for Tampa. Good bye and good riddance.

(01-28-2021, 09:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Screw Keenan -- he left us for Tampa.  Good bye and good riddance.

That's about the most moronic assessment I've ever read.

He didn't leave us for Tampa. We had to let him go because we were over the salary cap.

(01-28-2021, 10:00 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: He didn't leave us for Tampa. We had to let him go because we were over the salary cap.

There you have it ..... Keenan was one greedy [BLEEP]

(01-28-2021, 09:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 07:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We dismiss good position coaches and keep one that is utter garbage, (Warhop)

This is hardly the rebirth I expected when Shad first spoke of change. Hooray lip service.

Aren't the only confirmed "holdovers" Warhop and Baalke?

I’m okay with the move. It’s hard to justify anybody staying after 1-15. And didn’t Chark kind of regress this season?

I would have been fine with keeping Keenan, but I always thought his chance of being retained was much lower than some on here thought.  I do think many were influenced (sub-consciously if nothing else) by nostalgia over his playing days.  Meyer wasn't going to care about that.

He had to go because he was a possession receiver and that's all the routes he knows. Need more versatility thinking, like big plays.

(01-28-2021, 11:29 AM)Tyrell4000 Wrote: I’m okay with the move. It’s hard to justify anybody staying after 1-15. And didn’t Chark kind of regress this season?

I'd agree with this if we had fired Warhop.

(01-28-2021, 02:06 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 11:29 AM)Tyrell4000 Wrote: I’m okay with the move. It’s hard to justify anybody staying after 1-15. And didn’t Chark kind of regress this season?

I'd agree with this if we had fired Warhop.

Why should Warhop be fired tho? The interior line was actually pretty solid this year. Better than they had been. I think Keenan was great but I think this is just a case of being a fan favorite and just business.

(01-28-2021, 01:57 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: He had to go because he was a possession receiver and that's all the routes he knows.  Need more versatility thinking, like big plays.

Christ, does the home know you're on the computer?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[/url][url=<blockquote]#Jaguars WR coach Keenan McCardell is moving on to same position with #Vikings, where he gets to mentor Justin Jefferson, per NFL sources. Didn't have relationship with Meyer or Bevell and wasn't really in hunt to keep his job that he did really well.
— Eugene Frenette (@GeneFrenette) January 28, 2021 ">
Quote:#Jaguars WR coach Keenan McCardell is moving on to same position with #Vikings, where he gets to mentor Justin Jefferson, per NFL sources. Didn't have relationship with Meyer or Bevell and wasn't really in hunt to keep his job that he did really well.
— Eugene Frenette (@GeneFrenette) January 28, 2021

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-28-2021, 02:11 PM)Tyrell4000 Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 02:06 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I'd agree with this if we had fired Warhop.

Why should Warhop be fired tho? The interior line was actually pretty solid this year. Better than they had been. I think Keenan was great but I think this is just a case of being a fan favorite and just business.

The interior oline is filled with vets they didn't need tutelage like our young tackles did. And our young tackles were awful. Taylor was first and Robinson was 4th in blown pass blocks according to sports info solutions. Tlaw is in for a lot of pain if we keep the OL coach + awful OT status quo.