Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will any opted-out player be impactful in 2021?

Not sure how many opted out.  Here are some that I found:

Rashaan Melvin
Al Woods
Lerentee McCray

Are there more?  Will the return of any of them be impactful?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

McCray is a solid rotational guy. That's really it. I'd be cool re-signing Aaron Lynch again if he wants to play a full season though.

Al Woods is a perfect rotational 34 NT if his legs aren't shot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-28-2021, 03:59 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Not sure how many opted out.  Here are some that I found:

Rashaan Melvin
Al Woods
Lerentee McCray

I think age is or will become a factor for all 3. How well did they stay in football shape while not being immersed in the day-to-day routine that the rest of the team endured?

Let em back in for camp, but like everyone else, they got to earn their spot on the 53.

I don't know that I would expect "impactful" play from any of them, though.

I wonder how Urban Meyer will deal with the opt-outs when he is trying to change the culture? Will he see them as weak-minded, or unreliable?

(01-29-2021, 09:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I wonder how Urban Meyer will deal with the opt-outs when he is trying to change the culture?   Will he see them as weak-minded, or unreliable?

Hopefully he simply evaluates on their ability and willingness to play football in 2021.

Was it Armstead who caught Covid in the summer and got really Ill and missed most of the season?He had a few solid games and looked a possible RB2.

(01-29-2021, 07:56 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Was it Armstead who caught Covid in the summer and got really Ill and missed most of the season?He had a few solid games and looked a possible RB2.

Yea and he missed the entire season. He was in the hospital 2 or 3 different times because of it iirc.

(01-29-2021, 08:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 07:56 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Was it Armstead who caught Covid in the summer and got really Ill and missed most of the season?He had a few solid games and looked a possible RB2.

Yea and he missed the entire season. He was in the hospital 2 or 3 different times because of it iirc.

He'll most likely never play again, it's clear he got a really bad case of the 'Rona.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Al Woods. Perfect NT for us.

(01-28-2021, 03:59 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Not sure how many opted out.  Here are some that I found:

Rashaan Melvin
Al Woods
Lerentee McCray

Woods has a good chance of being brought back and serving as a backup or a rotational player.  However, I'm not sure I'd call him an "impact player".  McCray is iffy to be brought back and I think Melvin is likely gone.

(01-30-2021, 03:57 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Al Woods. Perfect NT for us.

Hopefully he will want to come back. He is very inexpensive (about 2 million) and cut rotate with Hamilton at nose tackle if they go to a 3-4 defense.