Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson looking for 4 year/100 million dollar deal per reports

Plenty of Jaguar fans would love to see Allen Robinson rejoin the team.  Look like he's asking in the range of $25 million per year. I know we have the cap room but NO WAY!  If I remember correctly he was a bit greedy the last time he was here.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-be...ssion=true
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 06:06 PM by FabianLF.)

Would love to see ARob join us, but he’s asking for too much. We have a good wr core Right now, and I don’t see wr being an immediate priority for us.

I’d rather use our cap on An o-lineman. Use some of it on dl and a reliable corner.

I just don't see a need to bring in a free agent WR anyway. If we re-sign Keelan Cole, we're 4 deep at the position with young players. Let them spend a year catching balls from a real QB and you'll see a huge jump in production from our WR's.

I'd rather see the money go into an O-line that will keep our shiny new QB upright and undamaged long enough to throw the ball to the receivers we already have.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

WRs are a dime a dozen if you have a good QB. Look at what Brady did with those little average WRs he made look good.

Yep, give me a good OL and I really think we've been missing a really good MLB --- someone like Mike Singletary or Ray Lewis Smile

(01-29-2021, 06:36 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I'd rather see the money go into an O-line that will keep our shiny new QB upright and undamaged long enough to throw the ball to the receivers we already have.

Couldn’t agree more.

Is he not a possession wide receiver? Too much money. No thanks

You guys should take his advice....

https://twitter.com/AllenRobinson/status...8125415435

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 11:47 PM by Upper.)

I do think we need another starting caliber outside WR so that we can keep Laviska in the slot, but we don't have the luxury of shopping at the top of the market with Arob/Godwin/Golladay I don't think. One of the mid level guys like Samuel, Marvin Jones, or my personal favorite Corey Davis would be awesome.

I'm all for getting a mid-level WR like you mentioned above.

I don't think we're in position to splurge big money at WR with all the other needs we have. i'd rather spend big $$$ on O-line, D-Line and secondary.

1. No one here thinks ARob is coming back.
2. ARob doesn't want to play here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-29-2021, 07:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: You guys should take his advice....

https://twitter.com/AllenRobinson/status...8125415435
Is he asking for $30?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

If he's really asking for that he'll have to settle for less than he's asking. He could probably easily get in the 15-20 range in a normal off season, but given the shrinking cap this year, he might need to take on the lower end of that range.

(01-29-2021, 06:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: WRs are a dime a dozen if you have a good QB.  Look at what Brady did with those little average WRs he made look good.

Yep, give me a good OL and I really think we've been missing a really good MLB --- someone like Mike Singletary or Ray Lewis Smile

Ehh.. people thought brady was done last yesr when he had no talent and threw for like 20 something tds. This year he had an all stsr cast at wr and all the sudden hes throwing 40 again. It goes both ways.

If we put aside our AROB bias from when he jetted the hell out of duval... the guy should be the #1 WR target in FA... Urban should make a play. Need a top WR.

We need a speed guy that can catch.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 12:29 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-30-2021, 12:23 PM)Predator Wrote: We need a speed guy that can catch.

Will Fuller? Id take a look at John Ross as well. I dont think it would take a lot to bring him here and it would be a low risk high reward type signing. A few wanted Henry Ruggs last year in the first and he is pretty much the same guy. I wouldnt of taken him with a 1st round pick but it would be a nice pick up on a low risk high reward type sigining and he would only be used in certain packages early on to minimize the risk of injury and hit him deep with the PA when our run game is working. It would be like when Tampa signed Perriman.

(01-30-2021, 12:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Will Fuller? Id take a look at John Ross as well.  I dont think it would take a lot to bring him here and it would be a low risk high reward type signing.  A few wanted Henry Ruggs last year in the first and he is pretty much the same guy.  I wouldnt of taken him with a 1st round pick but it would be a nice pick up on a low  risk high reward type sigining and he would only be used in certain packages early on to minimize the risk of injury and hit him deep with the PA when our run game is working.  It would be like when Tampa signed Perriman.

Two guys that can never stay on the field.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

What he is asking for means nothing if no team is willing to pay it.  Who wouldn't want $25 million?  That doesn't mean he will get it.  That being said, he's currently making $15 million and I saw one site that estimated his new contract would average around $20 million.  He's not going to be cheap.  While it would be nice to have him back, put me in the group that thinks we have bigger priorities than wide receiver.  We have a young group that will look better with more experience and a far better quarterback throwing to them.  

I also saw someone saying that ARob wouldn't want to return.  I'm not sure that is true.  I believe he wanted out of Jacksonville because Blake Bortles was the quarterback.  I think he would be much happier with Trevor Lawrence.  Even if hypothetically he had an issue with the coaching or front office, both have changed since he left.

We already have one. His name is D.J. Chark. He just needs a competent QB to get him the ball.