Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SSC Tuatara supercar claims world speed record at 282.9 MPH

WOW! JUST WOW!

Second time was the charm for the SSC Tuatara supercar, which has claimed the world’s fastest production car record of 282.9 mph.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ssc-tuatara...-282-9-mph
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 06:28 PM by Jags.)

(01-31-2021, 05:11 PM)The Drifter Wrote: WOW! JUST WOW!

Second time was the charm for the SSC Tuatara supercar, which has claimed the world’s fastest production car record of 282.9 mph.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ssc-tuatara...-282-9-mph

He better stay out of the left lane on 95.

That’s impressive to say the least.  And the driver says he hasn’t come close to 250 before.  Super ballsy.   Had to be a scary ride.  Doesn’t take much at that speed for things to go horribly wrong.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 07:12 PM by WingerDinger.)

I think the fastest I've ever gone was about 145 over the buckman bridge at 3am..

That was in an MR2..

And the front of the car felt like it was starting to lift up.. Never again..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

That's interesting. I thought Bugatti had gone over 300, but apparently that doesn't qualify because it was only in one direction.

With a 1.9 million dollar price tag, I have difficulty thinking of it as a true ''production" car.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-01-2021, 01:25 PM)Sneakers Wrote: With a 1.9 million dollar price tag, I have difficulty thinking of it as a true ''production" car.

They have to manufacture a minimum number of them to be considered production. I believe it's around 25.

(02-01-2021, 01:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 01:25 PM)Sneakers Wrote: With a 1.9 million dollar price tag, I have difficulty thinking of it as a true ''production" car.

They have to manufacture a minimum number of them to be considered production. I believe it's around 25.

FIA rules state a minimum of 25 and intended for "normal" sale.  I guess with more than two thousand billionaires in the world today, a two million dollar car can be considered a normal sale.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Still one of the cheaper super cars.