Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Up Hypothetical

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 08:27 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-19-2021, 06:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 04:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed, which is why I'm taking of of those OT's.

So what would you rather do...trade up to 5 to get Sewell, or say 7 for Slater or Darrisaw?

I have no preference. I'd be thrilled with any of them!

(03-19-2021, 07:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 07:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He might for the same reasons he tagged cam in free agency.

At this stage there is no guarantee a trade up can be executed, much less one high enough to land a top 5-6 pick.  Letting him walk without any assurance of a preferable alternative would be a bad idea.

Lol, it's not gonna happen.  A great player will be there at 25 and we will get another great player at 33

And if at least one isn't an OT, this will happen to Lawrence.

[Image: joe-burrow-hurt-Photo-by-Patrick-McDermo...090817.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-19-2021, 08:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 06:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So what would you rather do...trade up to 5 to get Sewell, or say 7 for Slater or Darrisaw?

I have no preference. I'd be thrilled with any of them!

(03-19-2021, 07:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, it's not gonna happen.  A great player will be there at 25 and we will get another great player at 33

You're ridiculous.  Yes, he WILL get hurt.  Guaranteed.  And if we 'upgrade' the tackles it's a guarantee he won't get hurt.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 08:45 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-19-2021, 08:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 08:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have no preference. I'd be thrilled with any of them!

You're ridiculous.  Yes, he WILL get hurt.  Guaranteed.  And if we 'upgrade' the tackles it's a guarantee he won't get hurt.

I never said he will be guaranteed not to get hurt. He still could if we upgraded, but at least we would show some kind of effort to protect him. Playing him behind the worst OT duo in the NFL is asinine. Some people just don't use common sense! The Bengals failed to upgrade their offensive line, other than the LT and Burrow got hurt. That LT that they drafted the year before (Jonah Williams), ended up being the only good part of their O-Line. You are the ridiculous one, wanting to take unnecessary risks.

(03-19-2021, 08:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 08:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote: You're ridiculous.  Yes, he WILL get hurt.  Guaranteed.  And if we 'upgrade' the tackles it's a guarantee he won't get hurt.

I never said he will be guaranteed not to get hurt. He still could if we upgraded, but at least we would show some kind of effort to protect him. Playing him behind the worst OT duo in the NFL is asinine. Some people just don't use common sense! The Bengals failed to upgrade their offensive line, other than the LT and Burrow got hurt. That LT that they drafted the year before (Jonah Williams), ended up being the only good part of their O-Line. You are the ridiculous one, wanting to take unnecessary risks.

I'm not the one guaranteeing he's going to get hurt.  THAT is ridiculous.

(03-19-2021, 08:49 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 08:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I never said he will be guaranteed not to get hurt. He still could if we upgraded, but at least we would show some kind of effort to protect him. Playing him behind the worst OT duo in the NFL is asinine. Some people just don't use common sense! The Bengals failed to upgrade their offensive line, other than the LT and Burrow got hurt. That LT that they drafted the year before (Jonah Williams), ended up being the only good part of their O-Line. You are the ridiculous one, wanting to take unnecessary risks.

I'm not the one guaranteeing he's going to get hurt.  THAT is ridiculous.

I'm playing the odds. He's behind the worst OT tandem in the NFL.

(03-19-2021, 06:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 04:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed, which is why I'm taking of of those OT's.

So what would you rather do...trade up to 5 to get Sewell, or say 7 for Slater or Darrisaw?

Darrisaw and Slater are not top 10 picks
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-19-2021, 10:39 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 06:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So what would you rather do...trade up to 5 to get Sewell, or say 7 for Slater or Darrisaw?

So where do you predict them being taken.

Obviously not in the top ten...but where?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-19-2021, 10:39 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

They may not be, but they are top 10 players.

(03-19-2021, 10:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 10:39 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Darrisaw and Slater are not top 10 picks

So where do you predict them being taken.

Obviously not in the top ten...but where?

They're lucky to go in the first. Slater goes before Darrisaw.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2021, 11:53 AM by Upper.)

I really wish the fanbase could just purge the idea of getting Pitts from out collective minds. It's just not feasible. And honestly I mean more on twitter than here. I mostly blame the beat writers though they keep talking it up. Setting up a lot of people for disappointment.

Slater or Darrisaw is somewhat realistic if they fall past the Chargers. But really just stick at 25 and take one of Cosmi, Jenkins, or Eichenberg. There isn't enough of a gap between all of them to give up likely two very valuable picks in addition.

(03-20-2021, 11:50 AM)Upper Wrote: I really wish the fanbase could just purge the idea of getting Pitts from out collective minds. It's just not feasible. And honestly I mean more on twitter than here. I mostly blame the beat writers though they keep talking it up. Setting up a lot of people for disappointment.

Slater or Darrisaw is somewhat realistic if they fall past the Chargers. But really just stick at 25 and take one of Cosmi, Jenkins, or Eichenberg. There isn't enough of a gap between all of them to give up likely two very valuable picks in addition.

I have Jenkins gone at #19, Cosmi gone at #24 and Eichenberg gone at #31.

(03-22-2021, 04:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florid...tors-2021/

That looked almost effortless.

I can see him being described as having deceptive speed, because with those long strides it didn't look like he was going very fast.

FWIW, Va. Tech CB Caleb Fairley will miss his pro day workout due to back surgery.

(03-22-2021, 10:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: FWIW, Va. Tech CB Caleb Fairley will miss his pro day workout due to back surgery.

Supposedly, it is a minor procedure, but backs are a "touchy" thing and could cause some alarm. He's my #1 CB, so I may check this one out.

(03-23-2021, 12:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 10:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: FWIW, Va. Tech CB Caleb Fairley will miss his pro day workout due to back surgery.

Supposedly, it is a minor procedure, but backs are a "touchy" thing and could cause some alarm. He's my #1 CB, so I may check this one out.

Yes, backs can be touchy, so teams will proceed with caution with him.

Conversely, it speaks well for Moehrig that he had back issues and worked out through them.

It'll be interesting to see how this development impacts the first round, if at all.

Teams would have a better grasp of his condition if there were a combine this year like there ordinarily would be.  Also, Denver, a team that has been linked to Fairley in many mocks, has signed Kyle Fuller from the Bears. 

If this combination of factors pushes Fairley down the board, how will that impact the tackles?

Would a team like the Raiders or Colts, who need a T, suddenly be inclined to take a CB they didn't think would be there at their pick?

I'm just not a biq fan of trading up period. It multiples the effect of the missed pick if it does not turn out. Especially if there are multiple picks involved. There have been a decent amount of supposed 'can't miss' prospects over the years that didn't pan out, league wide.

(03-23-2021, 10:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 12:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Supposedly, it is a minor procedure, but backs are a "touchy" thing and could cause some alarm. He's my #1 CB, so I may check this one out.

Yes, backs can be touchy, so teams will proceed with caution with him.

Conversely, it speaks well for Moehrig that he had back issues and worked out through them.

It'll be interesting to see how this development impacts the first round, if at all.

Teams would have a better grasp of his condition if there were a combine this year like there ordinarily would be.  Also, Denver, a team that has been linked to Fairley in many mocks, has signed Kyle Fuller from the Bears. 

If this combination of factors pushes Fairley down the board, how will that impact the tackles?

Would a team like the Raiders or Colts, who need a T, suddenly be inclined to take a CB they didn't think would be there at their pick?

That's only a 1 year deal, so it shouldn't have any effect on their draft plans. If anything, it would give Farley a while to fully get healthy.

(03-23-2021, 11:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm just not a biq fan of trading up period. It multiples the effect of the missed pick if it does not turn out. Especially if there are multiple picks involved. There have been a decent amount of supposed 'can't miss' prospects over the years that didn't pan out, league wide.

If you're trading up for anything in the first round except a QB you're more than likely going to regret it.

(03-23-2021, 01:07 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 11:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm just not a biq fan of trading up period.  It multiples the effect of the missed pick if it does not turn out.  Especially if there are multiple picks involved.  There have been a decent amount of supposed 'can't miss' prospects over the years that didn't pan out, league wide.

If you're trading up for anything in the first round except a QB you're more than likely going to regret it.

I think it depends on who you are targeting and how far you are moving up.

If you have the picks to spare, or you are not moving up very far and the cost to do so is manageable, then I have no problem moving up if it guarantees you the player you want.