Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Superbowls

I haven't watched a full Superbowl since Pittsburgh vs Arizona. 

I won't even watch a second of this one... just seems so boring. Fueled by the storyline of old man Brady versus Mahomes. Boring.

Question I have... does anyone really care to watch?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good for you.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 01:40 PM by JagFanatic24.)

I’ll be watching. There’s nothing boring about a Super Bowl to me. Every play matters. Every blocking assignment, every pass. It’s as good as it gets on the main stage.

Seeing as it's the most watched sporting event in America every single year, yes I'm sure people care to watch.theres nothing boring about a game that has rhe 2 beat teams in the league matching up.

(02-03-2021, 01:44 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Seeing as it's the most watched sporting event in America every single year, yes I'm sure people care to watch.theres nothing boring about a game that has rhe 2 beat teams in the league matching up.

I agree. It’s the best game of the year in America.

(02-03-2021, 01:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 01:44 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Seeing as it's the most watched sporting event in America every single year, yes I'm sure people care to watch.theres nothing boring about a game that has rhe 2 beat teams in the league matching up.

I agree. It’s the best game of the year in America.

Based on....?

I've had this conversation before.. without a rooting interest I don't care to watch and it doesn't matter. In fact, based on the last 20 years, most regular season games are better than the actual "super"bowl.

I just think we are conditioned to think this is the best game of the year when in reality it's just garbage.

(02-03-2021, 01:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I haven't watched a full Superbowl since Pittsburgh vs Arizona. 

I won't even watch a second of this one... just seems so boring. Fueled by the storyline of old man Brady versus Mahomes. Boring.

Hahahaha

Yikes. Hot take.

(02-03-2021, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 01:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I haven't watched a full Superbowl since Pittsburgh vs Arizona. 

Hahahaha

Yikes. Hot take.

It was a question...

But hey.. I'm glad you're a conformist, just going along with what everyone tells you is the best. Good for you, bro

I'll definitely be watching. The old guard (Brady) vs. the new guard (Mahomes.) Nothing boring about that.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 02:12 PM by JagFanatic24.)

If the game is garbage or not, it’s still the 2 best teams in the NFL squaring off.

A regular season game is no where close to the magnitude of the Super Bowl. Who is this guy ?

IF.....Pit vs Ari was the last Super Bowl you watched them how in the world can you call it boring ??? That was one of the greatest Super Bowls in NFL History. Harris’ pick 6, Fitzgerald’s long reception, Santonio’s game winning catch.

If that was the last Super Bowl you watched then how can you say it’s garbage. Am I getting trolled here ?

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 02:14 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

The sad reality of the Superbowl is you'd have the same level of competition from 1 and 2 as you would from 31 and 32.

Can't really say that about any other sport.

(02-03-2021, 02:08 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If the game is garbage or not, it’s still the 2 best teams in the NFL squaring off.

A regular season game is no where close to the magnitude of the Super Bowl. Who is this guy ?

You actually enjoy watching the most boring sport in the world with no rooting interest?

It's 3 hours with 12 minutes of actual action.

(02-03-2021, 02:08 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If the game is garbage or not, it’s still the 2 best teams in the NFL squaring off.

IF.....Pit vs Ari was the last Super Bowl you watched them how in the world can you call it boring ??? That was one of the greatest Super Bowls in NFL History. Harris’ pick 6, Fitzgerald’s long reception, Santonio’s game winning catch.

If that was the last Super Bowl you watched then how can you say it’s garbage. Am I getting trolled here ?

Just saying that was the last one I actually watched from kickoff to game over. Not saying it was special or not special. There's nothing special about a superbowl versus any regular season game. Same amount of plays, same amount of action.. just better commercials.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 02:16 PM by JagFanatic24.)

lol

I don’t even know what to say. It ain’t my job to change your mind. It’s not boring to me. And I disagree with everything your saying. Just bc you don’t have rooting interest doesn’t mean that I don’t. 12 minutes of actual action is your opinion.

Just don’t watch it bro. You asked if anyone will be watching and I answered your question.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 02:23 PM by Cleatwood.)

(02-03-2021, 01:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahaha

Yikes. Hot take.

It was a question...

But hey.. I'm glad you're a conformist, just going along with what everyone tells you is the best. Good for you, bro
Hahaha a conformist?! Because I like watching the Super Bowl?

Man. You’re such a grumpy old dude. Lighten up.

No one is claiming it’s “the best game ever” but it’s a championship game. No need to start a thread about something you’re NOT going to do lol

Remind yourself that this is the last football (live) we'll have for about 6 months. Rooting interest or not, I'm going to tune in (and mute the overhyping announcers) and enjoy the sport I love to follow.

I give zero farts about the teams playing this year, as is the case most years, but there's always an amazing play that makes the watch worthwhile.

You're right that it's often not the best game to spectate, those tend to be championship weekend - not near the hype, just as much on the line, and a home crowd to boot.

For us, SB is more a social event - we gather (in normal times) friends from all walks, fans or not, enjoy some food, catch up on events, watch some overpriced ads and occasionally pay attention to the game going on.

Damn man, you have missed some great SBs since then.  Why even watch football?

Seems like everyone cares about the Super Bowl except the OP.

-Here’s to hoping he watches the greatest game on the biggest stage..

Yes. I watch and enjoy every Super Bowl.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 04:35 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-03-2021, 02:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 01:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It was a question...

Hahaha a conformist?! Because I like watching the Super Bowl?

No one is claiming it’s “the best game ever” but it’s a championship game. No need to start a thread about something you’re NOT going to do lol

If you'd care to look up the definition...

You're watching something you have no rooting interest in, don't really enjoy, and you're only partaking because everyone else is...

isn't that the definition of conformist? I'm sorry.. it's just a boring game, a boring event and I guess I just don't get the same.... yay... from it that you do.

I dunno.. I've never understood why people say they want to watch the superbowl. 50% of people watching it don't know the difference between a safety and a touchdown.

(02-03-2021, 04:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 02:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahaha a conformist?! Because I like watching the Super Bowl?

If you'd care to look up the definition...

You're watching something you have no rooting interest in, don't really enjoy, and you're only partaking because everyone else is...

isn't that the definition of conformist? I'm sorry.. it's just a boring game, a boring event and I guess I just don't get the same.... yay... from it that you do.
Ummm I’m rooting for the Chiefs over the Bucs. I actually do enjoy watching football games and I’m partaking in it because I want to watch it hahaha

That’s not conforming to anything and you’re just throwing a tantrum because YOU don’t like it.

You’re just being a whiner. If you don’t want to watch it, then don’t. But telling people they are a conformist for watching a football game makes you look like a big loser.

(02-03-2021, 04:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 04:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If you'd care to look up the definition...

Ummm I’m rooting for the Chiefs over the Bucs. I actually do enjoy watching football games and I’m partaking in it because I want to watch it hahaha

That’s not conforming to anything and you’re just throwing a tantrum because YOU don’t like it.

You’re just being a whiner. If you don’t want to watch it, then don’t. But telling people they are a conformist for watching a football game makes you look like a big loser.

Look like?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]