Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marty Schottenheimer placed in Hospice

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 05:06 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

He's made how many millions of dollars for his family?

Now his family, wealthy, is throwing him in a hospice? Sure... enjoy the millions he earned, he won't know, he has friggin Alzheimers- don't take care of him - let strangers take care of him 'til he dies.

Seriously? They have millions... hire private nurses and doctors and take care of him. People like this need the money taken from them. Just give it to charity and make them fend for themselves.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-03-2021, 05:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's made how many millions of dollars for his family?

Now his family, wealthy, is throwing him in a hospice? Sure... enjoy the millions he earned, he won't know, he has friggin Alzheimers- don't take care of him - let strangers take care of him 'til he dies.

Seriously? They have millions... hire private nurses and doctors and take care of him. People like this need the money taken from them. Just give it to charity and make them fend for themselves.

You sound like a joy at superb owl parties, oh wait, you don't do those. You realize hiring a private nurse and or doctor would be just as much a stranger, right?

This is sad news, Marty and the Browns of the 80's helped me to fall in love with the game. I always had a ton of respect for him, and hate that his final days will end up going down this path.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 05:44 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-03-2021, 05:40 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 05:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's made how many millions of dollars for his family?

You sound like a joy at superb owl parties, oh wait, you don't do those. You realize hiring a private nurse and or doctor would be just as much a stranger, right?

This is sad news, Marty and the Browns of the 80's helped me to fall in love with the game. I always had a ton of respect for him, and hate that his final days will end up going down this path.

Yep, they would be strangers... visiting YOUR home... with YOUR family around - versus a Hospice with a bunch of disgusting invalid old people.

If I had millions of dollars I wouldn't send my family member to hospice. You have a thousand other options having that amount of cash

Someone is on a roll today.

Do you know what you are talking about?  Half of hospice patients receive hospice care in their own homes.

(02-03-2021, 05:45 PM)Jags Wrote: Someone is on a roll today.

Hospice is for people that have zero other options.

He has a million options. His family said screw that

Do you complain about everything?

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 05:50 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-03-2021, 05:46 PM)jagman Wrote:

Do you know what you are talking about?  Half of hospice patients receive hospice care in their own homes.

I know most hospice care is provided in the persons home..

the news article specifically said he'd be placed in a hospice facility. That's what bothers me.

(02-03-2021, 05:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Do you complain about everything?

Not as much as your wife does....

(02-03-2021, 05:46 PM)jagman Wrote:

My broke mother in law was at home “in hospice”.  Wait... they may have been holding out on us! He apparently just wants to be angry today.  I hope Marty is home and gets to watch the Super Bowl.  We’re all really looking forward to watching it this year!!

You're quick to judge without knowing all of the facts.  Did it ever occur to you that he might need specialized equipment or care not available in a home situation?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

My Aunt's family hired a private nurse to come into her house every day. The nurse got COVID and brought it into the house, and my Aunt and Uncle both got Covid. My Aunt died from it. Hospice requires their staff to self-test every day. So it may be in Marty Schottenheimer's best interest to use hospice, especially since there's a pandemic going on.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2021, 06:51 AM by The Real Marty.)

How could you make such a cruel judgment without knowing any of the facts?  You have no idea what that family is going through.  The guy might be a vegetable by now.  He is literally on the verge of death.  How would it help him to have private nurses in his house?  What about the rest of his family?  He has a wife who is also elderly and maybe she doesn't want nurses and doctors coming in and out of her house exposing her to Covid.  I know a person who caught Covid from a home health care worker and died of it.

Someone is showing off their ignorance. Fancy.

(02-03-2021, 05:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

What drivel. He's got end stage Alzheimer's, it's almost impossible to keep that stable in the home setting.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

With Covid, the probably exhausted all other options. I don’t think money is in the equation.

Wowzers....

HOSPICE!!! BAD FAMILY!!! ANGER!!!! MILLIONS!!! AHHH!!!

I just hope Brian isn’t distracted by all this and gets his job done here.....that’s probably why he tossed him off onto other people. Paycheck here, paycheck there! Win-win.

I’m so just kidding.

(02-03-2021, 05:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

How could you possibly know all the relevant details of the family situation?  In-facility hospice care may very well have been his decision.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I am assuming this struck a personal chord with the OP. If you struggled watching a family member go into hospice or deteriorate with Alzheimer’s, I am sorry for your loss.

I will say, I watched my Grandfather struggle to care for my grandmother while she died of Alzheimer’s. The stress drove him downhill as well. I wonder sometimes if the patients really want their loved ones to suffer caring for them. I know if I start to go down that road, I’d like to head to a facility and spare my loved ones from going down with me. Just my opinion, not a judgment on others.

My condolences to Marty and his family.

(02-03-2021, 05:40 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Wow, I had the same experience. Kosar, Mack, Newsome, Slaughter, Dixon, C. Matthews, etc. - good teams and fun to root for. I grew up watching their playoff games at my grandparents house in Cleveland.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt