Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MTG

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/...-no-action

So now that the Republican Party has adopted Marjorie Taylor Greene as its new face and embraced her "Hitler did nothing wrong" platform as its own, what do you all think of her thoughts, her beliefs, her positions on critical issues like Jewish space lasers and murdering the Speaker of the House, and just her in general as a human being sharing this Earth with the rest of us?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Are we supposed to click a vanity fair link? Coach me here.

(02-03-2021, 11:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are we supposed to click a vanity fair link? Coach me here.

Gotta read something while sittin around in sweatpants and having cramps..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-03-2021, 11:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are we supposed to click a vanity fair link? Coach me here.

You're supposed to read the article and/or express an opinion, but I can understand the hesitation on your part to do either.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/202...h-society/

She’s a total nut job, but a nut job that was elected by her district to represent them and the other members shouldn’t have the right to remove her unless she’s broken an actual law.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 11:50 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-03-2021, 11:47 PM)TJBender Wrote:

You're supposed to read the article and/or express an opinion, but I can understand the hesitation on your part to do either.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/202...h-society/

She was elected. Who cares. If they don't like her, elect someone else. This isn't China.

Now do AOC. Didn't see much activity from you in that thread.

(02-03-2021, 11:47 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: She’s a total nut job, but a nut job that was elected by her district to represent them and the other members shouldn’t have the right to remove her unless she’s broken an actual law.

Um...did you miss the part where she expressed a desire for the execution of Nancy Pelosi?

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 11:50 PM by mikesez.)

(02-03-2021, 11:47 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: She’s a total nut job, but a nut job that was elected by her district to represent them and the other members shouldn’t have the right to remove her unless she’s broken an actual law.

The Founders disagree with you!
Her peers have the right to remove her if 2/3 of them agree.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-03-2021, 11:49 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Um...did you miss the part where she expressed a desire for the execution of Nancy Pelosi?

Is that the same as a mysterious figure outside AOCs door threatening to execute her?

I agree with some of her ideas, I disagree with others..

I don't mind if she liked a post on Pelosi's extreme removal.. Not going to attack her if I agree.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I think we can all agree that we should kick GA out of the union because their voters are horrible.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 11:57 PM by TJBender.)

(02-03-2021, 11:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 11:49 PM)TJBender Wrote: Um...did you miss the part where she expressed a desire for the execution of Nancy Pelosi?

Is that the same as a mysterious figure outside AOCs door threatening to execute her?

I'm sorry, I didn't see AOC anywhere in this thread. Equivalency is not the topic, nor is the constant right-wing [bleep] for hating on a far-left liberal politician.

Besides, if AOC represents the extreme on the liberal side and is being made the face of the party by the far right, then certainly MTG is the face of the GOP. McCarthy's [bleep]ing out today all but guarantees that the Republican Party belongs to her.

(02-03-2021, 11:56 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 11:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is that the same as a mysterious figure outside AOCs door threatening to execute her?

I'm sorry, I didn't see AOC anywhere in this thread. Equivalency is not the topic, nor is the constant right-wing [bleep] for hating on a far-left liberal politician.

Besides, if AOC represents the extreme on the liberal side and is being made the face of the party by the far right, then certainly MTG is the face of the GOP. McCarthy's [bleep]ing out today all but guarantees that the Republican Party belongs to her.
Just asking you to call balls and strikes. Nothing more.

(02-03-2021, 11:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 11:56 PM)TJBender Wrote: I'm sorry, I didn't see AOC anywhere in this thread. Equivalency is not the topic, nor is the constant right-wing [bleep] for hating on a far-left liberal politician.

Just asking you to call balls and strikes. Nothing more.

I don't care for AOC in the least, but she's never stated support for executing members of Congress. Nor has she ever said that school shootings are false flags, or that there was no plane that hit the Pentagon, or that Jewish space lasers are used to start forest fires.

The Mother Jones article makes it sound like she needs psychological help. I'm not okay with extremism, conspiracy theories, death threats, etc., from anyone. People like that don't belong in government, period.

It's funny to me the power that you guys give MTG. She is roundly despised already in most republican circles. She does have a constituency that supports her, but we'll see how long that lasts when her funding dries up. The Republicans are going to do everything in their power to oust her, just watch. So, it's such a stretch to call her the face of the Republican party. The left has made her as a caricature of the Republican party, and it's a shame you can't tell the difference.

I do think you have legitimate concerns about what happens if Republicans can't push her out, though. I can remember asking dems to condemn AOC when she first showed up on the scene, and they justified it by saying she had no power and she was elected by her representatives. Well, now you get a different kind of crazy. When one group breaks the system, people will latch on to those who will fight to protect the system, even if they are crazy or extreme. When people feel the system is working for them, they don't seek to find outsiders. AOC is an absolutely fair comparison here. She's radical, she's outspoken, and she touts leftist conspiracy theories. Just because more people on the left believe them, don't make them any less crazy.

(02-03-2021, 11:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/...-no-action

So now that the Republican Party has adopted Marjorie Taylor Greene as its new face and embraced her "Hitler did nothing wrong" platform as its own, what do you all think of her thoughts, her beliefs, her positions on critical issues like Jewish space lasers and murdering the Speaker of the House, and just her in general as a human being sharing this Earth with the rest of us?

Did Bill Ayers bomb the pentagon?

(02-04-2021, 12:03 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The Mother Jones article makes it sound like she needs psychological help. I'm not okay with extremism, conspiracy theories, death threats, etc., from anyone. People like that don't belong in government, period.

Mother Jones is a far left magazine from way back.

"Jewish Space Lasers" is getting a ton of traction these days. LOL

I know she isn't a clear representation of "the right." She's extreme and has a host of issues. There are plenty of Republican voters out there that believe the crap she spews unfortunately, but again. Not indicative of the majority.

I do find it odd that so many conservative politicians are willing to defend her, but that seems to be waning as well.

The woman is a straight up "loon." She needs to take a psyche exam, just to see if she's even fit for the job she has.