Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MTG

(02-04-2021, 10:16 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 11:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/...-no-action

So now that the Republican Party has adopted Marjorie Taylor Greene as its new face and embraced her "Hitler did nothing wrong" platform as its own, what do you all think of her thoughts, her beliefs, her positions on critical issues like Jewish space lasers and murdering the Speaker of the House, and just her in general as a human being sharing this Earth with the rest of us?

Did Bill Ayers bomb the pentagon?

Was Bill Ayers a member of Congress?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2021, 01:15 PM by EricC85.)

So has she said she believes in Jewish space lasers and Hitler did nothing wrong or is it guilt by association? I tried to read the article linked but didn’t see anything she specifically posted on those subjects?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think she could wind up being the party nominee for Vice President. She represents the loony wing of the Republican Party, which is now as powerful a constituency as any, and if a more "mainstream" candidate wins the nomination, they could pick her to bring the loony wing on board. I am dead serious. She's no dumber that Sarah Palin.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2021, 01:28 PM by The Real Marty.)

(02-04-2021, 01:14 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So has she said she believes in Jewish space lasers and Hitler did nothing wrong or is it guilt by association? I tried to read the article linked but didn’t see anything she specifically posted on those subjects?

This has a lot of details, including links to things she has said and done.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjorie_Taylor_Greene

And you have to watch the video attached to this article:  

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...93806.html

She's walking around looking for Muslim members of Congress to tell them they have to swear in on a Bible.  I am not joking.

Well....... I got nothing lol she was a Q believer that’s enough for me to know she’s loony toons
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

She is seriously effed in the head. No iffs or butts.

A complete an utter nutjob.

(02-04-2021, 10:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 12:03 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The Mother Jones article makes it sound like she needs psychological help. I'm not okay with extremism, conspiracy theories, death threats, etc., from anyone. People like that don't belong in government, period.

Mother Jones is a far left magazine from way back.

I figured as much by the tone of the article but nobody else is saying anything different. In her speech to the senate she sounded like she was backpedaling on all the things dredged up. Still not fit for her position.

(02-03-2021, 11:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think we can all agree that we should kick GA out of the union because their voters are horrible.

Not until you excavate Augusta National and transplant it across the river to SC.

The democrats have their fair share of legitimately crazy people. A person should be "fit" for the office, but that's not a real requirement. I think it's on the respective parties to police their own. Now we have a new precedent that will be politicized. Yay for the Republic.

(02-06-2021, 09:21 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The democrats have their fair share of legitimately crazy people. A person should be "fit" for the office, but that's not a real requirement. I think it's on the respective parties to police their own. Now we have a new precedent that will be politicized. Yay for the Republic.

The respective parties should police their own, yes.
Republicans stripped Steve Kiing of his committee posts after he endorsed a conspiracy theory that western elites were deliberately trying to replace white people with non white people. That was only 2 years ago!
If Republicans had simply done the same thing to MTG, Democrats would not have needed to break precedent.
Tradition and precedent give both prerogatives and responsibilities.  If you don't use your prerogatives to perform your responsibilities, you lose them.  Simple. Sad.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Bro, MTG admitted to believing in false information, corrected her position on many issues, and promised to be more careful moving forward, which is exactly what you want when you are bringing about correction in an individual. Republicans said she would be removed if she didn't tone down her reckless statements. Let her prove herself. Dems did the same thing with Ilhan Omar. She didn't change, of course, but that was their excuse from not removing her from committees. I have no problem with removing a person that is repeatedly careless, but dems took matters into their own hands. If Repubs did that with Omar, all hell would break lose. Expect a continued dissolution of norms in our system. It's basically an arms race. We'll see, but there's more to follow almost certainly.