Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s everybody making for the Super Bowl?

Tell me what you’re having, I need some inspiration.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Boston Pork Butt in the crock pot for bbq pulled pork sammiches and homemade coleslaw.. Sweet Baby Rays for the sauce.. Gonna put it in around 10am and let that sucker slow cook..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Having chips and dip, nothing special

I think we might do something Mexican.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2021, 01:37 PM by Jags.)

Everything above sounds good.  We’re still deciding.  It’s down to Low country boil, our home cooked wings, or a seafood platter type deal.  But you can never go wrong with just an appetizer/finger food thing without the main course.  Even if you cheat and hit the frozen foods aisle.
If it’s fun to cook or eat or is incredibly unhealthy, those are usually winners.

Shrimp, loaded nachos, pigs in a blanket( you can even use full sausages if you wanted) meatballs flavored with bbq or marinara, potato skins, homemade or store bought dips with chips, Stromboli,  <—-that’s a fun one to make, pretty easy too. You can even do a favorite restaurant order for pickup in a pinch if you’re really craving “that cheese steak” or whatever.

Ribs and chicken wings. Chicken wings in the air fryer, ribs will do low and slow in the oven then take them out to the charcoal grill to sear/crust up and sauce.

Tacos de lingua.

Pizza and beer.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-06-2021, 05:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Pizza and beer.

Now THAT is a perennial winner right there!  K.I.S.S.  
That would be in contention had we not done that last week.

Lot's of booze.

Oh...food...yeah, I guess we'll eat too.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

20 oz T-bones on the grill.  Baked potato or fries will be game-time decision.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-06-2021, 05:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Pizza and beer.

Always a good option.

(02-06-2021, 06:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: 20 oz T-bones on the grill.  Baked potato or fries will be game-time decision.

Please don’t tell me beer is on IR. 

Side note, I’ve gotta ask.  Winn Dixie?  I usually don’t shop there or buy T-bone  but I saw they had them on sale for 3.99/lb.  so I went yesterday.  They had them in 3 packs of 1.25-1.3 lb-ers each.  Grilled them up, had a good dinner (with baked tater).  Had lunch and even have some left for steak and eggs in the am!  Not my go to cut, but man they were good!

(02-06-2021, 07:17 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 06:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: 20 oz T-bones on the grill.  Baked potato or fries will be game-time decision.

Please don’t tell me beer is on IR. 

Side note, I’ve gotta ask.  Winn Dixie?  I usually don’t shop there or buy T-bone  but I saw they had them on sale for 3.99/lb.  so I went yesterday.  They had them in 3 packs of 1.25-1.3 lb-ers each.  Grilled them up, had a good dinner (with baked tater).  Had lunch and even have some left for steak and eggs in the am!  Not my go to cut, but man they were good!

I'll let you in on a little secret.  Winn Dixie most likely gets their beef from the same place that Publix does.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2021, 07:45 PM by Jags.)

(02-06-2021, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 07:17 PM)Jags Wrote: Please don’t tell me beer is on IR. 

I'll let you in on a little secret.  Winn Dixie most likely gets their beef from the same place that Publix does.

My Winn Dixie was the first one to get the “upgrades” when they decided to up their game.  They apparently forgot to upgrade the floors and personalities of the people that work there.  Not to mention, something usually happens to me or my wife that tells us “never again”.  We usually go back but only for one item or so in particular.  The Publix nearby is just “nicer” like their slogan says.  I don’t shop at Publix because the beef quality is different.  It’s a nicer experience with the customer service.  I find the prices comparable.  And I don’t need a card to get the sale price.  Although, I’ll give WD this, the last few times they scanned their own stuff to give me the sale price.  And t-bones... I’d prefer a ribeye.  But that’s just me.  I saw an add for 3.99/lb and said “why not, good price and we haven’t had them in forever?”

If you guys want real prime cuts of meat, go to Costco.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2021, 07:50 PM by Jags.)

(02-06-2021, 07:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If you guys want real prime cuts of meat, go to Costco.

^this

You can get the whole beef tenderloin and it’s fantastic!

(02-06-2021, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 07:17 PM)Jags Wrote: Please don’t tell me beer is on IR. 

I wouldn't doubt this at all, I've even thought about this myself.. 

My wife and I have bought food from both Winn Dixie and Publix for the last couple of years. We have their apps on our phones and check the weekly deals. I agree that the stores probably share the same supplier on a lot of their products. After a while of comparison though, we decided to primarily travel the extra 2 miles to Publix.. The reason being, we've came to the conclusion that Publix probably stores their products better.. 

Example.. We've purchased frozen pizza from Winn Dixie (Digorno sp?) a couple different times on seperate occasions and the cheese on the pizza tasted rotten.. It tasted like it sat on a pallet, on the loading dock for a day before it was stocked in the freezer section..

Steaks, the same way.. Just didn't taste right..  So if we go to Winn Dixie, it's probably for non perishables now.

We've never had that problem with Publix though..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I just discovered these things. They're awesome. 

[Image: RitzCT_Embedded.jpg]

(02-06-2021, 08:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just discovered these things. They're awesome. 

[Image: RitzCT_Embedded.jpg]

Those are nice snacks.  Not quite SB good. But, everyday snacking... yes!