Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s everybody making for the Super Bowl?

(02-06-2021, 08:55 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 08:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just discovered these things. They're awesome. 

[Image: RitzCT_Embedded.jpg]

Those are nice snacks.  Not quite SB good. But, everyday snacking... yes!

There’s a SB level of snacking?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-06-2021, 09:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 08:55 PM)Jags Wrote: Those are nice snacks.  Not quite SB good. But, everyday snacking... yes!

There’s a SB level of snacking?

I’d like to think so.  Think of them like the commercials.  The advertisers go bigger(or try to) so snacking should be no different.  But I also suppose it depends on how much one makes the SB a “holiday”.  Either way, it’s a big event.   I try to up my snacking game as well.  Why? Hell if I know.  But I’ll use any excuse I can to eat nasty fun foods.  And I personally have gotten my wife to agree with it.  So I’ll take it!!!

Home made burgers and Brats on the grill (before the game) nachos, broccoli and cheese bites, loaded potato skins, raw veggies and dip staggered through out the game and Sweet Tea

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2021, 11:36 PM by mal234.)

I will be having hot wings, sliders with sliced roast beef, and chipotle chicken breast from the deli and assorted cheeses. And also nachos featuring ground turkey, a mixture of beans, jalepenos and homemade nacho cheese sauce. I normally would cook more homemade food but I work tomorrow, almost up until the game starts. But I can make the things I will eat tomorrow without taking up too much time in the kitchen after the game starts.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2021, 02:44 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Wings, Skyline chili dip, pork puffs, Swedish meatballs, deviled eggs, macaroni salad, mini ham sliders, veggies and dip, peanut butter cereal bars, lava cake.

Just finished two servings of Crown for breakfast. Going to follow that up with some Crown appetizers pre-game with Crown shots to munch on during the game. Mmmmm Mmmmm good I tell ya!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Friend gave me about 3lbs of Deer Bologna and I have some nice cheese to go with it, and oh ya, The Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2021, 01:32 PM by The Real Marty.)

(02-06-2021, 07:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If you guys want real prime cuts of meat, go to Costco.

Totally.  We got NY Strips at Costco, coated them with Montreal Steak Seasoning, and cooked them in an air fryer.  It was dang good.  

Yeah, I know, it's better on a grill, but we were too lazy.

(02-07-2021, 01:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Friend gave me about 3lbs of Deer Bologna and I have some nice cheese to go with it, and oh ya, The Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bologna = lips, buttholes and hooves..

Deer Bologna = lips, buttholes, hooves and antlers?

Nummy!!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-07-2021, 01:29 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 07:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If you guys want real prime cuts of meat, go to Costco.

Totally.  We got NY Strips at Costco, coated them with Montreal Steak Seasoning, and cooked them in an air fryer.  It was dang good.  

The New York strip steaks from Costco are thick. I cooked ours in a cast iron skillet with salt, pepper and butter. Very tasty and is better than grilled, in my opinion.

I have to get an air fryer. Everyone raves about them.

(02-07-2021, 01:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 01:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Friend gave me about 3lbs of Deer Bologna and I have some nice cheese to go with it, and oh ya, The Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bologna = lips, buttholes and hooves..

Nummy!!!

You just don't know whats good........ You're no country boy that's for sure
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

That sounds good. I've had venison ham, venison salami and pretty much everything else that can be made out of deer, but I've never tried venison bologna.

Costco is the way to go.

Beef plate ribs are the worlds best kept secret from their butchers. And now you all know.

(02-07-2021, 01:29 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I go to a local store near my house and where they have entire ribeyes weighing between 7-10 lbs., for very, very reasonable prices. I normally pick up 1 or 2 every 6 months. I then take them out, wash them off and pat them dry. I put them into a vacuum seal bag and wet age them in the refrigerator for about 45-60 days. I get them back out repeating the process of washing and drying them and then I proportion them to any thickness I want. You can either cook them right then or vacuum seal them in another bag and freeze them for a later date. On average, when I do this each steak ends up costing about $4-5 dollars a piece and they are restaurant quality. They melt in your mouth and have an intense "beefy" flavor that you get with aging them.

Venison is okay. Some people sing its praises but to me it's just a tough piece of meat that tastes gamey.

I much prefer to have meat from an animal that was bred and raised to be eaten. I'll take a hunk of beef over wild deer meat any day.

(02-07-2021, 03:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Venison is okay. Some people sing its praises but to me it's just a tough piece of meat that tastes gamey.

I much prefer to have meat from an animal that was bred and raised to be eaten. I'll take a hunk of beef over wild deer meat any day.

It all depends on how it's butchered and prepared and whether the deer was a buck or a doe. My venison was always tough and a little "gamey." Then I found out that I wasn't removing one set of scent glands correctly and it was tainting the meat. Once I learned how to do it, the meat had no "gamey" taste at all. As far as the toughness, you need to cook a deer between medium rare to medium or they will get tough, because venison has 50% less fat than beef. A friend of mine would break down the carcass and then soak the meat in coca-cola for like 3 days in a refrigerator, draining and replacing the marinade each day. He gave me a couple steaks and I swear, I could not tell the difference between the deer and beef. I even accused him of giving me beef instead of venison, until he showed me the process he used. It was fantastic and was among the most tender, juicy steaks I have ever had (beef or venison.)

(02-07-2021, 02:19 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 01:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Bologna = lips, buttholes and hooves..

Nummy!!!

You just don't know whats good........ You're no country boy that's for sure

I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock n' roll..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-06-2021, 07:17 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 06:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: 20 oz T-bones on the grill.  Baked potato or fries will be game-time decision.

Please don’t tell me beer is on IR. 

Side note, I’ve gotta ask.  Winn Dixie?  I usually don’t shop there or buy T-bone  but I saw they had them on sale for 3.99/lb.  so I went yesterday.  They had them in 3 packs of 1.25-1.3 lb-ers each.  Grilled them up, had a good dinner (with baked tater).  Had lunch and even have some left for steak and eggs in the am!  Not my go to cut, but man they were good!

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Most of the venison that I consume is either ground up or made into sausage.  The important ingredient is pork fat since venison is usually very lean.  I have quite the herd of deer on my property and when I let people hunt the price is a few pounds of venison.  I also have a huge flock of turkeys that hang around my "back yard".  Wild turkey (the meat kind not the drink kind) is very good.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-06-2021, 07:17 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 06:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: 20 oz T-bones on the grill.  Baked potato or fries will be game-time decision.

Please don’t tell me beer is on IR. 

Side note, I’ve gotta ask.  Winn Dixie?  I usually don’t shop there or buy T-bone  but I saw they had them on sale for 3.99/lb.  so I went yesterday.  They had them in 3 packs of 1.25-1.3 lb-ers each.  Grilled them up, had a good dinner (with baked tater).  Had lunch and even have some left for steak and eggs in the am!  Not my go to cut, but man they were good!

I'm happy to report all beverages have been cleared to play.  Temperature at kickoff is projected to be a chilly 40 degrees and accessory glassware is currently prepping in the freezer. 

It was Winn Dixie (We do about half Publix, half WD, not really sure why).  Happened to be there and saw the display in a center isle cooler.  They looked like a great cut, so I grabbed a few.  I'll probably cook an extra for tomorrow as long as I've got the grill going.  Snacking on pretzels and peanuts now, going to time the steaks for right at kickoff.  Think I'll go with fries and in lieu of a vegetable, an extra beer.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.