Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3 ex-Jags get Super Bowl Rings

Leftwich
Fournette
Gabbert.

F#%king Blaine Gabbert!!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-08-2021, 09:41 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Leftwich
Fournette
Gabbert.

F#%king Blaine Gabbert!!!!

Mikens

If Leonard Fournette played that hard when he was with us, he's still be here. He never played with that much speed and power as a Jaguar. I guess the O-Line really does matter.

(02-08-2021, 09:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Leonard Fournette played that hard when he was with us, he's still be here. He never played with that much speed and power as a Jaguar. I guess the O-Line really does matter.

(Emphasis added)

I disagree with the emphasized portion above.

He certainly played with that kind of speed his rookie year, as evidenced by the 90 and 76 yard TDs scored on back to back weeks that year. 

That year he got the best blocking he had when he was here.

His second year was when we had all of the injuries along the OL and his production tanked because of that.

Tampa's OL this year surpassed even what we had in 2017, and defenses still had to respect Brady and the passing game.  Yes the O-Line matters.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Back up tackle, Josh Wells as well

Good for them.

Playoff Lenny is a beast... we never saw that Fournette here... a little bit his rookie year but ... man he was a monster!

(02-08-2021, 01:13 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Playoff Lenny is a beast... we never saw that Fournette here... a little bit his rookie year but ... man he was a monster!

The bucs didn't see him either during the regular season. Guy did no better with Brady than he did with Bortles.

Will say, he definitely looked better yesterday than almost any game I saw as a jag. He actually changed directions when he ran into guysinstead of continuing to run into a wall. Its a small change but makes a big difference. Also the Bucs created some hug holes for him.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-08-2021, 01:21 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 01:13 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Playoff Lenny is a beast... we never saw that Fournette here... a little bit his rookie year but ... man he was a monster!

The bucs didn't see him either during the regular season. Guy did no better with Brady than he did with Bortles.

Will say, he definitely looked better yesterday than almost any game I saw as a jag. He actually changed directions when he ran into guysinstead of continuing to run into a wall. Its a small change but makes a big difference. Also the Bucs created some hug holes for him.

A lot created by Tristan Wirfs. The guy we should've drafted last year.

(02-08-2021, 12:38 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Good for them.

Seconded

disagree with that. 

One of the things I noticed him develop over his time here were his hands. Coming out of college, I think that was the weakest part of his game, and he worked on it, and got better. Being able to stay on the field when it's 3rd and 7 will extend your career for sure. That versatility goes a long way, especially when you are suddenly on the street as Fournette found himself.

I think Brady was saved a bunch by screens/short routes especially in this Sunday's game. Fournette did his darnedest to keep Jones on the bench. There is soooooooo much to be said about confidence in your leader, too. Compare the effort players give with a QB like Bortles, Trubisky vs. one like Brady or Rodgers. There is a noticeable difference.

You guys are funny. Fournette has always been a stud. Marrone rubbed guys the wrong way. Ramsey Yan Fournette and the boys wanted out.

Brady was yelling at Leftwich on what plays he wanted. Yeah Tom got them all rings.

(02-09-2021, 12:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You guys are funny. Fournette has always been a stud. Marrone rubbed guys the wrong way. Ramsey Yan Fournette and the boys wanted out.

Brady was yelling at Leftwich on what plays he wanted. Yeah Tom got them all rings.

So let me get this straight...because 'Marrone rubbed people the wrong way' it caused Fournette to miss running lanes, run into the back of his offensive linemen, and just barely four yards a carry...despite getting a huge majority of the carries?

Then he has a pretty good four game run in the playoffs, after being pretty average in the regular season, it makes him a stud.

Got it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Man, if he had just better vision and less feet shuffling, he could have easily had over 100 yards and maybe 2 touchdowns. And maybe Super Bowl MVP.

(02-09-2021, 12:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You guys are funny. Fournette has always been a stud. Marrone rubbed guys the wrong way. Ramsey Yan Fournette and the boys wanted out.

I won't go so far as to say he was a stud, and I think that the damage TC did before leaving played a big part in his exit. That doesn't mean Dougie Doug was innocent, but no way was he the cause of LF's release.

Not 1 team in the league claimed him he was cut yet he's a stud?  Don't you think a team would of claimed him?

If our undrafted guy was in Fournette's place for the superbowl he would have been the MVP. Jags have a long way to go but we have some bright spots and building blocks now
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-10-2021, 02:35 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: If our undrafted guy was in Fournette's place for the superbowl he would have been the MVP. Jags have a long way to go but we have some bright spots and building blocks now

Agreed.  JRob probably would of had a buck 50

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 07:16 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

As someone who watches every single snap of every single game for the Jaguars even when we're getting blownout because I don't have anything better to do.

LF27 changed dramatically after that injury early in his career. He went from a guy who would initiate contact and run over people to a guy who seemed to want to spin/run out of bounds. I'm sure i'm not the only one who noticed this right?

(02-10-2021, 02:35 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: If our undrafted guy was in Fournette's place for the superbowl he would have been the MVP. Jags have a long way to go but we have some bright spots and building blocks now

I do think JR-30 is better than LF. But imagine.. having both? I still don't understand cutting him.

(02-10-2021, 11:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Not 1 team in the league claimed him he was cut yet he's a stud?  Don't you think a team would of claimed him?

If they claimed him, they would have had to pay his original contract, which I believe would have been around 4.1M, guaranteed. The Bucs got him for 2M plus a 500K bonus, so we ended up paying the difference (1.6M). I get what you're saying, $4.1 for a "stud" is an easy choice to make, but considering that he was in the doghouse for a while here, the coach was opting to roll with a rookie and not even keep him on the roster, all those factors would weigh heavily in a GM choosing to wait and see what happened.

The Bucs got a steal this season. He'll probably give them a nice discount if he wants to try for another ring, but I doubt he's playing for 2.5 (or even 4!) next season.