Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My 'white privilege' is not oppressing you

(02-08-2021, 02:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 01:34 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Is someone haranguing you about white privilege?   What happened that caused you to write that?  And who is the "you" you are addressing?

And what does it have to do with the current administration?  I'm not seeing anything about white privilege that I haven't been seeing for a couple of years now.

Short version: the "you" are angry black folks who feel the white man/woman is against them and vomits all manner of discontent against whites for every single thing wrong in their lives. The white privilege shtick comes mostly from white progressives. 

Tell me what I wrote about how black folks are mostly oppressed by their own is wrong. I didn't even go into the victim mentality blacks face from their own ranks. 

What I wrote comes from personal experience working with black folks who would talk freely among themselves about all kinds of subjects. It comes from conversations some were willing to have with me because I was genuine in wanting to know why they had the mindset they did, and they knew it. It comes from living in the same neighborhood and seeing with my own eyes the "politics" of the ghetto. Of living two houses down from a drug house and hearing and seeing things. 

Okay, I need to eat lunch.

I don't meet a lot of angry black folks.  I meet a lot of friendly ones, who don't seem to be seething with resentment in the way you describe.  They're just going about their lives, trying to make a living and doing the best they can for themselves and their families.  

Really, the only place I see any discussion of "white privilege" is on the Huffington Post or some liberal outpost like that.  Where are you seeing it? 

You have to admit, in general, white people have had advantages over black people historically.  There has been some "privilege" if you want to call it that.  Admitting it doesn't mean I want to give up anything I have.  

Watch out for people trying to make you angry for their own purposes.  There are some people in this country who would like to see the races pitted against each other, and it seems like someone has managed to trigger you.  There's a lot of manipulation going on out there.  From the left and from the right.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My 'white privilege' is not oppressing you - by The Real Marty - 02-08-2021, 02:41 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-12-2021, 11:06 AM