Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My 'white privilege' is not oppressing you

(02-10-2021, 07:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 07:26 PM)Jags Wrote: I He will gladly offer up my his privilege for authentic home made tacos and enchiladas! His tacos are “generic” and his wife keeps forgetting to buy all the ingredients.  He will also mow your lawn to show his gratitude.  Wait... which race are we supposed to be again?  Big Grin   (I mean ZERO offense by that)

Stay tuned, we may have an answer and a bad [BLEEP] dinner.  We’re figuring it out as we speak.

LOL.  True story.  I have a friend who immigrated here as an infant from Mexico.  He has come out to my property to help us out some and in exchange I let him shoot on my shooting range.  Another friend needed some help on his property and I asked him "do you want me to bring my wetback?".  I told both friends what I said and both laughed because they knew that I was joking.  A joke like that in today's world is a "no-no".

As far as tacos, enchiladas, REAL burritos etc., I can do it all.  My Caucasian wife learned how to make tortillas from my grandmother, and that's all that we use (none of the store bought crap).  When our "McMansion" is done being built (scheduled for around April or May) I'll probably have a big party and slaughter a pig to bury.  Where I'm from it's called a "matanza".

Mine and my wife's lack of "white privilege" doesn't enable us to do something like that.  We both worked hard, saved and invested money to earn our new place.

Anyone that thinks that there is such a thing as "white privilege" can just kiss my [BLEEP].  Not on the cheek, but right in the center.

I’m not sure which part of this post to reply to because I can think of so much for each paragraph.  I agree jokes like that are off limits.  It reminds me of a joke I was told a while back and I had the courage to tell to a black employee.  One in which I had to make 110% sure I knew who he was and about.  Low and behold, I told the joke and he also laughed his bit off. He even asked to use it.  But generally, yes ethnic jokes are long gone.  That’s great that your wife not only embraced your heritage but also lives and cooks with it. Good for both of you on that.  As far as kissing cheeks, the “joke” we use was similar to what you said, although we added that they can “get right up in there with their tongue  and lick my.....”.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My 'white privilege' is not oppressing you - by Jags - 02-10-2021, 09:16 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-12-2021, 11:06 AM