Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why we remain divided

(02-21-2021, 04:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 04:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: No worries, I don't think many posters take you seriously..

True, but you are one of the people I'm talking about. Ticking people off is entertainment for you.
You do it to lots of people, not just me.

We all have our vices.. But the best way to avoid conflict with anyone is to not talk down to them. This is a message board, nobody is superior to the other. 

But I usually try to target bullies, posters who think their stuff don't stink and smug people.

But yes, just like the sign above an internet cafe.. Entertainment purposes only..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-21-2021, 05:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 04:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: True, but you are one of the people I'm talking about. Ticking people off is entertainment for you.

We all have our vices.. But the best way to avoid conflict with anyone is to not talk down to them. This is a message board, nobody is superior to the other. 

But I usually try to target bullies, posters who think their stuff don't stink and smug people.

But yes, just like the sign above an internet cafe.. Entertainment purposes only..

I'm pretty smug if I'm being honest.
So that's fair.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-21-2021, 09:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 05:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We all have our vices.. But the best way to avoid conflict with anyone is to not talk down to them. This is a message board, nobody is superior to the other. 

I'm pretty smug if I'm being honest.
So that's fair.

Lol, you're pretty smug when you aren't.

(02-21-2021, 05:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 04:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: True, but you are one of the people I'm talking about. Ticking people off is entertainment for you.

Untrue, I'm superior to all of you lowly Cretins. Well, except for Bunny, she is better than me. But that's it I say!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-22-2021, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 09:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm pretty smug if I'm being honest.
So that's fair.

(02-21-2021, 05:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We all have our vices.. But the best way to avoid conflict with anyone is to not talk down to them. This is a message board, nobody is superior to the other. 

Untrue, I'm superior to all of you lowly Cretins. Well, except for Bunny, she is better than me. But that's it I say!

You're about as superior to anyone as a bag of corn..

(02-22-2021, 12:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you're pretty smug when you aren't.

You're about as superior to anyone as a bag of corn..

Well yes, but that says more about ya'll than me, since Corn always wins around here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-22-2021, 12:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 12:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You're about as superior to anyone as a bag of corn..

Well yes, but that says more about ya'll than me, since Corn always wins around here.

If you haven't noticed, corn is judged on this site by it's irrelevancey..

(02-22-2021, 12:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 12:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well yes, but that says more about ya'll than me, since Corn always wins around here.

If you haven't noticed, corn is judged on this site by it's irrelevancey..

No, no, that's Blank #2.

(02-22-2021, 12:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 12:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: If you haven't noticed, corn is judged on this site by it's irrelevancey..

No, no, that's Blank #2.

Ok, so you're like a Chinese take out menu.. little from Column A, little from Column B..

(02-22-2021, 12:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 12:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, no, that's Blank #2.

Ok, so you're like a Chinese take out menu.. little from Column A, little from Column B..

With three you get eggroll.

(02-22-2021, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 09:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm pretty smug if I'm being honest.
So that's fair.

And this is why you’re my favorite! (At least for today)  Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We remain divided because everything has become all negative all the time. People aren't listening, they're just talking. They're not trying to see anything other than how they want to see it or how they think it should be.

It's because you go to a news site and see headlines that aren't actually news at all, it's just someone bashing someone else for no good reason other than to be spiteful and we all use it as weapons against each other to prove we're "right".

We have a generation of young adults who have been raised to believe they're owed everything yet owe nothing themselves. They're the ones who think, "ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you." A senator in MA actually unseated a Kennedy with that twist of phrase from JFK's speech.

It's because we have a government that is out of control on so many levels, and has been for a long time. We have politicians who use social media to mock others with Trump being the worst offender, and it all went to crap from there. Lies and misinformation have become the norm in our institutions.

These are just a few things that keep us divided. Take note that I didn't even mention specific issues (race, religion, equality, etc.) this is just in general.

We don't have similar cultural values anymore. That's the short of it.

We have one side that wants to take a break from raiding the Capitol so they can point fingers at the other and say they’re why we’re divided.

(02-24-2021, 12:41 AM)TJBender Wrote: We have one side that wants to take a break from raiding the Capitol so they can point fingers at the other and say they’re why we’re divided.

It's coming from all directions so lets not pretend otherwise.

(02-24-2021, 01:47 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:41 AM)TJBender Wrote: We have one side that wants to take a break from raiding the Capitol so they can point fingers at the other and say they’re why we’re divided.

It's coming from all directions so lets not pretend otherwise.

One side stormed the Capitol in an effort to execute the Vice President and the Speaker of the House. The other whines a lot. You tell me where the tumor is most metastatic.

You were cooler before you became a troll.

(02-24-2021, 09:49 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 01:47 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It's coming from all directions so lets not pretend otherwise.

One side stormed the Capitol in an effort to execute the Vice President and the Speaker of the House. The other whines a lot. You tell me where the tumor is most metastatic.

Drama queen much?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-24-2021, 10:01 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 09:49 AM)TJBender Wrote: One side stormed the Capitol in an effort to execute the Vice President and the Speaker of the House. The other whines a lot. You tell me where the tumor is most metastatic.

Drama queen much?

Capture, execute, same difference.
While only one is fatal to the person, both are fatal to the Republic
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-24-2021, 10:01 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 09:49 AM)TJBender Wrote: One side stormed the Capitol in an effort to execute the Vice President and the Speaker of the House. The other whines a lot. You tell me where the tumor is most metastatic.

Drama queen much?

If you could dig your head out of your MyPillow long enough to read actual news about what happened there or watch literally any of the second impeachment trial, you’d know that there were rioters, lots of rioters, who were out for blood in there. They had a [BLEEP] gallows set up and were chanting, “Kill Mike Pence.”

(02-24-2021, 12:56 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 10:01 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Drama queen much?

If you could dig your head out of your MyPillow long enough to read actual news about what happened there or watch literally any of the second impeachment trial, you’d know that there were rioters, lots of rioters, who were out for blood in there. They had a [BLEEP] gallows set up and were chanting, “Kill Mike Pence.”

So different from the other peaceful protests then?