Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Broncos release AJ Bouye

1 year after trading for him

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Time to take him back lol!

I wonder how much he’s gonna ask for.

I'd absolutely take him back as long as he would take a much cheaper contract.

He's done, tires are bald.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

In the middle of a 6 game suspension for doping. Thinking he's done.

I would take him back. Have you guys looked at our secondary lately ?

(02-12-2021, 09:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would take him back. Have you guys looked at our secondary lately ?

So you'd do old, injury-prone, declining, suspended, and expensive over young, cheap, and average with some upside?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-14-2021, 08:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 09:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would take him back. Have you guys looked at our secondary lately ?

So you'd do old, injury-prone, declining, suspended, and expensive over young, cheap, and average with some upside?

Were talking cornerback not quarterback not every player has to be a newborn child. If he could be had cheap, absolutely.

(02-16-2021, 06:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 08:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you'd do old, injury-prone, declining, suspended, and expensive over young, cheap, and average with some upside?

Were talking cornerback not quarterback not every player has to be a newborn child. If he could be had cheap, absolutely.

How much is a guy who can't make the field worth?

I would venture less than the veteran minimum, but I'm a tightwad fuddy-duddy.  After looking real quick, the minimum last year for a player with 7+ accrued seasons was just over $1M. He's played a full season once in his career. Good luck convincing him to sign that offer.

Bouye is not the same guy that left Duval. He has been suffering from concussion and shoulder injuries, and still has 2 games left to serve in his PED violation suspension. Denver let him go, deciding he is not worth the $13m he was due this next season. He played in solely 7 games for Denver this past season, and was not impressive. No one is going to give him a big contract, but would not be surprised to see him sign a short term prove it type deal in the $3-4m one year range as a veteran gamble.

(02-16-2021, 06:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 08:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you'd do old, injury-prone, declining, suspended, and expensive over young, cheap, and average with some upside?

Oh, so an old, slow, stiff guy who plays a position that depends on speed and agility. Got it. Your statement is exactly backwards.