Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would you deem a succesful season for T-Law?

From Ask Vic:

J.P. from Jacksonville, FL
If you're the Tampa Bay GM and your eye is always looking toward the future, when do you draft a QB and how do you avoid turning it into a similar situation as Green Bay currently faces?
All in means all the way in. You don't address your future when you're all in; everything is dedicated to the present. If I'm the Bucs, I ride this train as long as I can. When the ride ends, it's immediately all out. That's when the pain begins. The Jaguars have been all out, trading everyone who could return value, and now the good times are gonna roll. I like that kind of party, baby.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A Super Bowl!

Lol, j/king. If he throws more TDs than INTs and is over 60% and 7 YPA that’s success to me.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

The expectations will be through the roof. But the kid has already been in some big time games. I would like to see him win rookie of the year and throw for 28/12 @68%, start all 16, and avoid the rush and get the ball out quick. Let these WRs make plays after the catch. Thank goodness we have a stud RB to carry the load.

Not ending up with a season-ending injury like Joe Burrow.

(02-13-2021, 10:27 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: Not ending up with a season-ending injury like Joe Burrow.

That would absolutely, be the worst case scenario. It's why we need to fix the OT positions.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 12:22 PM by Dockerill91.)

(02-11-2021, 09:20 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 07:21 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Seems to be a set in stone fact at this point that handsome squidward will be our QB this upcoming season. So statistically what would you consider a succesful rookie campaign?

Personally, All I really want out of his first year is a sub-double digit INT total. Give me 25 TD-7 INTs and i'll feel inspired. As far as w/l record, too much left to be decided on the team to even think about that right now.. but hoping for 7+ wins.

Prepare to be disappointed. If he gets 16 starts (he dang sure ought to), he's gonna get caught in some rookie mistakes and make bad throws.

Success will be when his best game comes against the tacks. I'd like to see at least one game with a come from behind win, would be great to preview a team that can will itself to victory.

I'm not as concerned with the W-L this year, there's a lot of transition. Success will be when the rest of the team looks to him for leadership. When guys but their butt and give extra effort to keep a drive going. Success will be making average guys look like hidden gems.

More than anything, I want to see better play late in the season once the game starts slowing down for him. I want to see progression more than I worry about record or stats that may have skewed with early lessons learned.

Has a 17 game season been confirmed yet?

(02-13-2021, 10:40 AM)LTheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 10:27 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: Not ending up with a season-ending injury like Joe Burrow.

That would absolutely, be the worst case scenario. It's why we need to fix the OT positions.

If our next 3 picks after him were Oline I would not complain! (Assuming no FA pick ups)

(02-13-2021, 12:20 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Ok 
(02-11-2021, 09:20 AM)Mikey Wrote: Prepare to be disappointed. If he gets 16 starts (he dang sure ought to), he's gonna get caught in some rookie mistakes and make bad throws.

Success will be when his best game comes against the tacks. I'd like to see at least one game with a come from behind win, would be great to preview a team that can will itself to victory.

I'm not as concerned with the W-L this year, there's a lot of transition. Success will be when the rest of the team looks to him for leadership. When guys but their butt and give extra effort to keep a drive going. Success will be making average guys look like hidden gems.

More than anything, I want to see better play late in the season once the game starts slowing down for him. I want to see progression more than I worry about record or stats that may have skewed with early lessons learned.

(02-13-2021, 10:40 AM)LTheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would absolutely, be the worst case scenario. It's why we need to fix the OT positions.

If our next 3 picks after him were Oline I would not complain! (Assuming no FA pick ups)

Id much rather go oline heavy in free agency than in the draft. Typically id agree with you but id preter vets protecting tlaw early in his career instead of potential busts. Just my opinion tho.

(02-15-2021, 09:16 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 12:20 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Ok 

Id much rather go oline heavy in free agency than in the draft. Typically id agree with you but id preter vets protecting tlaw early in his career instead of potential busts. Just my opinion tho.

Other than Trent Williams, there is no OT's worthy of signing in free agency at this time. Maybe some good OT might get cut for salary relief in the coming weeks, but right now, there isn't. It's Williams or bust.

(02-15-2021, 11:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:16 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Id much rather go oline heavy in free agency than in the draft. Typically id agree with you but id preter vets protecting tlaw early in his career instead of potential busts. Just my opinion tho.

Other than Trent Williams, there is no OT's worthy of signing in free agency at this time. Maybe some good OT might get cut for salary relief in the coming weeks, but right now, there isn't. It's Williams or bust.
Agreed.

I think, FWIW, Villanueva is done.  I think Cam Robinson's ceiling as a pass protector is limited.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-11-2021, 07:21 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Seems to be a set in stone fact at this point that handsome squidward will be our QB this upcoming season. So statistically what would you consider a succesful rookie campaign?

Personally, All I really want out of his first year is a sub-double digit INT total. Give me 25 TD-7 INTs and i'll feel inspired. As far as w/l record, too much left to be decided on the team to even think about that right now.. but hoping for 7+ wins.

I mean if we are just talking stats and nothing more. A nice 3400+ yards, 20+ TDS, no more than 10 INTS and end it with a 63% completion. But stats don't tell the whole story. It would also be great to see 6+ wins. Positive progression is the goal for year 1.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Stay healthy, learn the playbook and study the game.. Let Minshew start the whole damn season, I don't care.. I just want to make sure Lawrence is mentally prepared to lead when he does get put in.

We finally got that sports car QB, lets not take it down a dirt road on day one..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-17-2021, 04:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Stay healthy, learn the playbook and study the game.. Let Minshew start the whole damn season, I don't care.. I just want to make sure Lawrence is mentally prepared to lead when he does get put in.

We finally got that sports car QB, lets not take it down a dirt road on day one..

That won't happen.  This is the "modern" NFL.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I think 3-13 is realistic the first year. Second year, 5 to 7 wins. 3rd year, 9 - 11 wins and maybe the Division winner.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-11-2021, 07:21 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:  So statistically what would you consider a succesful rookie campaign?

Behind the current O-line.............sacked less than 45 times, 0 broken bones, no more than one concussion and a couple shampoo commercials.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

72 days away..

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1362235967617261573

(02-17-2021, 06:40 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I think 3-13 is realistic the first year.  Second year, 5 to 7 wins.  3rd year, 9 - 11 wins and maybe the Division winner.

I'll be honest. If we go 3-13, either T-law is no where near as good as people think or we had the worst rest of our draft/free agency possible.

As long as he doesn't suffer a major injury I consider his rookie year a success.

(02-22-2021, 03:42 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 06:40 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I think 3-13 is realistic the first year.  Second year, 5 to 7 wins.  3rd year, 9 - 11 wins and maybe the Division winner.

I'll be honest. If we go 3-13, either T-law is no where near as good as people think or we had the worst rest of our draft/free agency possible.
I gotta agree here. The Jags will face the Texans (without Watson presumably) twice, Broncos, Jets and Bengals.

Those are just straight up winnable games. Add in a couple upsets and they should be 6-10 next season (maybe better). Again, this all depends on spending wisely and drafting properly.

I’ll be really disappointed in 3-13.

(02-11-2021, 09:20 AM)Black and Teal Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 09:04 AM)Hurricane Wrote: Justin Herberts stat line CMP% 66.6% Yards 4,336 TDs 31 Ints 10 Rating 98.3

Hoping to see it look about like this.

I’ll take 32/9 then. Perhaps 4400 yards & 67 percent.

Peyton manning who was probably the smartest QB ever, threw 28 ints in his rookie year.  You want lawerence to have an almost 4 to 1 td int ratio his rookie year?  hilarious!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-22-2021, 02:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 09:20 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’ll take 32/9 then. Perhaps 4400 yards & 67 percent.

Peyton manning who was probably the smartest QB ever, threw 28 ints in his rookie year.  You want lawerence to have an almost 4 to 1 td int ratio his rookie year?  hilarious!

The NFL was a lot different in 1998.