Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would you deem a succesful season for T-Law?

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 12:45 PM by Bullseye.)

(02-11-2021, 12:29 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I'm sorry but right now I still think we sit him for the first 5-6 games or until we think hes genuinely ready to start. Theres no right way, Mahomes sat for a year, Rodgers sat for 3 nearly 4 years, Herbert played from the start, its what's right for your guy.

I don't have any numbers I expect him to hit, just want to see him looking better and things slowing down for him by the end of the season. Seeing which guys work with his playing style and what players dont or we need to add.

First year of a new HC is often seeing what you have that fits your system and style and then moving forwards. It's not all on Lawrence to turn us around and he isnt a vet QB we are bringing in to take us over the top, hes our guy for the next 15 years.

I am not opposed to this strategy.  I agree completely with you.

Plenty of great QBs, including those recently, have sat for at least part of their rookie years and have been great.  Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers are among many others who have sat in their first years.

I think that would be most beneficial to Lawrence in our situation,  Cam Robinson is a free agent.  He was our starting LT last year and hasn't been overly dominant in pass protection.He can be upgraded.  If we get a veteran like Trent Williams to protect his blindside, hopefully the OL gels early on and TL can play earlier.  But if we end up with a rookie LT, I think sitting him early until the OL gels would be beneficial.  Under those circumstances, let a vet backup take all of the abuse early on until the OL gets it together, then bring in Lawrence. 

My concern is not so much whether Lawrence is ready, but more that the OL is ready.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you deem a succesful season for T-Law? - by Bullseye - 02-11-2021, 12:44 PM