Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Zach Ertz

If we don't end up trading for Brown, this is the one guy i hope we trade for that could be realistic.  30 isn't that old for a.TE and he is still a top 5 TE and can play at a high level for another 2 to 3 years at the very least and would be a veteran presence and a big help for Trevor.  I'd give our 3rd and a late rounder for Ertz.  Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2021, 10:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we don't end up trading for Brown, this is the one guy i hope we trade for that could be realistic.  30 isn't that old for a.TE and he is still a top 5 TE and can play at a high level for another 2 to 3 years at the very least and would be a veteran presence and a big help for Trevor.  I'd give our 3rd and a late rounder for Ertz.  Thoughts?

Kinda like the thinking, but at 30, I wonder what more he has to offer then Eifert.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

And he wants a new contract that would make him a top 3 paid TE.

Pass.

(02-11-2021, 11:50 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 10:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we don't end up trading for Brown, this is the one guy i hope we trade for that could be realistic.  30 isn't that old for a.TE and he is still a top 5 TE and can play at a high level for another 2 to 3 years at the very least and would be a veteran presence and a big help for Trevor.  I'd give our 3rd and a late rounder for Ertz.  Thoughts?

Kinda like the thinking, but at 30, I wonder what more he has to offer then Eifert.

Considering the QBs he was relegated to, I thought Eifert had a pretty good year.  And he's been pretty healthy for his last two years.  With a good QB, I think he could be successful again.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-11-2021, 12:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 11:50 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Kinda like the thinking, but at 30, I wonder what more he has to offer then Eifert.

Considering the QBs he was relegated to, I thought Eifert had a pretty good year.  And he's been pretty healthy for his last two years.  With a good QB, I think he could be successful again.

Yeah...Eifert's been okay so far.  Fairly reliable, which is what a young QB needs.  I just want to ensure play making at the position for years.If Eifert can stay healthy and perform at his current level, I could endorse keeping him here another year or two.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-11-2021, 11:50 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Its a weird way to think of it, i liked the Eifert pick up but Eifert has never been as good as Ertz as a pro so why would he be now?  Ertz has been a top 5 TE since entering the league pretty much.. TE is another one of those positions like lineman that players can play at a high level at an older age.  Kelce just set the TE receiving record at 31.  Ertz would be a very nice addition for this offense and Lawerence

I think it will cost a 3 and a 5 plus big money contract. Either go draft one or go with Eifert O’Shaughnessy and Oliver.

A good QB can make everyone look better.

(02-15-2021, 11:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/footbal...r-BB1dHlui

I just read an article that said the Seahawks and Colts have already began discussions with the Eagles about trading for Ertz. No mention of a price tag. If the Colts do trade for Carson Wentz, Ertz might be part of the deal as well.

I hope we call about Ertz

Giant nope from me. Last time we saw him he looked like a shell of himself athletically. He was moving so badly. Why in the world give significant draft picks and a new contract to a potentially broken guy when we can just pay Henry, Jonnu, or Everett (or even Alie-Cox)?

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 03:40 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-15-2021, 03:04 PM)Upper Wrote: Giant nope from me. Last time we saw him he looked like a shell of himself athletically. He was moving so badly. Why in the world give significant draft picks and a new contract to a potentially broken guy when we can just pay Henry, Jonnu, or Everett (or even Alie-Cox)?

He had an ankle injury that he was trying to come back from, that's why he didnt look like his normal self.  He will be 100% healed up at the start of the new season.  Ertz is better than all the guys you mentioned.  What are these significant draft picks you are speaking of?  What are they asking for for Ertz because I haven't heard.