Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why can't Poz play Otto?

I may be letting my ignorance show, but why not? He can help get everyone in place and groom Myles Jack on the field. He has got to be better than Skuta right? I am starting to lose faith in this scheme but maybe I don't understand how we can't get our three best linebackers on the field!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He'd need more experience shedding blocks from OLineman, poz at this stage should be switching out with Jack during obvious passing situations. He's a major liability in coverage and if it doesn't change teams will continue to exploit that matchup.

Quote:I may be letting my ignorance show, but why not? He can help get everyone in place and groom Myles Jack on the field. He has got to be better than Skuta right? I am starting to lose faith in this scheme but maybe I don't understand how we can't get our three best linebackers on the field!

This is actually a great question. The coaches need to get Jack in the game.

Isn't it relatively common for a MLB to make the move to Sam (Otto) later in their careers?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jack needs to play Sunday.  I don't understand his absence.  

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Isn't it relatively common for a MLB to make the move to Sam (Otto) later in their careers?

In my opinion a LB is a LB. So to answer your question, yes.

Or more simply, why can't our best players be on the field together?

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2016, 11:08 PM by Sosa.)

Well, he'd be asked to rush the quarterback. Poz doesn't strike me as the finesse type of rusher, so he'd have to bull rush, but he doesn't have the speed to blitz through the gaps. 

Edit: What the [BLEEP] am I talking about? Skuta doesn't do anything anyways.

Quote:Well, he'd be asked to rush the quarterback. Poz doesn't strike me as the finesse type of rusher, so he'd have to bull rush, but he doesn't have the speed to blitz through the gaps.

Edit: What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] am I talking about? Skuta doesn't do anything anyways.

I was literally about to ask...."and Skuta....Dan S K U T A does?

Cyp is essentially used as a roaming LB (and he sucks).  Why not just let Jack roam and make plays?  Can the D be any worse?

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016, 12:36 AM by Sosa.)

Honestly, Skuta is a suicide bomber. He just rams his head into offensive lineman like a meat head and hopes to cause a cluster [BAD WORD REMOVED] on that side. 

#SkutaSucks

Quote:I was literally about to ask...."and Skuta....Dan S K U T A does?

[Image: 4f96a2846541f246ea22ab66b0aa80014f7b9a91...52c0ba.jpg]

Quote:Cyp is essentially used as a roaming LB (and he sucks). Why not just let Jack roam and make plays? Can the D be any worse?

I disagree. He's not a roaming LB.

Quote:Honestly, Skuta is a suicide bomber. He just rams his head into offensive lineman and hopes to cause a cluster [BAD WORD REMOVED] on that side.

#SkutaBomb

Wow, I just saw your profile and it said 10 years old. Lol.

No wonder

Quote:Wow, I just saw your profile and it said 10 years old. Lol.

No wonder
You're not 10 either? I see you like hot wheels.

The OTTO is more similar to a DE than to a normal OLB. He is more like an OLB in a 3-4. The scheme is a hybrid between a 4-3 and a 3-4 with the WLB being the outside LEO with his hand on the ground and the weak side IILB becoming the roaming LB..

Poz isn't that type of player and neither is Jack to play the strong side LB. They aren't big enough or physical enough to set the edge.

We are suck between two schemes and don't have the right personnel to run either.

People want to pile on Gus for not adapting his scheme to the personnel, but lets be realistic here. There was no doubt as to the scheme Gus wanted to bring here from day one. Caldwell deserves some criticism for not bringing in the right personnel to run that scheme.

I am not trying to make excuses for Gus because he deserves a lot of blame. I am just pointing out he is not the only one who is at fault.

Tyrone Holmes could've run Skuta's role.

Quote:The OTTO is more similar to a DE than to a normal OLB. He is more like an OLB in a 3-4. The scheme is a hybrid between a 4-3 and a 3-4 with the WLB being the outside LEO with his hand on the ground and the weak side IILB becoming the roaming LB..

Poz isn't that type of player and neither is Jack to play the strong side LB. They aren't big enough or physical enough to set the edge.

We are suck between two schemes and don't have the right personnel to run either.

People want to pile on Gus for not adapting his scheme to the personnel, but lets be realistic here. There was no doubt as to the scheme Gus wanted to bring here from day one. Caldwell deserves some criticism for not bringing in the right personnel to run that scheme.

I am not trying to make excuses for Gus because he deserves a lot of blame. I am just pointing out he is not the only one who is at fault.

Poz may not be a good fit for the OTTO role, but we really can't know that if he never tries. Skuta has done nothing in that role.

I like FTG's idea. Poz could still make the defensive calls, Jack can play MLB (the position he knows best), and the Jags have their best three LBs on the field.

As far as bringing in players to fit Gus' scheme, the scheme is so specific that it has been nearly impossible to find players that are an exact fit to it. Four years of failure and Gus still stubbornly sticks to a scheme has never worked here, with players who can't execute it.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016, 10:16 AM by Predator.)

Quote:Poz may not be a good fit for the OTTO role, but we really can't know that if he never tries. Skuta has done nothing in that role.

I like FTG's idea. Poz could still make the defensive calls, Jack can play MLB (the position he knows best), and the Jags have their best three LBs on the field.

As far as bringing in players to fit Gus' scheme, the scheme is so specific that it has been nearly impossible to find players that are an exact fit to it. Four years of failure and Gus still stubbornly sticks to a scheme has never worked here, with players who can't execute it.
They don't need to trot him on the field at a position to figure out if he fits or not. They work with this guy every day in practice.

The only thing putting him on the field at OTTO on game day would do is to satisfy your curiosity, which is a waste of time.

As far as Caldwell not being able to find player to fit, Seattle's OTTO was a FA this offseason.

Quote:Well, he'd be asked to rush the quarterback. Poz doesn't strike me as the finesse type of rusher, so he'd have to bull rush, but he doesn't have the speed to blitz through the gaps.

Edit: What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] am I talking about? Skuta doesn't do anything anyways.

That's what I was wondering! Will the drop of really be that big from Skuta to Poz?