Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor's Pro Day today at 10am

Anyone know if this is televised?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

10am. NFL Network.

Urbs right behind Trev, watching him throw.. Like a hawk..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

On ESPN2 as well.

How does he look?

(02-12-2021, 11:14 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: How does he look?

Outstanding.. but, it's only a pro day..

Begs the question as to why. Why do it? The outcome is all but guaranteed.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Trevor just told Urban to stop calling him Timmy.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 11:27 AM by WingerDinger.)

(02-12-2021, 11:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Begs the question as to why. Why do it? The outcome is all but guaranteed.

If it was galvanized already, it's even more galvanized now..

" He's a man amoung boys".. " That man is prepared"..

~ Steve Smith Jr..

(02-12-2021, 11:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Begs the question as to why. Why do it? The outcome is all but guaranteed.

It's the player saying hey, I don't think I should be considered entitled to being picked first and I know I'm going to have to work regardless of talent or opinions. That's a great sign.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Just.. Damn..

(02-12-2021, 11:28 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

It's the player saying hey, I don't think I should be considered entitled to being picked first and I know I'm going to have to work regardless of talent or opinions. That's a great sign.

Yep.  A great sign.

I caught the second half of it.  NFLN will air it again at 8pm.

The throws I saw were amazing. 

Accurate.

Plenty of zip on his passes.

Touch too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Urban apparently asked him to throw.

Couple of high throws in the red zone, but that’s nitpicking. He’s a terrific talent. Some of the deep throws were unreal. Was great to see Urban there in such a prominent role. Surely the pick is locked in now

With no defense, I don't know how meaningful it is. However, he did look good.

I watched about half of his throws and I didn't need to see anything else. He is who I thought he was. I loved the drive he has on his passes and the accuracy he shows. It'll be great to have a real QB on this team for the first time in decades. It also showcased the poor receivers he had around him at Clemson. Every pass I saw was a very catchable ball, yet they were dropping passes right on their hands. To anyone that even entertained the thought that Meyer was gonna take any other QB, their mind should be put at ease. He was front and center, picking the mind of Dabo Swinney and watching Lawrence like a hawk. He was almost drooling. If that isn't a sure sign of us taking him, nothing is. This was essentially a private workout for the Jags, but other teams were invited to watch, even though they have no chance at drafting him.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 02:18 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Because Lawrence has something we rarely see in kids his age nowadays, humility and integrity. Even though he is basically locked in at #1, he wants to prove his worth and show that he is willing to do anything that a potential employer ask him to do, to the best of his abilities. The kid has extremely high character and leadership skills. I can't tell you how important that is. Qualities like that are the reason Tom Brady is so successful. Guys around him are willing to run through a brick wall for him. Lawrence has that same aura about him. If he ends up having half the success on the field as Brady, he's worth the selection, because he elevates players around him.

(02-12-2021, 01:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/trevor-lawrence...suggestion

Definitely a good looking prospect. He has great arm strength but almost as important, he throws a very catchable ball. He does have that little hitch in his throwing motion, very subtle but the ball comes out fast enough so it shouldn't make a difference. Would like to see him put on another 10 or 15 pounds they said he came in at 213 which is to thin for somebody 6'6''. Get him closer to 230 and he'll be a monster.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-12-2021, 02:26 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 01:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/trevor-lawrence...suggestion

Definitely a good looking prospect. He has great arm strength but almost as important, he throws a very catchable ball. He does have that little hitch in his throwing motion, very subtle but the ball comes out fast enough so it shouldn't make a difference. Would like to see him put on another 10 or 15 pounds they said he came in at 213 which is to thin for somebody 6'6''. Get him closer to 230 and he'll be a monster.

A lot of people on this board were complaining that Zach Wilson was too skinny at 6'3" 210 lbs. Without pads on, Lawrence looked very thin. I'm not too worried about that though. NFL teams know how to bulk guys up, fairly quickly. I look for Lawrence's playing weight to be more in the range of 225 lbs.