Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans release J.J. Watt

Texans release J.J. Watt: Veteran pass rusher, Houston part ways after a decade together

J.J. Watt was drafted by the Texans with the No. 11 overall pick in 2011

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texan...-together/
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why?

Contract. He knew it was going to happen.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Would be nice to see him out of the division..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-12-2021, 11:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Would be nice to see him out of the division..

unless we sign him.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Beat up. Nowhere close to the player he used to be.

Not the same player who is clearly on the downside
but his leadership would be invaluable for a team looking to build up its culture

At this point ya gotta figure he'll be willing to take less to go to a contender right?
Green Bay maybe?
Tampa if they have to let Shaq walk?

He's gonna go to the Steelers. Apparently, he really, really wants to play with his brothers. That defense would be even stronger with him. I think he'll be just fine. I fully believe a lot of his decline was mental. From everything I've been reading, the Texans are a wasteland. There is so much disfunction on that team it's ridiculous. I don't think any of their current players want to be there. They are without any question, the most mismanaged team in the entire NFL. Going to a place like Pittsburgh, could rejuvenate his career.

(02-12-2021, 02:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's gonna go to the Steelers. Apparently, he really, really wants to play with his brothers. That defense would be even stronger with him. I think he'll be just fine. I fully believe a lot of his decline was mental. From everything I've been reading, the Texans are a wasteland. There is so much disfunction on that team it's ridiculous. I don't think any of their current players want to be there. They are without any question, the most mismanaged team in the entire NFL. Going to a place like Pittsburgh, could rejuvenate his career.

Can the Steelers afford him? They're cap tight right now I thought. He'd be cheaper than Prime Watt but I don't think he's taking vet min...

(02-12-2021, 02:34 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 02:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's gonna go to the Steelers. Apparently, he really, really wants to play with his brothers. That defense would be even stronger with him. I think he'll be just fine. I fully believe a lot of his decline was mental. From everything I've been reading, the Texans are a wasteland. There is so much disfunction on that team it's ridiculous. I don't think any of their current players want to be there. They are without any question, the most mismanaged team in the entire NFL. Going to a place like Pittsburgh, could rejuvenate his career.

Can the Steelers afford him? They're cap tight right now I thought. He'd be cheaper than Prime Watt but I don't think he's taking vet min...

It depends on what they do with Roethlisberger's contract. He has a $41.25 million cap hit next year. They need to extend him and lower that number. That could save a ton of cash and free up a lot of money.

Read somewhere he's married a pro soccer player for the team in Chicago. Maybe he'd wanna go to the Bears and live in the same HOUSE finally.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(02-12-2021, 05:04 PM)NCJag Wrote: Read somewhere he's married a pro soccer player for the team in Chicago. Maybe he'd wanna go to the Bears and live in the same HOUSE finally.

You'd think she could afford to buy a pair of jeans without holes in them --- I know I know .... these ripped up jeans cost $300

[Image: 200216-jj-watt-kealia-ohai-cs-955a_062c3...000a33.jpg]

He going to the Buccaneers and play for the minimum to be with the goat and win a SB

The timing of JJ Watt going back out onto the market is pretty much equivalent to the time when Emmitt Smith went to the Cardinals.

(02-12-2021, 09:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The timing of JJ Watt going back out onto the market is pretty much equivalent to the time when Emmitt Smith went to the Cardinals.

Or when Tom Brady went to the Bucs??????

Its like when Reggie White went to the Packers

(02-14-2021, 08:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its like when Reggie White went to the Packers

No, it's not.  Reggie White was healthy almost his entire career.  He missed a grand total of 7 games and 1 in his last 11 years.

(02-12-2021, 12:33 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 11:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Would be nice to see him out of the division..

unless we sign him.

if this happens, mail me a shoe and I will eat it.

(it won't happen)

Dude is gonna chase a ring, look for him to end up on a sweetheart deal in GB or Pitt

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021, 10:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-15-2021, 09:28 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 08:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its like when Reggie White went to the Packers

No, it's not.  Reggie White was healthy almost his entire career.  He missed a grand total of 7 games and 1 in his last 11 years.

The were both the same age.  Watt is healthy now and was still a force regardless of his sack number

Where ever Watt goes I think he was one of his best seasons