Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doyle Resigns His position

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...g-the-job/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Interesting. It's a hire that realistically shouldn't have been made. Also interesting that the hatred of Meyer still comes through very clearly in the commentary. There's almost an edge of hysteria to it like there is with a few posters on this forum.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Has anyone seen a trustworthy account of account of Doyle's supposed words? In today's environment it's important to have evidence, not merely accusation.

On the other hand, this is an unforced error on Urban's part. He should have anticipated the blowback. My concern is how it will impact players and free agents trusting Urban, not is some temporary hoopla from media hacks.
[Image: giphy.gif]

I wonder if Khan was involved with this hiring. He made a pledge to be involved in team decisions. Did he toss the ball to Meyer and go back to his office or did he consider the accusations against Doyle were without merit?

It sure would be nice to know exactly what was said.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 08:07 AM by Bullseye.)

(02-13-2021, 07:27 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Has anyone seen a trustworthy account of account of Doyle's supposed words?  In today's environment it's important to have evidence, not merely accusation.

On the other hand, this is an unforced error on Urban's part.  He should have anticipated the blowback.  My concern is how it will impact players and free agents trusting Urban, not is some temporary hoopla from media hacks.

I don't know if you would consider this account, or the source, "trustworthy" but here are some of the allegatios against Doyle.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...hris-doyle

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...-football/

https://twitter.com/BooRadd_/status/1269...llegations

Where there's smoke, there's fire..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-13-2021, 08:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 07:27 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Has anyone seen a trustworthy account of account of Doyle's supposed words?  In today's environment it's important to have evidence, not merely accusation.

On the other hand, this is an unforced error on Urban's part.  He should have anticipated the blowback.  My concern is how it will impact players and free agents trusting Urban, not is some temporary hoopla from media hacks.

I don't know if you would consider this account, or the source, "trustworthy" but here are some of the allegatios against Doyle.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...hris-doyle

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...-football/

Thanks for the links. The ESPN article shows he was being racial without being overtly racist. Can’t have that. No excuse.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Remember when people were complaining that the Jags were never covered by the media?

Guess it’s time to get used to every move they make being scrutinized with Urban and Trevor in town.

WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! The mean old coach said mean things to me!!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ramsey would of never made it at Iowa. He would of cried himself to sleep every night

I think back to some of the things my coaches said to me back in the day and think...really? But it is a different time now and we need to recognize the hire was a bit tone deaf. We should also recognize the guy isn't on the staff anymore and we should move on.

(02-13-2021, 09:42 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I think back to some of the things my coaches said to me back in the day and think...really? But it is a different time now and we need to recognize the hire was a bit tone deaf. We should also recognize the guy isn't on the staff anymore and we should move on.

No.. We must complain about it, to death, because we have no lives and none of us have made mistakes in our little lives.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-13-2021, 06:35 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Interesting. It's a hire that realistically shouldn't have been made. Also interesting that the hatred of Meyer still comes through very clearly in the commentary. There's almost an edge of hysteria to it like there is with a few posters on this forum.

Right. It was a stupid hire but to me the Bills signing Richie Incognito and the Bucs signing AB are far more condemnable and the media barely batted an eye.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

so basically he told black players he'll "send them back to glenville" or "sent them back to the streets"? Did he tell the white players he'd send them back to the cornfields? I do wonder if there is more regarding Doyle cuz what I've read so far seems pretty tame. Sounds like a lot of general discontent from black players in the program though. I'm sure it's a huge culture shock going to place like Iowa.

It sounds to me like he worked them to hard and they didn't like it

It seems to me there was a lot of smoke and more than likely the team heard something that hadn’t been covered by the media which would have really put the team and Meyer in a bad light.

I must admit, being British here I find it quite surprising people are defending him even from the comments that have been posted here, there is quite clearly a racial undertone and unacceptable in this day and age, I’m slightly surprised there’s any defence for it whatsoever.

(02-13-2021, 12:01 PM)rfc17 Wrote: so basically he told black players he'll "send them back to glenville" or "sent them back to the streets"?  Did he tell the white players he'd send them back to the cornfields?   I do wonder if there is more regarding Doyle cuz what I've read so far seems pretty tame.  Sounds like a lot of general discontent from black players in the program though.  I'm sure it's a huge culture shock going to place like Iowa.

He was a hardass and he insulted and belittled the players he felt weren't working hard enough. By itself that just makes him a jerk but throwing in the racially tinted comments makes it intolerable.

Worse though is he apparently put 13 players in the hospital with his routine. That's not working players hard, that's indicative of someone who is downright dangerous.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 01:02 PM by SamusAranX.)

(02-13-2021, 12:13 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: It seems to me there was a lot of smoke and more than likely the team heard something that hadn’t been covered by the media which would have really put the team and Meyer in a bad light.

I must admit, being British here I find it quite surprising people are defending him even from the comments that have been posted here, there is quite clearly a racial undertone and unacceptable in this day and age, I’m slightly surprised there’s any defence for it whatsoever.

For starters, it was an accusation. I’m not saying he didn’t make the comments, but we have no way of proving beyond a doubt that he was or is a racist person. He was let go from Iowa, but now basically now the crowd isn’t satisfied with that; the guy should never be allowed to get a job again based on an accusation, not an actual crime committed or charged, or documented audio or video of repugnant actions or vile insults ? 

Second, assuming he was guilty, we’ve basically told him and others who have ever made a racially charged comment or mistake in their past; the crowd gets to choose if you can be “reformed” or not or remorseful enough or not to get a second chance. And it’s downright arbitrary. Tyreek Hill can commit domestic violence against a pregnant woman, then break that same child’s arm, but consider “changed” enough (read: he’s too talented so it gets overlooked) to play ball. Antonio brown can be can accused of committing sexual misconduct and be embroiled in a court battle but sure, it’s ok to play in a super bowl. Ben Roethlisberger can be accused of rape but don’t worry about it. And don’t give the “players would maybe feel uncomfortable with the coach” excuse; how do we again give this man a chance to prove himself? And your telling me that players are ok playing or signing with franchise with players mentioned above that have committed or are accused of horrific crime(s) against children and women but someone made unprovable racial statements and they can’t fathom being under him as a coach? So if blacklisting is ok, who gets blacklisted and who doesn’t? And it goes both ways. Kaepernick made symbolic gestures and civil acts for something he felt was right and just and got blacklisted from the league.

What a weird world to live in

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 01:11 PM by Dockerill91.)

(02-13-2021, 12:59 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 12:13 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: It seems to me there was a lot of smoke and more than likely the team heard something that hadn’t been covered by the media which would have really put the team and Meyer in a bad light.

For starters, it was an accusation. I’m not saying he didn’t make the comments, but we have no way of proving beyond a doubt that he was or is a racist person. He was let go from Iowa, but now basically now the crowd isn’t satisfied with that; the guy should never be allowed to get a job again based on an accusation, not an actual crime committed or charged, or documented audio or video of repugnant actions or vile insults ? 

Second, assuming he was guilty, we’ve basically told him and others who have ever made a racially charged comment or mistake in their past; the crowd gets to choose if you can be “reformed” or not or remorseful enough or not to get a second chance. And it’s downright arbitrary. Tyreek Hill can commit domestic violence against a pregnant woman, then break that same child’s arm, but consider “changed” enough (read: he’s too talented so it gets overlooked) to play ball. Antonio brown can be can accused of committing sexual misconduct and be embroiled in a court battle but sure, it’s ok to play in a super bowl. Ben Roethlisberger can be accused of rape but don’t worry about it. And don’t give the “players would maybe feel uncomfortable with the coach” excuse; how do we again give this man a chance to prove himself? And your telling me that players are ok playing or signing with franchise with players mentioned above that have committed or are accused of horrific crime(s) against children and women but someone made unprovable racial statements and they can’t fathom being under him as a coach? So if blacklisting is ok, who gets blacklisted and who doesn’t? And it goes both ways. Kaepernick made symbolic gestures and civil acts for something he felt was right and just and got blacklisted from the league.

What a weird world to live in

Come on, don’t be naive. You don’t get let go from a college program and then resign from an NFL program after a day because of ‘accusations’ there’s proof, Iowa didn’t want it coming out paid off, he got greedy took another job before the dust settled and once we got the proof he was asked to resign. It’s glaringly obvious if he wasn’t guilty, why wouldn’t he stay and defend himself?

If you don’t see that I’m jealous of you, because I’m about 2 months time a Bunny is coming to deliver you chocolate eggs, and in December a fat
Man will come down your chimney to deliver you presents.

You’re also ignoring the 13 hospitalised kids as a result of his program.