Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Long Article About Trevor Lawrence

The article dates from Dec 16, 2020, so you may have already read it, but I had not seen it until this morning.  

He's an impressive young man.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/back-2-campus/t...r-lawrence

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I read this article yesterday after hearing about it during the coverage of his pro-day. Anyone who has watched Clemson football the past 3 years is well aware of his elite physical skills. This article showed how Lawrence's character and work ethic are equal to his physical skills. Not only does he have a great work ethic, but he possesses a humility beyond his years. He has also proven to be a great leader whose teammates have a great admiration for. These non-physical strengths alone do not make someone a great quarterback. However, they are critical in determining how much success this player will have in the NFL. The NFL has had many quarterbacks who failed despite having elite tangibles on the field. Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell and our own beloved Blaine Gabbert are 3 examples. We won't have to worry about any of this with Lawrence. That doesn't mean that he will lead the team to the 7 Super Bowls like Tom Brady. He will need the help of the general manager and scouting staff to find a strong supporting cast of players and a coaching staff wise enough to devise the best schemes to help him succeed.

I couldn't stop pinching myself when thinking that this highly coveted player will be a Jaguar. I will always be greatly indebted to the Jets for providing us with legitimate hope that our next decade of football will be the most enjoyable ever for our loyal fans!

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 06:39 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(02-13-2021, 03:56 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I read this article yesterday after hearing about it during the coverage of his pro-day. Anyone who has watched Clemson football the past 3 years is well aware of his elite physical skills. This article showed how Lawrence's character and work ethic are equal to his physical skills. Not only does he have a great work ethic, but he possesses a humility beyond his years. He has also proven to be a great leader whose teammates have a great admiration for. These non-physical strengths alone do not make someone a great quarterback. However, they are critical in determining how much success this player will have in the NFL. The NFL has had many quarterbacks who failed despite having elite tangibles on the field. Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell and our own beloved Blaine Gabbert are 3 examples. We won't have to worry about any of this with Lawrence. That doesn't mean that he will lead the team to the 7 Super Bowls like Tom Brady. He will need the help of the general manager and scouting staff to find a strong supporting cast of players and a coaching staff wise enough to devise the best schemes to help him succeed.

I couldn't stop pinching myself when thinking that this highly coveted player will be a Jaguar. I will always be greatly indebted to the Jets for providing us with legitimate hope that our next decade of football will be the most enjoyable ever for our loyal fans!

God bless Gregg Williams, wherever he is. "Tanks" for the tank!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-13-2021, 06:39 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 03:56 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I read this article yesterday after hearing about it during the coverage of his pro-day. Anyone who has watched Clemson football the past 3 years is well aware of his elite physical skills. This article showed how Lawrence's character and work ethic are equal to his physical skills. Not only does he have a great work ethic, but he  possesses a humility beyond his years. He has also proven to be a great leader whose teammates have a great admiration for. These non-physical strengths alone do not make someone a great quarterback. However, they are critical in determining how much success this player will have in the NFL. The NFL has had many quarterbacks who failed despite having elite tangibles on the field. Ryan Leaf,  Jamarcus Russell and our own beloved Blaine Gabbert are 3 examples. We won't have to worry about any of this with Lawrence. That doesn't mean that he will lead the team to the 7 Super Bowls like Tom Brady. He will need the help of the general manager and scouting staff to find a strong supporting cast of players and a coaching staff wise enough to devise the best schemes to help him succeed.

God bless Gregg Williams, wherever he is. "Tanks" for the tank!

Wrong guy.  Gregg Williams almost ruined our prospects of getting Trevor Lawrence.  Remember?   The Jets were winless but winning a game late in the season, when Gregg Williams inexplicably called a press coverage on the last play of the game and the Jets lost the game.  The Jets fired him for that.  

So, don't thank Gregg Williams for us getting TL.  That's the wrong guy.  He was actually helping the Jets tank.

(02-14-2021, 01:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 06:39 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: God bless Gregg Williams, wherever he is. "Tanks" for the tank!

Wrong guy.  Gregg Williams almost ruined our prospects of getting Trevor Lawrence.  Remember?   The Jets were winless but winning a game late in the season, when Gregg Williams inexplicably called a press coverage on the last play of the game and the Jets lost the game.  The Jets fired him for that.  

So, don't thank Gregg Williams for us getting TL.  That's the wrong guy.  He was actually helping the Jets tank.

The guy we should be thanking is Adam Gasse.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(02-15-2021, 04:06 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 01:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Wrong guy.  Gregg Williams almost ruined our prospects of getting Trevor Lawrence.  Remember?   The Jets were winless but winning a game late in the season, when Gregg Williams inexplicably called a press coverage on the last play of the game and the Jets lost the game.  The Jets fired him for that.  

The guy we should be thanking is Adam Gasse.

Gase.  Yes, that's the guy we should thank.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 10:19 AM by Cleatwood.)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/17/trevor...aily-cover

I seem to remember some saying that Trevor wouldn’t have an economic impact on Jacksonville.....

(02-14-2021, 01:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 06:39 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: God bless Gregg Williams, wherever he is. "Tanks" for the tank!

Adam Gase is the gift who keeps on giving.

(02-13-2021, 03:56 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I read this article yesterday after hearing about it during the coverage of his pro-day. Anyone who has watched Clemson football the past 3 years is well aware of his elite physical skills. This article showed how Lawrence's character and work ethic are equal to his physical skills. Not only does he have a great work ethic, but he  possesses a humility beyond his years. He has also proven to be a great leader whose teammates have a great admiration for. These non-physical strengths alone do not make someone a great quarterback. However, they are critical in determining how much success this player will have in the NFL. The NFL has had many quarterbacks who failed despite having elite tangibles on the field. Ryan Leaf,  Jamarcus Russell and our own beloved Blaine Gabbert are 3 examples. We won't have to worry about any of this with Lawrence. That doesn't mean that he will lead the team to the 7 Super Bowls like Tom Brady. He will need the help of the general manager and scouting staff to find a strong supporting cast of players and a coaching staff wise enough to devise the best schemes to help him succeed.

You had me until you described Blaine Gabbert as "beloved"
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]