Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 08:57 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-02-2021, 11:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder if Kwity Paye will be there at 25?

Not a fan. Specifically, taking him at #25 or #33.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-03-2021, 12:22 AM)Upper Wrote: Paye is awesome but I don't see him being there at 25. Not sure how he fits in a 3-4 either. He's way too big to be an OLB, but he's got the freak 3 cone so I don't want to waste that by bulking him up to play 3-4 DE where he won't use his best asset. He's pretty much a pure 4-3 DE IMO.

Agree completely with this.

If you do too much with a player's weight, especially at that position, you can ruin him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 08:20 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-02-2021, 11:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 11:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder if Kwity Paye will be there at 25?

I LIKE Paye.

I see him as the complete opposite of Rashaan Gary.

Hes an athletic freak like Gary.  Like yall said, my main concern if he can put on a little weight without losing his explosiveness and athleticism.  He Is raw and I dont see him making a big impact year 1.  A boom or bust prospect imo

(03-03-2021, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 11:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I LIKE Paye.

I see him as the complete opposite of Rashaan Gary.

Hes an athletic freak like Gary.  Like yall said, my main concern if he can put on a little weight without losing his explosiveness and athleticism.  He Is raw and I dont see him making a big impact year 1.  A boom or bust prospect imo

That's why I don't like him. You take those kind of guys on the 3rd day of the draft, not the first or 2nd. The first 2 days are reserved for players you have the utmost confidence in. I'm not a fan of boom or bust prospects. Certainly not in rounds 1, 2 and 3.

Elijah Moore is the WR I really like if we look to add a WR at 45 or in the 3rd. He would be the perfect type of WR to ads as well imo.

(03-03-2021, 12:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Elijah Moore is the WR I really like if we look to add a WR at 45 or in the 3rd.  He would be the perfect type of WR to ads as well imo.

I like Moore, but not that early. If we want to add the same kind of WR in the third day of the draft, I would look at Jaelon Darden of North Texas, Marquez Stevenson of Houston, Shi Smith of South Carolina, Josh Palmer of Tennessee or perhaps Dyami Brown of North Carolina, if he falls to round 4. One guy that I love as my sleeper WR is Isaiah McKoy of Kent State. All of these guys can be big play threats.

(03-03-2021, 02:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 12:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Elijah Moore is the WR I really like if we look to add a WR at 45 or in the 3rd.  He would be the perfect type of WR to ads as well imo.

I like Moore, but not that early. If we want to add the same kind of WR in the third day of the draft, I would look at Jaelon Darden of North Texas, Marquez Stevenson of Houston, Shi Smith of South Carolina, Josh Palmer of Tennessee or perhaps Dyami Brown of North Carolina, if he falls to round 4. One guy that I love as my sleeper WR is Isaiah McKoy of Kent State. All of these guys can be big play threats.
Yeah we know you are a needs drafter.  You want to draft and not draft positions in certain rounds and not the player.  I think WR is down on the list of needs but if you is at the top ofnthe board I really like I'd take him.  If Moore is there in the 3rd he'd be a steal.  He is the next great WR to come out of Ole Miss right behind Brown and Metcalf.  I like Rondale Moore also and I think he can be great but I feel that he does a lot of what we will do with Shenault except he is faster.  I think Elijah is the best WR in the mid part of the field with how smooth his routes are, has good speed and also is great after the catch.  Dude is smooth

(03-03-2021, 08:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 02:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I like Moore, but not that early. If we want to add the same kind of WR in the third day of the draft, I would look at Jaelon Darden of North Texas, Marquez Stevenson of Houston, Shi Smith of South Carolina, Josh Palmer of Tennessee or perhaps Dyami Brown of North Carolina, if he falls to round 4. One guy that I love as my sleeper WR is Isaiah McKoy of Kent State. All of these guys can be big play threats.
Yeah we know you are a needs drafter.  You want to draft and not draft positions in certain rounds and not the player.  I think WR is down on the list of needs but if you is at the top ofnthe board I really like I'd take him.  If Moore is there in the 3rd he'd be a steal.  He is the next great WR to come out of Ole Miss right behind Brown and Metcalf.  I like Rondale Moore also and I think he can be great but I feel that he does a lot of what we will do with Shenault except he is faster.  I think Elijah is the best WR in the mid part of the field with how smooth his routes are, has good speed and also is great after the catch.  Dude is smooth
Good grief.

Why are you so stuck on this “needs based” drafting vs “BAP”? It’s never so black and white as you are making it out to be. We literally go over this every year and you are still failing to realize it.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 08:51 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-03-2021, 08:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 08:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah we know you are a needs drafter.  You want to draft and not draft positions in certain rounds and not the player.  I think WR is down on the list of needs but if you is at the top ofnthe board I really like I'd take him.  If Moore is there in the 3rd he'd be a steal.  He is the next great WR to come out of Ole Miss right behind Brown and Metcalf.  I like Rondale Moore also and I think he can be great but I feel that he does a lot of what we will do with Shenault except he is faster.  I think Elijah is the best WR in the mid part of the field with how smooth his routes are, has good speed and also is great after the catch.  Dude is smooth
Good grief.

Why are you so stuck on this “needs based” drafting vs “BAP”? It’s never so black and white as you are making it out to be. We literally go over this every year and you are still failing to realize it.

Because he don't like any draft if a LT isn't drafted at 25 and he don't want a WR in the first 3 rounds because he don't think it's a need. That's exactly what need drafting is.  We do go over this every year and some people like to draft like that and some dont. Hes the one stuck on it, I like to be flexible going into a draft

(03-03-2021, 08:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 02:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I like Moore, but not that early. If we want to add the same kind of WR in the third day of the draft, I would look at Jaelon Darden of North Texas, Marquez Stevenson of Houston, Shi Smith of South Carolina, Josh Palmer of Tennessee or perhaps Dyami Brown of North Carolina, if he falls to round 4. One guy that I love as my sleeper WR is Isaiah McKoy of Kent State. All of these guys can be big play threats.

Absolutely not. You and I just drastically disagree who should be ranked where. If somehow Ja'Marr Chase or Devonta Smith fell to #25, I'd be all over them, despite my feeling of WR not being a need. I have them both as top 10 players, so they would represent the best value. I just don't see Elijah Moore being that good of a value in round 3. I have several other WR's I like a lot better. I have my WR rankings as such.....

1. Ja'Marr Chase
2. DeVonta Smith
3. Jaylen Waddle
4. Sage Surratt
5. Rashod Bateman
6. Rondale Moore 
7. Terrance Marshall
8. Tylan Wallace
9. Amon-Ra St. Brown
10. Dyami Brown

Elijah Moore would be slotted at #11 on my list. This is a very deep WR class. I just see guys with very similar skill sets, who can be had in later rounds.

(03-03-2021, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 08:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good grief.

Because he don't like any draft if a LT isn't drafted at 25 and he don't want a WR in the first 3 rounds because he don't think it's a need. That's exactly what need drafting is.  We do go over this every year and some people like to draft like that and some dont

It's "he doesn't like" not "he don't like. "

I never said LT has to be addressed at #25, but it does have to be addressed with a player I think can be a very good player and there is a HUGE dropoff in my opinion from the top OT's to the mid level guys. Hence, I think we need to take one early. That's not needs drafting, it's saying I want to get one of the top players in the draft at a position that I consider to be the second most important, behind QB. This isn't rocket science. I have several OT's ranked in my top 25 overall players. I think this is a very top heavy draft at the position.

(03-03-2021, 08:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Because he don't like any draft if a LT isn't drafted at 25 and he don't want a WR in the first 3 rounds because he don't think it's a need. That's exactly what need drafting is.  We do go over this every year and some people like to draft like that and some dont

I never said LT has to be addressed at #25, but it does have to be addressed with a player I think can be a very good player and there is a HUGE dropoff in my opinion from the top OT's to the mid level guys. Hence, I think we need to take one early. That's not needs drafting, it's saying I want to get one of the top players in the draft at a position that I consider to be the second most important, behind QB. This isn't rocket science. I have several OT's ranked in my top 25 overall players. I think this is a very top heavy draft at the position.
Oh so taking a tackle at 25 would then be considered BAP for you? Man.... what a hard concept to comprehend.

(03-03-2021, 08:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Because he don't like any draft if a LT isn't drafted at 25 and he don't want a WR in the first 3 rounds because he don't think it's a need. That's exactly what need drafting is.  We do go over this every year and some people like to draft like that and some dont

Yeah, you dont know how the board is gonna fall thats why I would never single out a position in a certain round before the draft.  When yiu do that you are positioning yourself to reach for a lesser talent.  Its crazy that you think Moore would be a reach in the 3rd

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 09:11 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-03-2021, 09:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 08:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's "he doesn't like" not "he don't like. "

Oh so taking a tackle at 25 would then be considered BAP for you? Man.... what a hard concept to comprehend.

Depending on who is still available, yes. If someone like Ja'Marr Chase falls to #25 though, I gotta take him, because I have him as the #4 overall player in the draft, but if one of the OT's I have in my top 25 overall players falls to #25, I definitely take him, due to him being an elite player imo, and the fact that he plays at a priority position. If we get to #25 and the highest rated OT on my board is the #39 overall player, I draft another position though. I'm not gonna reach.

(03-03-2021, 09:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 08:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's "he doesn't like" not "he don't like. "

Yeah, you dont know how the board is gonna fall thats why I would never single out a position in a certain round before the draft.  When yiu do that you are positioning yourself to reach for a lesser talent.  Its crazy that you think Moore would be a reach in the 3rd

Because I have him as the #11 WR on my board and I see players with very similar skill sets that I can have later. It's not a hard concept to follow.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 09:22 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-03-2021, 09:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 09:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh so taking a tackle at 25 would then be considered BAP for you? Man.... what a hard concept to comprehend.

Depending on who is still available, yes. If someone like Ja'Marr Chase falls to #25 though, I gotta take him, because I have him as the #4 overall player in the draft, but if one of the OT's I have in my top 25 overall players falls to #25, I definitely take him, due to him being an elite player imo, and the fact that he plays at a priority position. If we get to #25 and the highest rated OT on my board is the #39 overall player, I draft another position though. I'm not gonna reach.

(03-03-2021, 09:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, you dont know how the board is gonna fall thats why I would never single out a position in a certain round before the draft.  When yiu do that you are positioning yourself to reach for a lesser talent.  Its crazy that you think Moore would be a reach in the 3rd

Because I have him as the #11 WR on my board and I see players with very similar skill sets that I can have later. It's not a hard concept to follow.

Sometimes I forget how you evaluate your players.  McCaffrey wasnt gonna be good because he is white, Saquon Barkley wasn't gonna be good just because, i wonder who has the best name in this draft?

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 10:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

We need a WR like this and he does hook a bit like AB out there, smooth

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...71874?s=19

Was already probably my top guy outside the top 3 WRs but I'm liking him more and more seeing these stats. Not to mention doing this against all SEC competition

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...21632?s=19

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 10:17 PM by Upper.)

I'm not sure we should be that shocked by those numbers, he played exclusively slot so he wasn't ever getting pressed or having to make tough catches downfield.

I like Elijah fine, but he's more like my WR7 or 8.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 10:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-03-2021, 10:17 PM)Upper Wrote: I'm not sure we should be that shocked by those numbers, he played exclusively slot so he wasn't ever getting pressed or having to make tough catches downfield.

I like Elijah fine, but he's more like my WR7 or 8.

Meh, so did AJ Brown and Justin Jefferson.  He has the skill set to play outside or in the slot imo with his quickness and route running.   I'm pretty impressed with those numbers, every other team had a slot WR but he was still on top regardless

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 11:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This is my guy I think at 45, possibly 33. He might go in the 1st though

https://twitter.com/DevyEusuf/status/136...66498?s=19

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2021, 12:07 AM by Upper.)

Definitely won't argue that he's better than Toney, don't think he's as good as Rondale Moore or Bateman though.